Scheduled NHC Downtime for Significant Upgrade: May 27th through June 1st

violent jase

i stab people
getting rid of noiseland was probably a good thing due to its lack of activity but i don't get why people are so happy about it. it barely took up any space on the main page and didn't interfere with anything else on the board

Magnum

Postmodern Maggie's Magnum
hahaha my current song you're listening to thread is finally dead after 6 years

edit: n/m still there

kevin

hi
tumblr_lgvu7tUM2O1qabbg0o1_500.gif

Dr. Fishopolis

Junior Camper
Eh, I don't like it that much but it's not such a drastic change that I don't hate it *unlike YouTube*

josh

施氏食獅史
obviously this board is comparable to youtube comments or something

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
it would also be cool if the Last Movie You Watched thread was put into the archives or something

i'm not going to discourage game threads here. simply ignore them as you would any other topic that you have no interest in posting in.

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
haha. yea well i would feel bad closing a thread that's been active since freakin early 2004

violent jase

i stab people
i like that thread. i know its pretty useless when there's last.fm and such, but still i like looking at what others are listening to and it usually gives me ideas of stuff to download

hughes

Skeletor rising
personally, i think the thread could be used to foster some actual discussion about certain songs/artists that otherwise wouldn't get their own thread. i'll start trying to actually post relevant thoughts about the song i'm listening to, instead of just posting the song

and more to the point, it's not like it's doing any actual harm, anyway

jal90

fan fatale of Takena Nagao
So then again I leave for a couple weeks and everything's messed up.

Great job as always, guess it's how things should be developed. I don't care about the Noiseland shit, though it would be nice and all to have the Last Movie You Watched thread somewhere... bah.

Can you make now the SUPER Forum public? I'm afraid this trend will start to be annoying, I mean, don't have anything against it if you want Off Topic to be private, but don't see the reasons to do that with this forum too.

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
Can you make now the SUPER Forum public? I'm afraid this trend will start to be annoying, I mean, don't have anything against it if you want Off Topic to be private, but don't see the reasons to do that with this forum too.

because private thread titles in off topic would then be viewable to the public. at the moment this update limits us from selecting what usergroups (i.e. not logged in, registered members, mods) can and can't see in this forum.

morbot

Do Not Touch
When browsing through the Super Forum... is there a way we could further distinguish which forum the thread is in to make it a little more clear?

Not sure what the mod supports... but perhaps some mild background color tinting (separate color for each forum)... or the "new posts/no new posts" graphics could be customized (film reel, game controller, etc) depending on the forum of origin... or the addition of a small graphic icon next to the new post indicator?

Again, not sure it's possible with the mod but I think it'd be neat and a little more visible than the current method which requires all that reading.

hughes

Skeletor rising
one thing I've noticed is that sticky threads from other forums aren't showing up in either the Super Forum or the main Simpsons forum page (for example, pictures of you isn't in the super forum). Was this intentional?

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
shit that's a bug.

good eyes, thanks

edit: i had to ask the creator of this mod to see if it's possible to display sticky threads. i unstuck the "pics of you" thread in OT for now.

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
also i have no idea how many of you use twitter, but all new public threads created here (meaning outside of super forum/off topic) should now be automatically linked to on our account:

http://twitter.com/thenohomersclub

also i changed the background over there to hank scorpio with a flamethrower :headbang:

mobile nhc browsing is decent right now, but it'll be really awesome on an iphone/android probably within a few weeks.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper

Internet, eh?
Not a fan. It means the general discussion of Simpsons, is cluttered with R & R threads and fan fiction. I think it's an unnecessary change, much like the previous nhc change last year.

But it's your board, do whatever ya like.

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
Not a fan. It means the general discussion of Simpsons, is cluttered with R & R threads and fan fiction. I think it's an unnecessary change, much like the previous nhc change last year.

just like off topic here, i'm probably going to split the simpsons master forum & general discussion. i assume that's what most people would prefer to see

Jakebert

super karate monkey death car
all i have to say is that i've been using the new superforum since it debuted, and i like it. good work!

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
jimbo has three days to check it out or i'm booting him from the super forum

1154614184Sand%20Time.jpg