Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's very ironic, if you ask me
Man, perhaps you don't understand what "ironic" means, and overuse this word🥱
By your logic, the fact that Joel Cohen wrote THOH27 was ironic, cause "he had also written THOH26". No, it isn't! Irony is specific expression of laugh.

Oliver took UABF18 just because it was his turn in "director's cycle" (but please, Justin, don't tell us about it again), and the fact he had also directed Thanksgiving of Horror (YABF17) and earlier THOH24 (RABF16) isn't more than just "coincidence".

In smart words, don't think the writers/crew on purpose decided "let TH33 have such prod. code, so Rob Oliver would direct it, because this would be the best match"

I'm all. Sorry for off-top.

Man, perhaps you don't understand what "ironic" means, and overuse this word🥱
By your logic, the fact that Joel Cohen wrote THOH27 was ironic, cause "he had also written THOH26". No, it isn't! Irony is specific expression of laugh.

Oliver took UABF18 just because it was his turn in "director's cycle" (but please, Justin, don't tell us about it again), and the fact he had also directed Thanksgiving of Horror (YABF17) and earlier THOH24 (RABF16) isn't more than just "coincidence".

In smart words, don't think the writers/crew on purpose decided "let TH33 have such prod. code, so Rob Oliver would direct it, because this would be the best match"

I'm all. Sorry for off-top.
Okay Bohdan, I'll try to keep that in mind

Usual request: Since tonight's episode is the first of a new production line, can someone post any changes to the crew credits here?
As the matter of fact Nameless, there are a few changes for the crew credits for the UABF cycle:

1. Last night, Carolyn Omine, Tim Long and Dan Castellaneta switched from Consulting Producer to Co-Executive Producer
2. Michael Price and Jeff Westbrook came back as Co-Executive Producers
3. Elisabeth Kiernan Averick switched from Supervising Producer to Co-Executive Producer
4. Cesar Mazariegos is now the Producer, and Jessica Conrad is the Co-Producer
5. Loni Steele Sosthand switched from Story Editor to Executive Story Editor

P.S. I know I already said this in the other thread.

That's enormously interesting, thank you!

So the show now has a whopping THIRTEEN co-executive producers, six of them promoted or returning for this run: Burns, Castellaneta, Cohen, Kelley, Kiernan Averick, Koh, LaZebnik, Long, Nangle, Omine, Price, Vebber and Westbrook. Carolyn Omine is working on the show full-time for the first time since Season 17, Tim Long since Season 19, and Dan for the first time ever.

Cezar Mazariegos has skipped a rank by going from executive story editor to producer, but I don't think that's unprecedented; Dan Greaney and Ron Hague did a similar thing back in Season 9, and Richard Appel went from story editor to producer in Season 8. Mike Scully has temporarily departed the show twice before so this one might also be temporary. Interesting to see Westbrook back so soon, given he seemingly left to work on another show.

You're welcome! And if I remember correctly, I think Mike Scully's currently working on Season 3 for Duncanville for next summer right now, that's probably why Mike Scully got departed The Simpsons as for right now

Sorry for the double post, but something tells me that Matt Selman will be the showrunner again for UABF21 and UABF22 (I'm pretty sure he's also the showrunner for UABF20 as well). AlwaysWondered had ask Michael Price on Twitter about if Matt Selman will showrun both UABF21 and UABF22:

Just to warn Phantom123 again, that next Thursday and a week after, he won't need to worry about asking one of The Simpsons crew on Twitter about the table read again, and about what the episode names will be for UABF21 and UABF22 (I know there won't be a table read later this week, but I've said enough for right now)

Usual request: Since tonight's episode is the first of a new production line, can someone post any changes to the crew credits here?
Do you want closing credit changes as well?
I compared UABF01 to QABF22, and while most of them were the same, I did notice a few changes. I will admit that some of these are more "episode to episode" changes rather than "production season to production season" ones.
The only positions in UABF01 that were not in QABF22 (besides one-offs like "Lisa's Party Dress by") were Lead Scene Planner and Digital FX Artist, although Scene Planner was moved up in the credits order.
Loni Steele Sosthand appears to have taken Jessica Conrad's place as Executive Story Editor; there was no separate "Story Editor" credit in UABF01.
There was no Additional Storyboards credit; Michael Tran was moved to Storyboard Revisions.
Christina Lang Daley and Tuan Nguyen were moved from Character Layout to Lead Character Layout
Stephen Fahey was moved from Digital Compostors to the new(?) Digital FX Artist credit.
Erika Isabel Vega was moved form Scene Planner to the new(?) Lead Scene Planner.
The four new Scene Planners all moved from other positions: Zia Adsit-Metts from Lip Sync, Mike Disa, Rick Moser, and Kristina Pace from Digital Compostors.
The two Animation Production Lead Coordinators in QABF22, Alexandru Becea and Robert Brunette, were "demoted" to Animation Production Coordinators, and two other Animation Production Coordinators, Michael Hartman and Brittney Anne Vasquez, were "promoted" from Animation Production Coordinators to Animation Production Lead Coordinators, although like I said, for all I know, this sort of thing is done on an episode-by-episode basis.
There were a few other names added/removed, but that's about it.

