Season 29 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the new episodes pull in some pretty lousy ratings most of the time, the show still makes a lot of money through merchandising and the reruns on FXX (I remember hearing somewhere the ratings for older episode reruns on FXX are often better than the ratings for new episode premieres!)

I've come to terms with the fact that The Simpsons won't receive the meaningful build-up, conclusion and ending it so richly deserves. It'll enjoy a bit of a ratings bump when the inevitable axe falls due to cast death or some other reason where random episodes will spike in interest due to being "one of the last" from the show's initial run but we won't get to enjoy a season-long story arc or a culmination of storylines or anything special beyond a likely Spurlock interview doc and a live cast viewing party on the night the show bows out.

And I don't necessarily think the Simpsons gets pulled from Fox's lineup after that happens. They might just start re-working classic episodes with brand new HD animation using the old voice reels and release those in primetime for a bit to see if that draws an audience. If only to keep interest in the franchise rolling along until the eventual Disney-backed reboot takes flight with a new cast.

In other news, screengrabs from Homer Is Where the Art Isn't have popped up on Fox Flash...

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_1.png

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_2.png

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_3.png

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_4.png

The Simpsons episode "3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage" that was meant to be shown on March 11th has been postponed until March 25th so that FOX could show us "O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession"

"No Good Read Goes Unpunished" is currently off the schedule.

http://www.foxflash.com/fox/schedule/2018-W11?year=2018&month=3&day=11#sunday

That makes 8 weeks in a row in the middle of the season where there is no new episode.

Expect back to back new episodes and/or new episodes to air outside Sunday.

Last edited:
Expect back to back new episodes and/or new episodes to air outside Sunday.
Or, the other two options:

1. Only have a 21-episode season;

2. Do what Fox did with Bob's Burgers last year, and have the season finale in June.

I was going to say that Fox would probably air back-to-backs on May 20, but I just noticed that Ghosted has been replaced on Sundays with Brooklyn Nine-Nine (I am guessing Ghosted will air on Tuesdays with the final episodes of New Girl when it returns in April), and even if B99 airs a new episode each Sunday, it will only have 21 aired on 5/20, so my best guess at the moment is, 5/20 will be an hour of Bob's Burgers, an hour of The Simpsons, and an hour of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

While the new episodes pull in some pretty lousy ratings most of the time, the show still makes a lot of money through merchandising and the reruns on FXX (I remember hearing somewhere the ratings for older episode reruns on FXX are often better than the ratings for new episode premieres!)

If that is the case, they should seriously consider premiering the new episodes on FXX before they do on the FOX network, similar to the situation with Sesame Street since now new episodes of that are now shown on HBO first before they're shown on PBS.

So I was looking at the Fox schedule for this Sunday for this Sunday's Simpsons episode description, only to find out it's being pre-empted for an O.J. Simpson special. But Bob's Burgers gets to make its triumphant return.

WHAT THE FUCK??????????? WE'VE ALREADY GONE SEVERAL WEEKS WITHOUT A NEW EPISODE!

"Three Scenes Plus a Tag from a Marriage" is currently down to be shown in the UK on the 16th March.

I mean, I imagine that'll change, but it would be fun if we did get it first...

Here is the description for "Fears of a Clown"

SIMPSONS, THE
Air Date: Sunday, April 01, 2018
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-8:30 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: (SI-2908) "Fears of a Clown"
VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR SIMPSONS, THE
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

SUNDAY, APRIL 1

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Audio descriptions for tonight's episodes of BOB'S BURGERS, THE SIMPSONS, GHOSTED, FAMILY GUY and THE LAST MAN ON EARTH are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

"THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

BART TAKES A PRANK TOO FAR AND GIVES CLOWNS A BAD REPUTATION ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, APRIL 1, ON FOX

Jon Lovitz ("A League of Their Own") and Musicians Damian Kulash & Jimmy O. Yang ("OK Go") Make Special Guest-Voice Appearances

Bart goes to prankster rehab after a clown-mask prank terrifies the town and destroys Krusty's career. A tortured Krusty then tries his hand at serious drama with a regional theater company in the all-new "Fears of a Clown" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, April 1 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2908) (TV-PG D, L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse

Guest Voice Cast: Jon Lovitz as Llewellyn Sinclair; Damian Kulash as Himself; Tim Nordwind as Himself.

Chrismas episode!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="es"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheSimpsons</a> Season 30 show 2 <a href="https://t.co/rPCfMqtbQQ">pic.twitter.com/rPCfMqtbQQ</a></p>— Al Jean (@AlJean) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/971555660755214336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">8 de marzo de 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="es"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">yes</p>— Al Jean (@AlJean) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/971556937392275456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">8 de marzo de 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chrismas episode!
I have a feeling it is not a coincidence that " 'Tis the 30th Season" is fifteen years after " 'Tis the Fifteenth Season."

Also, "No Good Read Goes Unpunished" has been pushed back another week, although I have a feeling there is something in "Fears of a Clown" that references April Fool's Day and/or Easter, even if only in the opening. (You tell me, "They can't just change the episodes' openings why, exactly?")

