Season 33 Information Thread

Dark Homer

pineapple shoes
Staff member
s33.png

s33_information.png

Hello, and welcome to the Season 33 Information Thread, where we keep track of news and information about the 2021-2022 season of The Simpsons. Keep in mind this information can change at any time.

s33_updates.png

• 11/23: Director for "Treehouse of Horror XXXIII"
  • 11/16: Note on John Lithgow's upcoming appearance
  • 11/13: More details on upcoming short, "Marge the Meanie" is planned to be the season finale
  • 11/12: Guest star Michael Rapaport returning; Jean teases the next short
  • 11/11: "Bleeding Gums Murphy in The Sound of Music" is now "The Sound of Bleeding Gums," directed by Chris Clements; director for "The Longest Marge;" new title "The King of Nice"
s33_upcoming.png

To discuss episodes that have already aired, please check out our Rate & Review archive.

UABF02 - Mothers and Other Strangers - November 28, 2021
  • Written by Al Jean. (Al Jean)
  • Directed by Rob Oliver. (Al Jean)
  • Showrun by Al Jean. (Al Jean)
  • She Biscuit will return. (Al Jean)
  • In other fall episodes, "We explore the greatest tragedy Homer ever faces with guest star Rachel Bloom," Jean said. (Entertainment Weekly)
  • One upcoming episode will "explore Homer’s relationship with Grandpa, which Selman calls a 'great, emotional episode.'" (IGN)
  • Synopsis: Teenage Homer and Grampa go on a road trip to ease their sorrow. Guest Voice Cast: Glenn Close as Mona Simpson; Rachel Bloom as Therapist #3 (TheFutonCritic)

UABF03 - A Made Maggie - December 19, 2021 (Al Jean)
UABF04 - Pixelated And Afraid
UABF05 - The Longest Marge
UABF06 - Boyz N The Highlands
UABF07 - YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!
UABF08 - Bart the Cool Kid
UABF09 - Pretty Whittle Liar
UABF10 - The Sound of Bleeding Gums (Al Jean)
UABF11 - My Octopus and a Teacher
UABF12 - Girls Just Shauna Have Fun
UABF13 - Meat is Murder
UABF14 - Poorhouse Rock
UABF15 - Marge the Meanie
  • Written by Megan Amram. (Al Jean)
  • Currently planned to be the season finale. (Al Jean) (11/13)
  • Directed by Tim Bailey. (Al Jean) (11/13)

UABF16 - Habeus Tortoise
UABF17 - Not It
UABF18 - Treehouse of Horror XXXIII
UABF19 - One Angry Lisa
UABF20 - The King of Nice
s33_loose_ends.png

• The show has been renewed for seasons 33 & 34. (Fox Flash)
  • Al Jean is show-running at least 4 episodes for production season 33 (5 as of October). (Al Jean, Disney+)
  • Matt Selman says they have 2 different episodes "where we time jump ahead to see the characters' unexpected futures" in the works, "sort of." (Matt Selman, Matt Selman)
  • There's an episode where Burns and Marge share a storyline. (Michael Price)
  • Matt Selman asked Kerry Washington if she's available for a "big funny part" they wrote with her in mind. (Matt Selman)
  • Broti Gupta is writing for the show. (Broti Gupta)
  • From an official description of the season on YouTube and iTunes: Bart saves a goat from satanists; guest stars The Weeknd, John Lithgow, Beck Bennett. (iTunes Season 33 description)
  • Al Jean says there is an upcoming character who was born deaf, played by an appropriate actor. (The Simpsons on Twitter)
  • Al Jean: "Comedian Michael Rapaport did a character a couple years ago and he is so funny, so great that we brought him back and he's going to be a semi regular." (ShortList) (11/12)
  • Jean says the next Disney+ short, coming out before the end of the year, is "not English language." (Supanova) (11/12) "Next up, Jean teased that “The Simpsons” is working on a Spanish language-only short that won’t be for Disney Plus — but he won’t say much more beyond that: “The characters that appears with the Simpsons is Spanish language and all the dialogue is in Spanish. And all the signs are in Spanish, but I yeah, I can’t say too much.” (Variety) (11/13)
  • John Lithgow "has a big guest part in an episode coming later this season." (Michael Price) (11/16)

Last edited:

Dark Homer

pineapple shoes
Staff member
s33_resources.png

Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter:

Please be courteous when contacting them!

s33_acknowledgments.png

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous threads updated with the latest information: 20thCenturyBox, 6F01, biffwestwood, Brad Lascelle, Blobulle, Bohdan, ComicBookGal, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, Matty, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, Rutherford, SimpsonArgentina, SimpsonsWillGoOnForever, simpsonsbart, Szyslak100, That Don Guy, Trab Pu Kcip, WeaselStomper, Wile E. the Brain, that guy who pesters everyone on Twitter (HomerFan1998), and everyone else who contributes over the next year!

Last edited:

Bohdan

Stonecutter
s33_acknowledgments.png

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous threads updated with the latest information: 20thCenturyBox, 6F01, biffwestwood, Brad Lascelle, Blobulle, ComicBookGal, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, Matty, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, Rutherford, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, Szyslak100, That Don Guy, The B, WeaselStomper, Wile E. the Brain, that guy who pesters everyone on Twitter, and everyone else who contributes over the next year!

