Rate & Review: "Treehouse of Horror XXXII" (QABF16)

How would you rate this episode?

• Total voters

Brad Lascelle

A Fixture in Online Simpsons Fandom Since '93
Global Moderator
KcggJr8.png

Season 33, Episode 3
Original Airdate
: October 10, 2021
Writer: John Frink
Director: Matthew Faughnan
Showrunner: Al Jean
Synopsis: In the segment “Bong Joon Ho’s ‘This Side of Parasite,'” the Simpsons live in a squalid basement apartment, but aim to change their circumstances after Bart is hired as a tutor by wealthy superstar Rainier Wolfcastle.

Other segments in this latest “Treehouse of Horror” include a twist on Disney’s “Bambi” — just, well, a lot more gruesome. Meanwhile, in “Nightmare on Elm Tree,” trees take their revenge on the citizens of Springfield. Keep an eye out for “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Little Shop of Horrors” and “The Wizard of Oz” references — as well as an actual guest voice from basketball player Tree Rollins.

In “Poetic Interlude,” a Vincent Price-style voice reads the children’s book “The Telltale Bart,” while Edward Gorey-style animation illustrates the tale. And in a parody of “The Ring,” the Springfield Elementary kids discover that anyone who watches a TikTok video will die in seven days. Lisa hatches a plan to stop TikTok from killing viewers.

Previous R&R
Next R&R

R&R Poll Average Score: 2.05 / 5 (as of September 24, 2022 / 40 votes)
IMDB User Rating: 6.7 / 10

Last edited:
Heh, the "Bambi" parody opening was probably my favorite part! I also loved Maurice LaMarche's performance as Vincent Price in the Poetic Interlude.
The first story started out lame, but got a bit more interesting when the other Springfield residents showed up. The "Nightmare on Elm Tree" story was also pretty amusing, and the "Dead Ringer" segment was OK. Still not too memorable....
It was also interesting how the end credits were displayed in a bloody red color for a change, instead of the usual green. But the Gracie Films logo is still unchanged, with the traditional female scream and synthesizer music.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Barti opening.
I enjoyed Faughnan's direction.
Two of the full segments wound up better than I was expecting... but then my expectations were subterranean heading into this.

This will make a strong case for the most forgettable Treehouse of Horror when all is said and done. Some are remembered fondly. Some are infamous. We'll be struggling to remember much of anything from this one beyond tonight.

Hopefully Homerfan and co. enjoy all of the credit puns.

My suggestion for next year... go for 12+ segments.

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem that this TOH has and others in the past few years have had is that there just too forgettable. Besides the Bart Bambi opening which wasn't much of a revenge like the title of the segment suggested, there wasn't anything too memorable. The tree one, the parasite one, and the weird tiktok one were just massive killings of memorable characters, and that was basically it.

These last few THOHs have tried to compensate for not being genuinely spooky like the earlier seasons by just ramping up the gore. I guess that’s better than having no horror aspects at all like so many before these, though.

Bambi “segment” reminded me of the turkey segment in Thanksgiving of Horror, but this was much shorter and much less interesting.

I liked seeing Greta in the first “real” segment, and I was hoping to see her through more of it. But the Wolfcastles left right after that. It was a fairly underwhelming segment; the climax was just a big fight. Kurt returning and exposing the basement was a slightly interesting twist, but there really wasn’t anything noteworthy here. 2/5

Tree segment was a bit of a mix between Attack of the 50-Foot Eyesores and Night of the Dolphin, with really nothing original added into it. I did like the callback to the kids telling scary stories in the treehouse, though. Then it was just more random violence and blood. 2/5 again.

The “segment” after this one was just…massive filler. Bart pulled lots of pranks. There was a lot of pointless stuff in this episode, but this was definitely the worst offender.

Finally, we got “Dead Ringer.” This was the best segment of the episode. The segment’s use of TikTok is actually decent and not outdated, and the segment itself is decently creepy and funny. My favorite joke of the episode was probably the steroids on the kickball field. I do wish it had ended in a bit more creepy of a manner; unlike the other segments, which just ended in massive numbers of deaths and mutilations, this one just had Mary throw herself down the well. I thought something interesting and creepy would happen after she emerged from the TV, but they seemed to go for the funny aspect instead and have Lisa try to befriend her instead. It was in character for Lisa, though, so I’ll give the writers credit for that. I’ll give this segment a low 4/5.

With two underwhelming “full” segments and two utterly pointless filler segments, I’m only giving this a 2/5, saved by the decent final segment.

