Season 26 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=156]Matty[/MENTION], you also ignored my post about how Peeping Mom is airing on April 19th.

Unless that didn't go through?

Actually, I added that at the same time as the Puffless info, which I have now added the writer to. Thanks :thumbsup:

“Has anybody ever said ‘No, thank you’ to being on The Simpsons?” wonders a giggling Cat Deeley. “Maybe Saddam Hussein turned around and said ‘No.’ Like, if you were a terrible dictator, you might not want to open that Pandora’s box.”
Thankfully, the Emmy-nominated host of So You Think You Can Dance had no such reservations, and thus will make her animated debut on Fox’s long-running comedy on Sunday, March 15 (8/7c).
Deeley says when she received an email from the show’s producers with an attached image of her cartoon self, she opened it with “a little trepidation,” but the fear quickly gave way to excitement. “I’ve got to get a cel or a copy of the drawing at some point,” she says. “It’s definitely going to be hung in my bathroom or somewhere like that.”
Deeley’s Simpsons gig finds her hosting a reality-competition series to find the next beer-swilling, donut-gobbling “Duffman” — an opportunity that, it turns out, Homer simply can’t resist. “I host the show with typical enthusiasm — but slightly fewer dance moves than usual,” previews Deeley, who is filming SYTYCD Season 12 auditions this weekend in Memphis and in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 15th.
“I have to keep going ‘Oh, yeah!’ to get the audience super-enthused,” Deeley continues, adding that her favorite line involves her pleading for one final “Oh, yeah!” — and the kicker that “they’re my two favorite words — apart from ‘Seacrest passed.'”
BAE8Ypl.png

6mjPN6P.png

I'm loving these promos. The first two had me in stitches and while the third video wasn't as funny, it still got at least a chuckle out of me. With that said I think this could be the Selman episode that we've been waiting for.

The first and third clips were awful. Haha, all Christians are stupid and intolerant. Haha, Bart and Lisa mention weird/inane things they do to prove their maturity. The second one was pretty good, liked Wiggum's enthusiasm and how he accidentally breaks the prisoners out.

Hair down is just beautiful for woman, while the beehive is..... well more silly rather than good looking. I like how she's looking in this episode.

The first and third clips were awful. Haha, all Christians are stupid and intolerant. Haha, Bart and Lisa mention weird/inane things they do to prove their maturity. The second one was pretty good, liked Wiggum's enthusiasm and how he accidentally breaks the prisoners out.
I'm probably more sensitive to Simpsons' religious-poking than most, but I didn't find anything wrong with that first clip. It was just an example of worrying taken to the extreme in a silly way, rather than showing Springfield's pious being particularly stupid.

I liked the first and second clip; the third kinda had the usual predictable "jokey" writing I'm not a fan of.

Really liking the look of "Sky Police" based on those clips. "Atheist Strip Club" is one of those jokes that's just the right amount of stupid IMO.

why is it that Marge looks better with her hair down somehow?

I've always thought she looked better with her hair down tbh. Probably because it looks a lot more natural than her giant iconic beehive.

actually decent clips and i really do like the idea of this episode.

Is this pretty much what we're expecting the rest of the season to look like?:

8 March - Sky Police (TABF09)
15 March - Waiting for Duffman (TABF10)
[a few weeks without new episodes]
19 April - Peeping Mom (TABF11)
26 April - The Kids Are All Fight (TABF12)
3 May - Let's Go Fly a Coot (TABF13)
10-May - Bull-E (TABF15)
17 May - Mathlete's Feat (TABF16) (season finale)

You're correct! Al Jean believes "The Kids Are All Fight" will air on April 26th. https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/574331235851354112

I wish we had a plot for the kids are all fight already, I mean the good news is it's a flashback episode so I'll definately DVR it

I'm guessing that "The Kids are All Fight" will be the episode that Maude Flanders and Grandma Flanders will appear since it might be a sequel of sorts to "Lisa's First Word". After all, we know the clown bed will return in this episode.

This isn't limited to Sunday nights on Fox; the next five episodes of Gotham on Monday nights (assuming no pre-emptions) will be repeats as well, and it looks like the same thing is happening with New Girl.

According to The Futon Critic, both The Simpsons and Family Guy are repeats on 3/22 and 3/29, and with 4/5 being Easter, I would expect repeats that night too, which means at least 3 weeks of repeats in a row for both of these shows. Additionally, New Girl has 3 weeks in a row of repeats this month. Is March a "repeat month" for Fox?

It looks like Season 26 will be another 22-episode season, with (once again) 7 holdover episodes. But this means we WILL have a season 27! The first two scripts of the 27th production cycle should be ready for table reads by now.

Dutch press is saying Carice van Houten (Game of Thrones) will be playing a 15 year old girl in an episode airing on May 3rd

Oh dear lord. I bet the girl is related to Milhouse. And Milhouse gets jealous, so we have the reverse of Bart's Friend Falls in Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back