The season will be the Shrek-iest :lol: , namely hope for only good from the franchise:rolleyes: (good start of thread, btw)

Also, little notes to correct: 1) The B = me = Bohdan:D

2) several of these members weren't active for years (including S32 thread)

3) Megan Amram isn't in the show yet. She could be removed from that list and replaced by Rob Oliver (who joined Twitter in Oct'20)

4) John Kern's profile (muddyallen) isn't active

Last edited:

Trab Pu Kcip

What is this?
Staff member
I like that Shrek font. Hopefully Season 33 will get off to a great start.

The season will be the Shrek-iest :LOL: , namely hope for only good from the franchise:rolleyes: (good start of thread, btw)

Also, little notes to correct: 1) The B = me = Bohdan:D

2) several of these members weren't active for years (including S32 thread)

3) Megan Amram isn't in the show yet. She could be removed from that list and replaced by Rob Oliver (who joined Twitter in Oct'20)

4) John Kern's profile (muddyallen) isn't active

1) Done.

2) This is a collabritive list of NHCers who have contributed to the threads from recently, to years back. I'll try to add more, though it will be

3) I've added Rob Oliver on the list. However, even though shem might've left the show, I'll just keep Megan Arman on just in case if anyone objects to her removal.

4) As the account doesn't exist anymore, I've removed it off the list.

Last edited:
I like that Shrek font. Hopefully Season 33 will get off to a great start.

1) Done.

2) This is a collabritive list of NHCers who have contributed to the threads from recently, to years back. I'll try to add more, though it will be

3) I've added Rob Oliver on the list. However, even though shem might've left the show, I'll just keep Megan Arman on just in case if anyone objects to her removal.

4) As the account doesn't exist anymore, I've removed it off the list.

Could you add Maggie Roswell and Hank Azaria to the Simpsons Cast and Crew who are on Twitter?

jbauer

We're out of time.
Michael Price has seemingly left the show. Whether it's for good or temporary remains to be seen. We still have a final season of F is for Family in development. That commitment could be the reason.

But anyone who's seen The Last Barfighter ought to notice he wasn't in the opening credits. It's a first, after nearly 19 consecutive seasons.

EDIT: it's temporary. It was indeed the F is for Family schedule. He'll be back next year. And by next year, I mean this one. The upcoming production line.

Last edited:

friz

paranormal investigator
can't wait for people to update this thread with "i asked al jean on twitter if episode UABBF28 contains a scene where homer screams at a turtle and he said he didn't know", and then provide a link to an already deleted tweet

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
What's up guys? I just figured out that The Longest Marge is actually the reference to the 2005 film which is The Longest Yard. No joke!

Trab Pu Kcip

What is this?
Staff member
It's also a reference to the original 1974 film of the same name, however both can be accepted as title references.

Bohdan

Stonecutter
What's up guys? I just figured out that The Longest Marge is actually the reference to the 2005 film which is The Longest Yard. No joke!

Err...
The Longest Yard
The Longest Ride
The Longest Time
The Longest Johns
The Longest Line

There isn't any obviously in title pun here so far.:gatorshrug2:

Remember "Three dreams Denied" - the pun was opened just after episode story revealed.

UPD. Wait a minute... I discovered Justin's "source" in braces, [made by himself:D]

That Don Guy

Ooooo, floor pie
New season thread? You know what that means...

Here is the list of Season 33 NFL regular season nationwide (well, Eastern and Central time zone-wide, anyway) lead-ins (and possible overruns past 8:00 Eastern):
September 12 (okay, this is before Season 33 begins)
September 26
October 10
October 31 (although this should be World Series Game 5 night, and Fox usually schedules repeats just in case the World Series ends in 4 games)
November 7
November 21
November 28
December 19 (although this should be a repeat)
January 2
January 9

Bohdan

Stonecutter
New season thread? You know what that means...

Here is the list of Season 33 NFL regular season nationwide (well, Eastern and Central time zone-wide, anyway) lead-ins (and possible overruns past 8:00 Eastern):
September 12 (okay, this is before Season 33 begins)
September 26
October 10
October 31 (although this should be World Series Game 5 night, and Fox usually schedules repeats just in case the World Series ends in 4 games)
November 7
November 21
November 28
December 19 (although this should be a repeat)
January 2
January 9

January 2 is 99% a repeat. If you still doubt, answer the question: has ever the new episode aired on that date?

Jan 2nd can also be considered as "New Year celebration countination" :beerbang: (back to the present, we're in May still)

Trab Pu Kcip

What is this?
Staff member
January 2 is 99% a repeat. If you still doubt, answer the question: has ever the new episode aired on that date?

There has never been an episode on that date. The only thing that Wikisimpsons listed as released on that date is a Bart & Co comic (in the UK, so nothing in the USA at all)

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.jpghomer_simpson_s_socks_and_shoes_compilation_by_chrissalinas35_debodfs-fullview.jpgHomer Simpson Socks Episodes,Since Season 30.
Since Season 31,Homer socks has last seen on Screenless,I'm wondering when will Homer's socks on his cuff pants will reappear again on Season 33 & 34 because Season 32 was an absence like since Warrin Priests 1&2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
can't wait for people to update this thread with "i asked al jean on twitter if episode UABBF28 contains a scene where homer screams at a turtle and he said he didn't know", and then provide a link to an already deleted tweet

I hate to say this friz, but there WON'T be a UABF28, it's not gonna happen. Because there's only 16 more production episodes (not 22) left from the UABF production cycle that are yet to be revealed so far

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
Yeah, sarcasm happens to some people sometimes, no offense! And I'm sorry for being off-topic here