Scheduled NHC Downtime for Significant Upgrade: May 27th through June 1st

Number One

Administrator
Administrator
in this thread we announce anything changed or added at nohomers

starting today this MASTER FORUM displays not only all new OT posts & threads but the majority of all new posts & threads made on all forums. in regards to the topics not displayed here, we are excluding threads from our few private forums (so they won't be viewable to all members), and the simpsons forums due to its level of activity. however, the simpsons forum is now also a "master forum" displaying topics from each of its sub-sections.

by doing this we can please those people who prefer an unorganized but quick way to view new posts & threads here as well as those who enjoy the organized sections of music, film & tv, sports, etc. that we currently have. we realize that many members have been missing out on topics in other forums that they don't frequently visit.

however, when posting a new topic you should still place it in its appropriate section here at the nhc. otherwise, like always, the moderators here will move it to its rightful place.

lastly, as mentioned in another thread, we're aware of the painfully slow search engine here & the slow-at-times board, so we're hoping to tweak it next weekend in an effort to speed up everything.

thanks guys.. continue boarding hard. and if you've left us for another forum lately, come back you bastards we miss you. :(

love, team nhc

this is great but i'd like to request a button that sends you directly back to the super forum when you go to a subforum thread, instead of having to click back to the main page

This is pretty awesome. Now I only have to view two sections to get everything I want. Much easier to navigate. Nice work!

this is great but i'd like to request a button that sends you directly back to the super forum when you go to a subforum thread, instead of having to click back to the main page

heh i was actually planning on re-adding the old "go" button this afternoon that should sorta accomplish that.

and no i was actually drinking, you gotta drink when you code & do these updates.

also please remove noiseland

there's a thread in the moderator forum devoted to that. ;)

uh check out the "Go" button under quick reply and let me know if that's what you were talking about.

edit: bleh there's a bug with the go link, working on it.

i really don't like this at all. i don't want to see nor do i care about easily 50% of these threads. it was a lot easier to navigate what i wanted and didn't. it looks cluttered and hurts my small brain.

yeah this helps a lot. everything that would come up when i hit new posts now comes up in the superforum so it'll save a good amount of time

there really needs to be a regular miscellaneous forum that can be separate from the master forum, like everything else, so that all the regular OT weird and social crap won't get bumped off the first page in like three hours.

i would think you guys would eventually add anyway, without my gripes :gatorshrug:

but other than that this looks alright

Last edited:
Yeah seriously this needs a regular miscellaneous section. If people are happy that's cool I guess, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. Sorry to sound like a demanding ungrateful prick, maybe I'll warm to it and come to like this method but it just feels like a terrible idea to me.

What Postmaster said. I totally understand why this was done and can see the positives behind it, but the ability to view the old-style misc forum would be greatly appreciated.

edit: thanks eric

there, now no more bitching. except about the existence of noiseland, feel free to continue bashing it

so what happens if you start a thread clicking the "post new thread" button at the top of the super forum? does it just create a thread that only appears in this section?

also i wouldn't mind noiseland being here if it was just the game threads but there's "last shit you took" +1 threads that are going to be in here.

if you start a thread here it will automatically go into the moderation queue and we'll decide what to do with it.

slight problem:

everytime you click on a thread to the super forum, the top links only direct you back to that exact forum. usually it's merely a click of the button back away, but of course there's browsing and posting that will complicate things, making you have to go through the main forum to access the super forum again. not sure if there's a way to fix it. (probably not)

otherwise, I approve greatly. :Pac-man:

i will make a "super forum" button within the next couple days, right next to the re-added "go" button below threads. we missed you, go button.

noiseland arcade is being removed & its like, uh, four active threads merged in with the other forums.

chatbox removed. when we chat again, seeing it will be optional and it'll be a much better system.

ok there's now a "back to the super forum" button at the bottom of every thread in the quick navigation area.

unfortunately that's probably as close as i'm gonna come to what you want, ryan

noiseland is gone? the board is now perfect.

the threads in the super forum seem to always be marked as read for me. is this meant to happen?

i'm probably not gonna use this new super forum much since you added a separate off topic section, but props for getting rid of noiseland

any chance of fishing the deadpool out of the burnt remains of noiseland or is that not possible?

it would also be cool if the Last Movie You Watched thread was put into the archives or something

Back