Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Homer

pineapple shoes
Administrator
s33.png

s33_information.png

Hello, and welcome to the Season 33 Information Thread, where we keep track of news and information about the 2021-2022 season of The Simpsons. Keep in mind this information can change at any time.

s33_updates.png

• 5/13: New title, "The Many Saints of Springfield"
s33_upcoming.png

To discuss episodes that have already aired, please check out our Rate & Review archive.

UABF14 - Poorhouse Rock - May 22, 2022
  • Written by Tim Long. (Michael Price)
  • Showrun by Matt Selman. (Michael Price)
  • Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich set to guest star. (Tim Long) (12/27)
  • Season finale; "there may be another big guest star in this one too!" (Tim Long) (2/19)
  • Directed by Jennifer Moeller. (Tim Long) (2/28)
  • Tim Long says it's a strange, musical episode partially inspired by an article in The Atlantic about how the middle-class lifestyle of The Simpsons is no longer realistic, where Bart finds out he can never have the job his dad had and it becomes a "weird, musical Fantasia." Hugh Jackman plays a janitor. (Dead Pilots Society podcast, 14:39) (2/28)
  • Official synopsis: After Bart humiliates him at church, Homer finally teaches his son to admire his dad - until a visit from a magical, singing janitor (Hugh Jackman) changes everything they thought they knew. (TheFutonCritic)

UABF16 - Habeus Tortoise
UABF17 - Not It
UABF18 - Treehouse of Horror XXXIII
UABF19 - One Angry Lisa
  • Showrun by Al Jean. (Al Jean)
  • Written by Jessica Conrad. (Al Jean)
  • Directed by Matthew Nastuk. (Al Jean)

UABF20 - The King of Nice
UABF21 - Love, Hacktually
UABF22 - Step Brother From The Same Planet
OABF01 - From Beer to Paternity
OABF02 - When Nelson Met Lisa
  • Showrun by Al Jean. (Al Jean)
  • Written by Ryan Koh and guest starring Simu Liu as Adult Hubert Wong. (Al Jean)
  • Directed by Steve Moore. (Al Jean)

OABF03 - Game Done Changed
OABF04 - Top Goon
OABF05 - My Life As A Vlog
OABF06 - The Many Saints of Springfield
s33_loose_ends.png

• The show has been renewed for seasons 33 & 34. (Fox Flash)
  • Matt Selman says they have 2 different episodes "where we time jump ahead to see the characters' unexpected futures" in the works, "sort of." (Matt Selman, Matt Selman) (Ed. note: presumably one of them was A Serious Flanders)
  • Broti Gupta is writing for the show. (Broti Gupta)
  • Al Jean is showrunning at least six episodes of production season 34. (Al Jean) [4/4]
  • Animator Bill Plympton is working on a new couch gag. (Al Jean) [4/9]
  • "While viewers probably won't hear again this season from Washington (who stars in the upcoming YA film The School for Good and Evil), the Simpsons writers are already plotting several return appearances in season 34. (The plan is for Ms. Peyton to pop up with the same frequency as Mrs. Krabappel.) 'Kerry is so busy, but we're very excited,' Omine says. She perks up at possibilities beyond Bart, hinting that Lisa may be a little envious of the education Bart will receive. 'Lisa's going to have an opinion, like, 'Why did Bart get the one good teacher?'' Omine says. "Also, [Rayshelle's] husband is part of the symphony orchestra, so there's that connection. We already can see where other little things can happen."(Entertainment Weekly)

Last edited:
s33_resources.png

Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter:

Please be courteous when contacting them!

s33_acknowledgments.png

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous threads updated with the latest information: 20thCenturyBox, 6F01, biffwestwood, Brad Lascelle, Blobulle, Bohdan, ComicBookGal, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, Matty, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, Rutherford, SimpsonArgentina, SimpsonsWillGoOnForever, simpsonsbart, Szyslak100, That Don Guy, Trab Pu Kcip, WeaselStomper, Wile E. the Brain, that guy who pesters everyone on Twitter (HomerFan1998), and everyone else who contributes over the next year!

Last edited:
s33_acknowledgments.png

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous threads updated with the latest information: 20thCenturyBox, 6F01, biffwestwood, Brad Lascelle, Blobulle, ComicBookGal, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, Matty, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, Rutherford, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, Szyslak100, That Don Guy, The B, WeaselStomper, Wile E. the Brain, that guy who pesters everyone on Twitter, and everyone else who contributes over the next year!

The season will be the Shrek-iest :lol: , namely hope for only good from the franchise:rolleyes: (good start of thread, btw)

Also, little notes to correct: 1) The B = me = Bohdan:D

2) several of these members weren't active for years (including S32 thread)

3) Megan Amram isn't in the show yet. She could be removed from that list and replaced by Rob Oliver (who joined Twitter in Oct'20)

4) John Kern's profile (muddyallen) isn't active

Last edited:
I like that Shrek font. Hopefully Season 33 will get off to a great start.

