RIP Roger Ebert

That's really sad to hear. I often had some disagreements with his ideas, but nonetheless he was a great critic. RIP.

What? What? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? This is so fucking SAD :(:(:(:(
Just days ago I was reading reviews of him :(.Whenever I research a Movie on Wikipedia I click "Critical Reception" and tap "Ctrl + F" in the keyboard and I type "Roger Ebert" :(
The World fucking sucks....this news has saddened me so much :(:(:(:(
R.I.P Roger Ebert :(

This is downright tragic. Ebert was a legend to cinematic critique, and I feel he deserved to live several years more. Hopefully, he's now in a better place, finally reunited with his long-time companion Gene Siskel.

Sad, sad news. RIP Roger 'Mayor' Ebert.

About ten years ago or so I don't think I even knew about him (I'm not american and I don't think he was that well known over here), but I did find myself at least somewhat agreeing with his opinions on certain movies when reading them online (like on the Wikipedia articles); he usually wasn't as harsh and conservative as many of the others and he seemed like a really nice guy, too.

RIP Roger Ebert! :(

He actually inspired me to become a critic at some point (I'm still considering it) so this news is quite devastating! :(

RIP Roger Ebert.

An appropriate song

he will be extremely missed. he may not have been active besides his website for a while now, but he still wrote great reviews. i honestly can't believe he's gone... planning on a siskel and ebert marathon now.

I can't believe it. He was my go-to guy for film reviews; not to mention his show with Siskel was great. I honestly thought he had a few more years left in him, but at least he's up there with Gene now, away from all the crappy movies he's had to put up with for the last 70 years.

R.I.P Roger, you'll be missed. :violin:

Man...I had a horrible day.Lots of annoyances happened to me today...was pissed off all day long....but this takes the cake.I open NHC and after an hour or so I see a thread called "RIP Roger Ebert"....as I clicked on the thread I couldn't believe my eyes what I was seeing...and I saw that he is indeed dead.I feel so empty....and this just happened 2 days before my Birthday...nice Birthday Gift God

I didn't see all of his reviews...but I watched some Siskel and Ebert Videos in youtube and they were really enjoyable.And I read some reviews of his in his site.Just 3-4 days ago(I think) I was reading some reviews of his...one of them being the review of Titan A.E where he was one of the few critics who actually gave it a good grade.

This is so Sad

Is it weird that I keep refreshing Facebook to see Doug Walker's eventual post about him? Honestly it's the one person's reaction I'm anticipating the most, although I have to imagine he'll make a video of some sorts.

yeah a lot of people are posting links to him in his feed. i don't know why but that seems odd... i know he made a tribue video but man.

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. RIP

Heh, just thought of something, they should totally put their thumbs through the holes in Jesus' hands.

Not totally surprised, for those that don't know he had his lower jaw removed a few years back and was unable to speak. Vey sad news indeed RIP. :(

Back