Votes: 28 16.0%
  • 3/5 average

Votes: 53 30.3%
  • 4/5 good

Votes: 56 32.0%
  • 5/5 outstanding

Votes: 28 16.0%

• Total voters
I've already seen the episode and it hasn't aired yet here. Matty Jorrissen alerted me to a copy earlier. Very good ep.

It was a pretty funny episode. Snake didn't really play a good part. And, Chief Wiggum and the whole computer thing was just plain stupid. quote: Burns-"There is no muscle stronger than the human heart" Homer-Ya, didn't some guy lifted a paint can with his weiner"(it went something like that). 4/5.

Best of the season so far - many laughs, good enough story, but the way Gloria fell back in love with Snake seemed like a cop-out to me. They should've made a few more Smithers jokes, and the plot could have been a tad less wacky, but overall very good episode. Homer's "weiner" line was awkward though. But I like how this season hasn't had any weird or crappy endings to episodes yet.

I Wrote Down Good Parts

I think it started off well and then went nowhere fast.
All my favorite parts were at the first and middle.

Homer citing new fortune cookie slogans:
Your store is being robbed, Apu.

Burns: It's one of those nude female fire stations.

The parking job in the street.

Marge: "It wasn't meant to be" about Maggie and a Cactus.

Burns has a magnifying glass and an oxygen mask under his suit.

MY FAVORITE PART TO BE SURE
is when Marge says I hope the kids didn't hear us
and it shows Bart, then Lisa, then Flanders.
LMAO

Then ending just kind of went nowhere with bad gags.
It kept it from 4 or 5 range. I give it a 3/5.

Well, I was glad the story moved beyond the fortune cookie parts of the first act (as I thought that was worst part of the episode), but I'm glad it quickly became much better as the show went on. The best jokes were the "Pistol Whip" thought-balloon, and the ending was also funny.

Overall: B. (8/10)

Here's the season so far:

THoH XII: B+
Parent Rap: D
Homer the Moe: B
Hunka, Hunka...B

Jake

Nothing spectacular although it was good to see Snake and Cletus again, and Homer found his hidden talent as a fortune cookie writer(you will be aroused by a shampoo commercial was hillarious!). Julia-Louis Dreyeus did a pretty good guest voice. This would have been a good episode, but I foresaw Gloria getting back with Snake since Snake first appeared in the episode. Grade- C+

A really, fun, funny, light, breezy show. I had low expectations, but it turned out to be great. Everything was so refreshing, funny, and well-written. Burns was fabulously written, given his usual Swartzwelder flair, with outdated language ("motorcoach") and a sinister edge. The entire thing went so quickly, with so many good jokes and a well-developed caper plot, why shouldn't it? Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, who I'm glad to see on the show, as there are no more "Seinfeld" episodes being produced, didn't have a great role, but I enjoyed her. This was for Burns to star. The fortune-cookie idea was fabulous, so was the Woody Allen appearance and the Chinatown. Best episode so far this season!

I can't imagine anyone giving this episode anything in the D-F range, because there was nothing to actually HATE. Here's my detailed review as usual:

www.thespringfieldshopper.com/reviewcabf18.htm

Also, King of the Hill was also very good tonight. I'm disliked Malcolm in the Middle a lot more this year.

Best Episode of the Season. I haven't laughed this much at a Simpson's episode since Season 11's "Behind the Laughter." Its good to see another Mr. Burns episode and its good to see The Simpsons use a guest star in a meaningful way, unlike REM in Homer the Moe.

Anyway, here is my review of Season 13 so far:

THoH XII: C+
Parent Rap: B
Homer the Moe: B
Hunka, Hunka Burns: A-

Man, I loved this one! I can't remember the last time I have laughed so hard. The writers keep coming up with killer lines for Homer.
My fav or the episode:

"Stop that dog, he has my gum"

aaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahahahahaha!

And the foot massage line was awesome as well. I really liked the character interaction, and for some reason the animation looked really good tonight...especially the walk into the sunset at the end.

LOVED IT! 5/5

Steve

p.s. to those who say that the simpsons have lost something, how can you say that after an episode like tonight?

Eh, it was alright

I just wish they'd stop using montages for EVERY episode where bonding of some sort takes place. Why not ONE good satrical scene effectively conveying the state of the relationship? Other than that, pretty good.

i meen the ending is why i gave it a 3.

thoh12-4/5
parentrap-3/5
homerthemoe-3/5
hunkahunkaburnsinlove-3/5

Overall I thought it was a pretty funny episode; I was nearly choking with laughter when the strippers were dancing around Smithers, heh that was classic. And the ending wasn't too wacky or unbelievable either, which is always good. 4/5

I thought it was a decent episode. It had some funny moments. I especially liked the foot massage line.
The only thing I didnt like was the whole aphrodisiac thing. I mean, they already did that. I know I'm being picky. And I didnt like the whole "sex scene". Just the thought of kids hearing their parents have sex is just disturbing.

But overall, the plot wasnt too wacky, and the ending was pretty good.
There could have been more laugh out loud moments though. So I give it a 7.8/10

The sex scene kind of disturbed me too, but the reactions of Bart, Lisa, and Flanders were hilarious (note that Maggie's reaction was conspicuously absent, as that would have made it a little too disturbing, I think). Julia Louis-Dreyfuss was okay, but she didn't really contribute a lot to the episode. She didn't have much real personality beyond her tendency to get hooked on creepy men. She was just kind of there to move the story along. Still funny, though, even if I wanted Burns to be a little more evil (he was evil, but it was whimsical evil, not fear-inducing buzzard evil like the Monty of old).

It wasn't bad. I really disliked the chinatown part of the episode (I thought asians were white...but that's beside the point). The plot development was ok, but there was no wit in the script. No clever dialogue, so while it showed promise, it was also slow. The ending was...well...honest. Still needs more intellectual humor. 3/5

I laughed so hard at the three best parts:

1) "I hope the kids didn't hear us"

2) "One time I saw a guy on T.V. lift a can of paint with his weiner"

3) (smithers surrounded by dancers) "AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss didn't do a dang thing for this episode... I'm confused, because wasn't she a COP??? :shocked:

They never followed up on that...

A few good laughs here and there, but otherwise a wasted episode. Is it just me or is the animation getting more and more campy? Remember the episode that started out mocking Saturday morning cartoons (with Bart and Santa's Little Helper)? The animation is really starting to look that goofy. I don't like where this is heading.

1/5 :(

Back