Scenes they cut out

TheSimpsonsFreak

Wang Computers employe
You know, scenes that were shown the first time the episode was shown, and probably a few times after, then cut out. Some of the scenes are the funniest part of an episode

From The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson:

- the scene where Lisa talks to the bum on the subway.
- the scene with Wadlow (the very tall man) on the bus

they cut of the scene of day of the jackanapes where smiters says Maggie shot Mr. Burns....again

Damn sydication cuts!!!! They suck!!! I hate them!! But what else can I do about it? Anyway also in NY vs Homer they cut the part of him moaning while peeing by like 80%!!

everything you have mentioned were still in all the episodes i have seen. but there are still a lot of episodes but the 'Super Simpsons Saturday' on foxtel has no syndication cuts because it doesn't matter if they run overtime.

so i will, when my job application goes through, get fox with fox8 on my tv (my parents wouldn't get it for me so they get nothing)
hoo-ray

04062002195527.jpg

They cut out this part in THOH 4. It never showed Homer seeing the slide sign when they were going down to kill Mr. Burns. That was damn near the funniest part of that skit, too. That sucked!

dinner_dog said:
everything you have mentioned were still in all the episodes i have seen. but there are still a lot of episodes but the 'Super Simpsons Saturday' on foxtel has no syndication cuts because it doesn't matter if they run overtime.

That's because in America, almost every episode shown after it's original run and put in the re-run circuit has a cut or two or three taken out of it to make room for more commercials. :mad: Everywhere else gets the full, uncut episode in it's entirety. The worst example of cuts is "Rosebud". :mad:

Otto's Scene in "Homerpalooza" has been cut out...

Jimbo: Man, that guy's guitar is talking.
Otto: Hey, my shoes are talking too!
Left Shoe: Don't worry. We won't hurt you.
Right Shoe: We only want to have some fun.

In "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" when Bob is moving the A-Bomb in the Wheelbarrow it tips over. They cut this scene out.

In "Lisa the Vegetarian" they cut out Marge from the "You don't win friends with salad" conga line and her saying "I don't mean to take sides, I just got caught up in the rhythm."

There are so many....

I remember the cuts applied to some episodes were actually the best parts. For instance:

5F19 "When You Dish Upon a Star" - "The snapping turtles are massing!"
8F16 "Bart the Lover" - "We all pull a few boners now and then, go off half-cocked and make asses of ourselves."
1F01 "Rosebud" - "Wouldn't you rather play with this box?"
9F22 "Cape Feare" - three rakes out of ten cut
BABF14 "Days of Wine and D'oh-ses" - "Well, I play Jerry 'Fireball' Mudflap..."
1F18 "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song" - "Ey, Salvatore, give-a the ugly kid a plate of the red-a crap-a!"
3F19 "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish" - "Stop yer snickerin', I spent 3 years on that terlet!"
3F21 "Homerpalooza" - "You jive me, turkey, ya gotta sass it, don't jive me, turkey! A turkey is a bad person."
5F11 "Das Bus" - "Hello, CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet, Junior VP Homer speaking...it's Patty."
3F13 "Lisa the Iconoclast" - "Note to self: steal his idea."

And so many more...

I hate watching the re-runs. I have taped episodes from original airdates of Seasons 3 and 4 mostly, among others that are uncut, and I'm glad. But thats not enough. I guess I'm just out of luck when it comes to all the scenes that I will never see, oh well. OK I'll shut up...but its true!

I sometimes curse myself for being so young as to not have seen the show during the classic era on original airdates, because the syndication cuts sound so FUNNY!

Skittlebrau is 100% on the $ with "Rosbud." My favorite part cut out has to be the TV show Homer is watchinng,

"Smithers, I'm home."

"Already, sir?"

"Yes."

Hmm, this show's not so bad. Lookout, Smithers!

GOLD. Killed so I can be reminded that Temptation Island II is on. What a shame.

here in the UK they have the cut-outs when shown on sky, but when they air on the BBC they show the whole episode as adverts are not shown on this channel. yay

Hungry Hungry Homer: The entire mayor of Alb scene at the end with the Dallas Cowboys and FORE I AM THE MAYOR OF ALBEQUIRKEE. they also cut out about half of homer running in happiness and glory. They cut so much of that, it pisses me off.

Skittlebrau said:
Everywhere else gets the full, uncut episode in it's entirety.
Incorrect, my good man. Australia gets butchered episodes, too, some even more so. When I was living there I noticed that just about every gag that could be taken as remotely sacreligious was excised, the most annoying of which was when Bart was asking Homer about what his religion was, and Homer replies "The one with all those well-meaning rules that don't work out in real life...uh, Christianity". In Australia, the "uh, Christianity" got cut. All the drug refs in Homerpalooza were snipped as well (which is strange for a network which later that year showed "Showgirls" uncut during primetime).

~gil

Wavy Gravy said:
8F16 "Bart the Lover" - "We all pull a few boners now and then, go off half-cocked and make asses of ourselves."

This part was left in where I live.

Watching the Season 1 DVD for the first time, I saw the funeral daydream from "Bart the General". That has to be the funniest part of the entire episode! The commentary at that moment was pretty cool too.

Every time a thread like this gets started I have to post this song:

From snpp.com

The Syndicators Can
(Sung to the tune of "The Garbageman Can" from 5F09)
[First posted: July 10th, 1999]

Who can cut your jokes out?
Hack them up like so
Rearrange commercial breaks regardless of the flow
The syndicators?
Yes, the syndicators can

The syndicators can, and they do before you ever see the first-run show

Who replaces couch gags?
Thrives on greedy tricks?
Only repeat shows made after 1996? *
The syndicators?
Yes, the syndicators can

The back-end daytime slots
Are home to quite a lot
Of time-compression and re-edits
They split in half the ending credits
And foreigners can just forget it!

Who can?
Who can?
Who can?
Who can?

The syndicators can
'Cause the network says they can
They'll treat your shows ... like ... craaap!!!

[* An alternate to these lines:

Who replaced this couch gag
With one very old?
Who can fade to black before the punchline has been told?]

In "Worst Episode Ever" they cut out the part where CBG thanks Homer for ratting out Bart and Milhouse trying to get back into the store and hands him a fin for the tip. I will never understand why they would cut it out, it was pretty funny. Another thing about that episode, the thought of CBG and Agnes together, although only a cartoon, was quite disturbing. Loved when he called her "Oldie" Hawn though.

One that pissed my off was in "A Tale of Two Springfields" they cut out the joke right after gets mauled by the badger.

Lisa: How did he cut you without ripping your shirt?

Homer: What am I? A tailor?

Back