This will make a strong case for the most forgettable Treehouse of Horror when all is said and done. Some are remembered fondly. Some are infamous. We'll be struggling to remember much of anything from this one beyond tonight.
Yes, that's a main problem with the HD "Treehouse of Horror" episodes. They aren't very memorable, in most cases. All I'll largely remember of this one later on will be the "Bambi" spoof intro and the Poetic Interlude. And with the latter it's largely due to Maurice LaMarche doing his spot-on Vincent Price impression, like when he also voiced Professor Ratigan on Disney's "House of Mouse" and Vincent Van Ghoul in some newer Scooby-Doo stuff.

"Oh look, we got somebody who played a version of a Disney princess* to do the lame song parody, haha (except not really)!" Might have more to say tomorrow after I let this one sink in but I wanted to get that one out of the way first.

EDIT: Also pretty ballsy of them to make the claim that the tree segment was the "Good" one.

*Susan Egan was the original actress to portray Belle in the Broadway adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.

Halloween Credits:
Created by BAT GROENING
Developed by JAMES L. "I REFUSE TO SCARE YOU ANY FURTHER THAN YOU ARE" BROOKS / BAT GROENING / SAM SIMON

Executive Producer MATT WE DO IN THE SELMANS
Executive Producer FRINKZILLA
Co-Executive Producer J. SHORT BTC
Co-Executive Producer GOLEM H. GOLEM
Co-Executive Producer THE BOOK OF LADEADNIK
Co-Executive Producer BRIAN KILL-Y
Co-Executive Producer Dan Veb-BOO!
Co-Executive Producer PSY-KOH IV: THE BEGINNING
Co-Executive Producer SENATE MINORITY LEADER CHRISTINE F. NANGLE
Supervising Producer ELISABLOOD KIERNAN AVERWITCH
Consulting Producer WHO WAS THAT MASKED DAN?
Consulting Producer DARBY O'GREANEY
Consulting Producer THE CASK OF TIMLONGTILLADO
Consulting Producer CAROLYNSIDIOUS OMINE
Producers TOMB GAMMILL / AXED PROSS
Producer MIKE "HE GONE!" SCULLY
Producer DAVID MIRKINVISION
Producer HELLREISSER
Consulting Producer DROOLY SILVERMAN
Supervising Director MIKE BRAiiiiiiANS ANDERSON
Produced by REMOTELY RAVING RAYNIS
Produced by LA FORMIDABLE SIRKOT
Produced by STOKLEY SAKAI
Written by THE RETURN OF FRINKZILLA
Directed by THE MYSTERIOUS MATTHEW FAUGHNAN

Executive Producer THAT'S AL, JEAN!
Executive Producers JAMES L. "I REFUSE TO SCARE YOU ANY FURTHER THAN YOU ARE" BROOKS / BAT GROENING / SAM SIMON
Starring DAN'S MACABRE
COVID KAVNER
NOTHING NORMAL ABOUT NEFARIOUS, NOCTURNAL, NIGHTMARISH, NYMPHO-NECROMANCY-NANCY!
CHEF BOY-YEARDLEEEE
HANGED AZARIA
and HARRY (I'M VAXXING YOU) SHEARER
Special Guest Voice SUSAN EEK!-GAN
Special Guest Voice MAURICE "THE FUNK OF 40,000 VOICES" LAMARCHE
Special Guest Voice TREE ROLLINS
Also Starring HAY DEN OF HORRORS
Also Starring TRESSHOUSE MacHORROR
Also Starring ALEX - DON'T LOOK NOW BUT HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU - DESERT / CHRIS THE WALKING DEADGERLY / GRAVE BELIAL-COFFIN / K M ARGGHHHH / "THE MAGGIE VARIANT" ROSWELL
Producer TRIGGERED K. CHUNG
Producer HOWLIN' HENRY
Co-Producer GLENDA THE GOOD WITCH OF SOUTH CENTRAL
Animation Producer TOM ORROW NEVER KNOWS
Executive Story Editor JESSIKILL GONE-BAD
Executive Story Editor CESAR MAZARIEG-G-G-GHOST!!!
Story Editor LON OF THE DEAD SCISSORHANDS
Associate Producers FEL-EAT YA BRAINSKY & YA SKELETON / BRIAN J. KAUFMAN
Animation Co-Producers PETER'S GRAVE / MANIACAL MAYHEM
Animation Associate Producers Nikki "100% THAT WITCH" Isordia / KIP LYCANTHROPE / R.I.P. TOTMAN
Theme by CLAMMY HEAD-ON-A-SHELFMAN
Score by BLEEDING FINGERS MUSIC
Score Producers LOOK NO HANDS ZIMMER & RUSTY COFFIN NAIL
Score Exec-Produced by STEVEN SHOCKSKY
Casting by THE DARK SIDE OF THE MULLER
Casting Associate PSYCH-NICK SIX
Original Casting by BONNIE DARKO
Editors Caroline Och Louise / "DELTA DON" BARROZO
Production Coordinator JESSE THE KILLER
Dialogue Sound Editor NORMAN "BATES" MACLEOD
Contrapuntal Cleavage by DISMAL CHEERS
Sound Effects Editor TRAVIS SPECIAL POWERS
Re-Recording Mixers "MARK OF THE WOLF" LINDEN / TARA-DACTYL
Production Mixer DREARY DAVE BENT' A FORK!
Sound Recordist SHREDDING MONSTER STROIS
ADR Engineer ENGINEER OF FEAR RAUTIAINEN
Score Supervisor CHRIS "STEPHEN" KING
Supervising Composer DRAKARA TALVE
Music Scoring Mixer Johann von Witt Amadeus Chopin
Crypt Supervisor BOO-EEKZ JAFFE
Production Accountant SORT OF ACCOUNTING
Assistant to Mr. Brooks "RE-LISA" THE HOUNDS WALDER
Assistant to Mr. Groening MACABRE DISCO
Assistant to Mr. Jean JOE STABBY
Assistant to Mr. Selman GHOULIET BOOGEYMAN
Assistant to the Producers NICK DAHALLOWEEN NAME / DEAD KENNEDY / ALEXORCIST II: THE ASYMPTOMATIC / DANIELLE SLICED HER / THE WEN-WOLF OF SPRINGFIELD / EMMA FRIGHT
Creative Consultant BAT GROENING
Executive Creative Consultant JAMES L. "I REFUSE TO SCARE YOU ANY FURTHER THAN YOU ARE" BROOKS

