Rate/Review "We're on the Road to D'ohwhere" (HABF04)

How would you rate HABF04?

• Total voters

Channel Surfer

Stonecutter
After Bart steals the key for the school's steam tunnels and triggers and explosion that destroys Principal Skinner's car, Marge and Homer send him to a "behavior modification camp." Homer is forced to cancel his much-anticipated trip to Las Vegas in order to drive Bart to the camp, but on the way there, Homer decides it's a great time to bond with Bart.

Preview/Speculation Thread

Thread will open at 8:30/7:30C.

What a great episode!

One of the best episodes since 1998, i'm not joking, I laughed quite a bit especially Homer destroying Groening's house, I laughed alot. Great episode LOVED it!!!

10/10

Oh wow, I'm gonna have to give this a perferct 5/5! I loved everything about this episode.

"I’ll kill you and bury you in a shallow grave—then I’ll dig you up and kill you again! That’s the beauty of a shallow grave!"

I really enjoyed this episode, and I love the way the ended it.

Loved the Matt Groening jokes. Hehe, Homer destroyed the cabin he was born in. I also liked the ending with Lisa and Maggie being the only ones left.

The first classic episode in many years. That was quite possibly the funniest ending to an episode ever. I loved it. This episode is the first A in years.

4/5. Great episode, but the Flanders/Tecnicolor raincoat soundtrack went too long. This, and TGWSTL, are the best this season so far.

Personal favorite: Homer's destruction of the birthplace of Matt Groening.

Edit: also loved the homage to Bonanza couch gag.

Man, this is my favorite ep this season. Definitely an A+ episode. Every part was funny, even the Flanders singing stuff. Nancy Kruse did a great job with the direction, Bart taking the form of fountain water was beautiful, and shows off her skill. The destruction of the school was also fun to watch, especially the steam shooting out of the pipes. Skinner's outdated car and phone made me laugh as well. 4.5/5

I was a little put off by the unresolved ending, but it's way better than having some cheap quick fix.

the Homer and Bart plot was nice to see as the A plot. although there were several jokes that were inexplicably neverending, it was pretty funny also. 4/5

Quite a fun episode with only minor complaints to be made. A couple of sequences ran a little long (let me get the "that was such a stupid Family Guy style joke!" out of the way about the Flanders joke so you don't have to)The ending was also just fine by me, even though I'm expecting the complaints. Inconclusive loose endings do work for the sake of comedy sometimes. Direction was mostly enjoyable too. Seems like the loose vs. tight animation styles have reversed in this production run (loose for the even-numbered eps, tight for the odd-numbered ones) as evident from the 4 we've seen so far.

Anyways, 4/5 more thoughts later.

it had alot of funny one-liners, but the story sucked. i have no clue what the hell i just watched??????

I have no clue what to think of this episode. I really liked both the plots. Some jokes went on for too long, and that time could have been better used resolving the Marge subplot which was really good idea, and was pretty interesting. There were some really funny moments. I thought there was some really good jokes, and the animation was solid. I think I'll five the episode a B, but it will probably change when I see it more often.

Wow, that was great! Hilarious gags, awesome animation, great plot & subplot, and I loved the "Hey, Nelson laughed at something funny!" line. Fantastic episode.
5/5

edit: By the way, does anyone knows who did the "Doris Grau-like" impression for Skinner's secretary? I just saw the normal voice cast in the credits

Terrible.
There were a few moments I grinned at, but otherwise, I hated the story.

What was with that ending? Homer and marge in jail, Bart missing, and Lisa going to find work in the morning. Is it suppose to be a two parter or will it revert back to normal next time?

1/5

what was up with moe's voice.... it was insanely far off for the first part of the bar scene

I can't name anything about this episode I didn't like, and I there was, I sure as hell can't remember what.

My one concern was that since Homer had already been to Las Vegas, they were probably gonna bring up his second marriage. Thankfully, they put that mistake behind them.

They've even put a lot of the minor jokes under moderation. A few good jokes are better than many weak ones.