With all these talks of who-did-what and who's going to be showrunning or writing or whatever, part of me wishes we could just go in blind and only find out once the credits are rolling...

The Longest Marge is "somewhat" sports related episode (The Longest Yard title pun, to said) (thanks, Kelsey). Now, all going less confused about this episode and we understand, why they put before PaA: sports-related thematic is near to SuperBowl… but there going yo be LONG break throughout Jan and Febr (there was the same with Specs and rhe City and Valentine day 2 Winter Olympics ago) and so on etc.  Marge's in Jail 

Last edited:
So far we have yet to know who the directors are for Boyz N the Highlands, Bart the Cool Kid, Girls Just Shuana Have Fun, Meat is Murder, Poorhouse Rock, Habeus Tortoise, One Angry Lisa and The King of Nice. But hey, Matthew Faughnan could be the director for Habeus Tortoise (since Faughnan usually directs x16 episodes in a production cycle anyway, he'll probably direct one more as usual at the end of the production cycle after that)

The new credits order was initially baffling until I figured out the reasoning. They're now arranged by seniority - when the writer first joined the show (which now places the likes of Joel Cohen and Brian Kelley before Burns and Price). I'm going to wait until next sunday to be sure, but I'm assuming each episode's writer now always gets credited before everyone else (LaZebnik's producer credit was inexplicably placed before Frink's - it's the only reason I can think of).

While we get Westbrook and Price back, overall the show is down two writers due to the loss of Gammill/Pross as well as Mike Scully (I'm assuming Duncanville has to do with that).

Last edited:
When was Wiggum ever thin? Even in the flashbacks when he was in college - and hasn't there been at least one when he was younger than that - wasn't he always overweight?
Now Don... you know better than to bring established canon and precedent into this. These writers won't let such trivial things stand in the way of a good "this was the origin of this thing" gag in a flashback episode. That's like half of their bread and butter for these episodes that take place in the past.

When was Wiggum ever thin? Even in the flashbacks when he was in college - and hasn't there been at least one when he was younger than that - wasn't he always overweight?
Al Jean's voice: It's curved Simpsons universe, where nothing is canon:lol:. But seriously, it's unforgettable, if it done (ruined the canon logic) just for another joke scene:shake:
Now Don... you know better than to bring established canon and precedent into this. These writers won't let such trivial things stand in the way of a good "this was the origin of this thing" gag in a flashback episode.
Gosh! You ahead me Brad while I was writing.

--"THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

FAT TONY IS MAGGIE'S GODFATHER ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19, ON FOX

Fat Tony becomes Godfather to Maggie Simpson in the all-new "A Made Maggie" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Dec. 19 (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3303) (TV-PG D, L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

The synopses became more and more short and concrete.😅 Fox promo department doesn't even try for The Simpsons.

Also a question to @That Don Guy Is it exactly a Sunday with football boost on Fox? Because according to Futoncritic, NBC will have a game that day (scheduled on 8:20 PM)

--"THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

FAT TONY IS MAGGIE'S GODFATHER ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19, ON FOX

Fat Tony becomes Godfather to Maggie Simpson in the all-new "A Made Maggie" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Dec. 19 (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3303) (TV-PG D, L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders
This sounds like such a cute plot. I loved Fat Tony's team up with Ralph in Uncut Femmes and Chief Wiggum and him are always amazing together so I'm excited to see him with Maggie. I'm also interested to see who they choose for a godmother if one at all.

So, Rob Oliver joined Matthew Nastuk to the "obligator musical number in episode" directors club :) Anyway, that song was ok.
I'm also interested to see who they choose for a godmother if one at all.
I think Godfather means "join the mob" as it was said in iTunes description

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back