The season will be the Shrek-iest :lol: , namely hope for only good from the franchise:rolleyes: (good start of thread, btw)

Also, little notes to correct: 1) The B = me = Bohdan:D

2) several of these members weren't active for years (including S32 thread)

3) Megan Amram isn't in the show yet. She could be removed from that list and replaced by Rob Oliver (who joined Twitter in Oct'20)

4) John Kern's profile (muddyallen) isn't active

1) Done.

2) This is a collabritive list of NHCers who have contributed to the threads from recently, to years back. I'll try to add more, though it will be

3) I've added Rob Oliver on the list. However, even though shem might've left the show, I'll just keep Megan Arman on just in case if anyone objects to her removal.

4) As the account doesn't exist anymore, I've removed it off the list.

Last edited:
I like that Shrek font. Hopefully Season 33 will get off to a great start.

1) Done.

2) This is a collabritive list of NHCers who have contributed to the threads from recently, to years back. I'll try to add more, though it will be

3) I've added Rob Oliver on the list. However, even though shem might've left the show, I'll just keep Megan Arman on just in case if anyone objects to her removal.

4) As the account doesn't exist anymore, I've removed it off the list.

Could you add Maggie Roswell and Hank Azaria to the Simpsons Cast and Crew who are on Twitter?

Michael Price has seemingly left the show. Whether it's for good or temporary remains to be seen. We still have a final season of F is for Family in development. That commitment could be the reason.

But anyone who's seen The Last Barfighter ought to notice he wasn't in the opening credits. It's a first, after nearly 19 consecutive seasons.

EDIT: it's temporary. It was indeed the F is for Family schedule. He'll be back next year. And by next year, I mean this one. The upcoming production line.

Last edited:
can't wait for people to update this thread with "i asked al jean on twitter if episode UABBF28 contains a scene where homer screams at a turtle and he said he didn't know", and then provide a link to an already deleted tweet

What's up guys? I just figured out that The Longest Marge is actually the reference to the 2005 film which is The Longest Yard. No joke!

What's up guys? I just figured out that The Longest Marge is actually the reference to the 2005 film which is The Longest Yard. No joke!

Err...
The Longest Yard
The Longest Ride
The Longest Time
The Longest Johns
The Longest Line

There isn't any obviously in title pun here so far.:gatorshrug2:

Remember "Three dreams Denied" - the pun was opened just after episode story revealed.

UPD. Wait a minute... I discovered Justin's "source" in braces, [made by himself:D]

New season thread? You know what that means...

Here is the list of Season 33 NFL regular season nationwide (well, Eastern and Central time zone-wide, anyway) lead-ins (and possible overruns past 8:00 Eastern):
September 12 (okay, this is before Season 33 begins)
September 26
October 10
October 31 (although this should be World Series Game 5 night, and Fox usually schedules repeats just in case the World Series ends in 4 games)
November 7
November 21
November 28
December 19 (although this should be a repeat)
January 2
January 9

New season thread? You know what that means...

Here is the list of Season 33 NFL regular season nationwide (well, Eastern and Central time zone-wide, anyway) lead-ins (and possible overruns past 8:00 Eastern):
September 12 (okay, this is before Season 33 begins)
September 26
October 10
October 31 (although this should be World Series Game 5 night, and Fox usually schedules repeats just in case the World Series ends in 4 games)
November 7
November 21
November 28
December 19 (although this should be a repeat)
January 2
January 9

January 2 is 99% a repeat. If you still doubt, answer the question: has ever the new episode aired on that date?

Jan 2nd can also be considered as "New Year celebration countination" :beerbang: (back to the present, we're in May still)

January 2 is 99% a repeat. If you still doubt, answer the question: has ever the new episode aired on that date?

There has never been an episode on that date. The only thing that Wikisimpsons listed as released on that date is a Bart & Co comic (in the UK, so nothing in the USA at all)

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.jpghomer_simpson_s_socks_and_shoes_compilation_by_chrissalinas35_debodfs-fullview.jpgHomer Simpson Socks Episodes,Since Season 30.
Since Season 31,Homer socks has last seen on Screenless,I'm wondering when will Homer's socks on his cuff pants will reappear again on Season 33 & 34 because Season 32 was an absence like since Warrin Priests 1&2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
can't wait for people to update this thread with "i asked al jean on twitter if episode UABBF28 contains a scene where homer screams at a turtle and he said he didn't know", and then provide a link to an already deleted tweet

I hate to say this friz, but there WON'T be a UABF28, it's not gonna happen. Because there's only 16 more production episodes (not 22) left from the UABF production cycle that are yet to be revealed so far

Yeah, sarcasm happens to some people sometimes, no offense! And I'm sorry for being off-topic here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back