Needless to say, The Fun Homer was yet another meta-reference of what we've come to expect of Homer Simpson.

Great, fun episode. And another excellent outing from Kevin Curran.

5/5

The show started off good with a great Bonanza Parody Couch Gag. Was this the first time different music has gone through the creator and developer credits?

The first act was okay. I can't think of anything that completely failed. I felt that the direction was particularly good with the zoom out from the airport to Moe's. I don't know what happened to the whole thing with exploding Skinner's new car. They introduced it but it never exploded. Was this the introduction of Myra? It seemed like someone was trying to pretend to be Doris Grau.

In the second act, I liked the fight between the different Homer's inside his brain. I also liked the Mount Rushmore sign. I also enjoyed Homer and Bart making fun of the other father and son. The whole thing with Flanders singing Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat seemed really forced and was very unfunny. I liked the Salvation Army joke.

The lengthy scene with Bart pushing Homer's car back and forth also did not work. I did not think that Bart would actually want to risk Homer's life. It just didn't work at all. I liked the birthplace of Matt Groening joke and also the whole Vegas fantasy.

I loved the whole thing about the reference to the 1940s actress.

I loved the ending. Overall the episode was very good. It was really funny. There was just a few lengthy scenes that didn't seem to work very well. However, any episode has a few things that one person not might like. I'm going to put them aside and give it a 4/5.

Last edited:
mrjeffy321 said:
Terrible.
There were a few moments I grinned at, but otherwise, I hated the story.

What was with that ending? Homer and marge in jail, Bart missing, and Lisa going to find work in the morning. Is it suppose to be a two parter or will it revert back to normal next time?

1/5

*smacks you in the back of the head*
You sad fool.

sidd said:
what was up with moe's voice.... it was insanely far off for the first part of the bar scene
I thought it was just me, but someone else noticed it too.

One of the best episodes in a very long time, I only gave it a 4/5 because I want better. I didn’t see skinners car get destroyed. Just the school and that was very funny. I love seeing the frogs fight back. The entire episode was very funny I liked how Moe got that money because the rope broke. And when Carol said ‘well I guess Homer cant go, and Nelson saw something funny.’ I liked how the comic book guy bought the Mr. Plow Jacket.

Come on people with a season this good, I don’t see a reason why they can’t keep them coming for another 8 years.

5/5 Loved it The full theme song was nice to hear.Does anybody know what the couch gag was parodying. I see we have a new character an assistant called Mira. Also there was another Moe attempted suicide joke which I didn't mind. An appearance of the comptroller Atkins was made. Carl- "aw it sounds like Homer can't come" Ha-Ha "and Nelson saw something funny" I thought that line was funny. Love the Oregon/Birthplace of Matt Groening jokes. And let us all mourn the loss of intellectual Homer.

It had a lot of pretty funny lines and moments, I thought that whole scene with Homer on the edge of the cliff, The mean waitress, "They were eating melon for breakfast" and the beginning with Skinner being blown away by the steam explosion were hilarious. I didn't like Ned's joke, I think it was supposed to get funnier as it went along, but it just felt weird. For some reason it had the same "stuff happens" feeling that a lot of other episodes this season have. It could have been funnier, but I think they tried with the jokes and not as much with the plot. I did also really like the ending though, felt like something out of season 6. And the voice acting is different, they're not bad to listen to, but I think a lot of these voices are changing too much. 3.5/5, B-

I really liked it, probably my favourite of the season so far. The Matt Groening joke was great as was Homer driving around the highway in circles.

Mira said:
and the beginning with Skinner being blown away by the steam explosion were hilarious.

Haha yes that was great.

it seemed like the entire episode was really running way too short, there were wy too many jokes that just went on for way too long

I gave this episode a 4/5. Some funny stuff, but the story seemed rushed (like always). I really enjoyed the Marge/Lisa story. And there was OUTSTANDING animation. Good first act!

Last edited:
5/5

classic..best in this millenium!!!
i dont know what you people watched who hated it
i loved the matt groening gags...and loved the ending

Back