Last edited:
Once again, a THOH where Lisa doesn't die. I bet people will love that. Only laugh I got was from Chipotle. 2/5 Next time please do longer segments so they're more memorable.

Once again, a THOH where Lisa doesn't die. I bet people will love that. Only laugh I got was from Chipotle. 2/5 Next time please do longer segments so they're more memorable.
I actually thought she would've died in the Parasite segment when Krusty told everyone to kill her, but instead, they just threw books at her because to the writers Lisa is a god and must be treated like so.

Last edited:
I haven't watched, probably won't watch, so maybe it's changed but didn't she get decapitated? Like just in a story-in-a-story but pretty sure she got her head lopped off.

• Eek
Reactions: Sam
@Venomrabbit, No, but she was momentarily strangled in the last segment which stood out for me since I recall them mentioning in one commentary about how they once tried to do a scene with Homer strangling her only for it to get a horrified reaction from the crew.

So they changed the Telltale Bart bit?

(also, just guessing, Shauna doesn't die at all)

@Venomrabbit, Although not shown it's implied she does at the end of the first segment as Homer, Marge and Maggie (and I'm assuming Bart & Lisa though they're not in the last shot) are the only ones shown alive.

I missed that segment, had to feed the cats. But she notably was not killed in parasite or ring despite Moe and the ghost girl initially wanting to kill her.

I actually thought the Bambi and Bart segments were really well done.

However, the rest was typical latter-day Treehouse of Horror fare. Shame.

The last segment was the only one where I felt like they were actually trying, and even then it abruptly ended on a lame note.

Bartbi - meh.. I enjoyed the Apocalyptica parody in the thanksgiving episode a lot more 2/5

The Parasite parody - was a little by the number, not as offensive as the Stranger Things one a few years back .. 2/5

Nightmare on Elm Tree - This one was a little boring, I also though the ending was lame 2/5

Telltale Bart - I enjoyed that one for what it was, just a short segment with fun rhyming 3/5

The Ringer - Probably the strongest of the "classic" THOH formulas, 3/5

Overall it wasn't as bad as some of the other recent THOHs but like many have mentioned, this is a forgettable one

2.5/5 rounded down

THOH XXXII

BAMBI – Reenactment of the scene where bambis mother dies, milhouse thumper gets blown to bits, twist is homer kills mr burns hunter. Disney esque animation kind of nice. Not sure why this idea was chosen to start/cap the episode.

PARASITE – Simpson family works as housekeepers for rainer wolfcastle (but then mr burns is shown at the end in the same house?) Turns out the Van Houton family was living downstairs, minute long bit about the rich and poor family classes both being parasites, trying to make an overexplained joke about the theme in parasite but without actually saying anything substantive/funny. then all the springfielders kill each other.