I have a feeling it is not a coincidence that " 'Tis the 30th Season" is fifteen years after " 'Tis the Fifteenth Season."

Also, "No Good Read Goes Unpunished" has been pushed back another week, although I have a feeling there is something in "Fears of a Clown" that references April Fool's Day and/or Easter, even if only in the opening. (You tell me, "They can't just change the episodes' openings why, exactly?")

One thing I am wondering is if "'Tis the 30th Season" will be a follow up to "'Tis the Fifteenth Season"

Something else I wonder is the number in the title is not abbreviated in the older episode but is in the newer one. Is that supposed to mean something?

More aesthetically pleasing, perhaps? Or maybe after 30 years, they feel like taking a few shortcuts.

I've come to terms with the fact that The Simpsons won't receive the meaningful build-up, conclusion and ending it so richly deserves. It'll enjoy a bit of a ratings bump when the inevitable axe falls due to cast death or some other reason where random episodes will spike in interest due to being "one of the last" from the show's initial run but we won't get to enjoy a season-long story arc or a culmination of storylines or anything special beyond a likely Spurlock interview doc and a live cast viewing party on the night the show bows out.

And I don't necessarily think the Simpsons gets pulled from Fox's lineup after that happens. They might just start re-working classic episodes with brand new HD animation using the old voice reels and release those in primetime for a bit to see if that draws an audience. If only to keep interest in the franchise rolling along until the eventual Disney-backed reboot takes flight with a new cast.

In other news, screengrabs from Homer Is Where the Art Isn't have popped up on Fox Flash...

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_1.png

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_2.png

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_3.png

800px-Homer_Is_Where_the_Art_Isn%27t_promo_4.png

Is it just me or does something look slightly different about the art since Haw-Haw Land? Maybe it's because the promo shots look a lot more static. Or maybe I've been spoiled by the Rob Oliver episodes in the first half.

Promo shots are out for 3 Scenes Plus a Tag from a Marriage and Fears of a Clown...

3 Scenes Plus a Tag from a Marriage

800px-3_Scenes_Plus_a_Tag_from_a_Marriage_promo_1.png

800px-3_Scenes_Plus_a_Tag_from_a_Marriage_promo_2.png

800px-3_Scenes_Plus_a_Tag_from_a_Marriage_promo_3.png

800px-3_Scenes_Plus_a_Tag_from_a_Marriage_promo_4.png

800px-3_Scenes_Plus_a_Tag_from_a_Marriage_promo_5.png

Fears of a Clown

800px-Fears_of_a_Clown_promo_1.png

800px-Fears_of_a_Clown_promo_2.png

800px-Fears_of_a_Clown_promo_3.png

oh a rare moment where Krusty is without his makeup, I don't think we've seen that since, well I guess Krusty gets Busted, but I'm not sure Bart the Fink counts really

He was seen without makeup two other times. His bit part at the billiards room in "Dead Putting Society" and in "Like Father, Like Clown" because it washes off when he is walking home in the rain.

Those two and "Krusty gets Busted" are the only three I know of.

I believe in "Bart the Fink" that Krusty was wearing a second layer of makeup that was yellow colored the washes off much easier than his white makeup since when he was swimming we see a trail of yellow water that was formed from his face in the water.

second layer of makeup that was yellow colored the washes off much easier than his white makeup since when he was swimming we see a trail of yellow water that was formed from his face in the water.

Yep, and a fake yellow nose over his signature red nose. But even with that, Bart still instantly recognized "Rory B. Bellows" as Krusty at that very first glimpse he caught of him. (I suppose Bart still remembered seeing Krusty without his makeup in "Krusty Gets Busted.")

Krusty without his makeup, kinda cool to see that again.

"Prufreeeders on Stryke" is a nice background gag.

A play on words, I'd imagine, but an unpleasant double entendre to say the least.

Or, the other two options:

1. Only have a 21-episode season;

2. Do what Fox did with Bob's Burgers last year, and have the season finale in June.

Maybe they could also air a new episode in the summer for some kind of special occasion. "Blood Feud" aired in July 1991 as an "encore episode" to boost the second-season premiere of "Beverly Hills 90201." And then "Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?" and "Lard of the Dance" both aired as "summer originals" in the Augusts of 1992 and 1998, respectively, to boost series premieres (of "Martin" in 1992 and "That 70s Show" in 1998.)

Oh BTW, this is my 600th post here! :D

"Three Scenes Plus a Tag from a Marriage" is currently down to be shown in the UK on the 16th March.

I mean, I imagine that'll change, but it would be fun if we did get it first...

So, schedules have been updated today, and Sky (the UK Simpsons broadcaster) are still claiming they're going to premiere this episode on Friday. This could be interesting...

So, schedules have been updated today, and Sky (the UK Simpsons broadcaster) are still claiming they're going to premiere this episode on Friday. This could be interesting...
If it does, I don't think it would be the first time it happened; I vaguely recall at least one early season episode airing in Canada before it aired in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back