NIGHTMARE ON ELM TREE – The treehouse coming to life I like as a segment idea. Better than another straight film “parody”. Homer tries to cut down barts tree, tree comes to life, makes other trees come to life while making a bunch of tree references to other tree characters in media, then the springfielders are all killed in a bloody battle Again.

TELLTALE BART – Didn’t they already show this? This is the 3rd (?) time they’ve used the Dark Stanley artstyle. Poem about Bart being a dick and killing his family for no reason, then Maggie kills Maurice Lamarche narrator. A minute and a half “show is too short” piece, but aired before the 3rd segment. Odd.

DEAD RINGER – Why do characters heads just fall off getting hit from anything in these recent THOH’s? I wanna say that started with that segment where barts head gets sewn on lisa. A tik tok video kills anyone who watches it in 7 days, its The Ring but modern. Kids say Tik Tok one too many times, minute long scene of abe watching the ring video and making quips, willie exposits the school had a well she died in, then lisa summons ring girl so she can Choo Choo Choose her and be friends, then annoys her back into the well. Credits.

1/5

The opening scene was the best and that's not saying much.

"The Parosite Parody" segment, so they were squatting in the basement?

"Nightmare on Elm Tree" segment was reminding me of "Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores, Night of the Dolphin and The Grand Pumpkin".

"The Ringer" segment sucked just like the movie. Wasn't there another TTOH segment in the past where the character killed them self just so she didn't have to be friends with Lisa?

What the hell happened to Bart? In two segments he was there in the beginning and he just disappeared.

1/5

Parasite: What. Did they forget it was Rainier's house half way through? Why was Burns the villain at the end?

Elm Tree: A story would have been nice.

Dead Ringer: Best segment of the episode

What a let-down. 2/5.

Certainly not terrible, but like recent THOH's..struggles with time. This one sits above 18,22,24,26,27,29 & 30 imo. 3/5

Possibly the most boring Treehouse of Horror episode of all time, I just stared at my TV blankly for 30 minutes. This episode was obviously trying to be funny I noticed a lot of "jokes" but none of them landed even slightly. Barti was your standard by the numbers Disney parody, the herbivore joke was particularly mindless. Parasite was probably the worst of them all. The utter lack of effort in it is astounding; the fact that they totally retconned Wolfcastle owning the house at the end of the segment is completely insane; how can one possibly fuck up that bad. The whole segment was just them trying to cash in on a popular movie and had nothing interesting to add. Nightmare on Elm Tree just felt like a worse version of Night of the Dolphins and Attack of the 50-Foot Eyesores, it wasn't offensively bad and probably the best segment of the episode. The Telltale Bart just feels like a YouTube short tagged on to the episode for time. Dead Ringer is a mindless parody that showcases how little the writers know about modern shit, do they really think TikTok videos are that long? You'd think they'd actually do at least minimal research if they were gonna do a TikTok segment, but I guess not. This episode was a boring, jokeless, and painfully effortless affair. 1/5

Last edited:
So here we are at the annual 'Treehouse of Horror'. With the HD era having been very on & off regarding the quality of the Halloween episodes, with only some being any good and the rest either bad or supremely bland & dull, I didn't have very high hopes for this one and I'll right away say that yes, my lofty expectations were met accordingly. This was not one of the better modern 'Treehouses' but really quite bland, kinda boring, uninspired & unfunny, yet all without being bottom of the barrel horrible. It's just another flat 'Treehouse' (the opposite of last year's (2020) which felt more inspired, lively and fun) and there's not really much to say about it.

'Bambi' (surprised they didn't go with 'Bartbi' or 'Bart-mbi', considering Bart had the title role) was the opening (well, technically a segment as they say such, but I rarely count the pre-credits scene as a segment as they are so brief and often just a build up to the title) and it was really meh. There was not much to it other than the expected dark Disney parody (with the mock song about the dark content of many Disney movies, which was very lame and too obvious with the lyrics) with the typical violence (but bloodless compared to 'A-Gobble-ypto' in 'Thanksgiving Of Horror) and it wasn't really funny. I guess I'll give it a compliment for the neat, expressive Disney style animation, the twist not being what I expected and the lame "stag party" pun gave me a slight chuckle, but that's about it.

'This Side of Parasite' was the parody of 'Parasite' and while I haven't seen the movie yet, I understood it. Decent spoof premise with the Simpsons becoming tutors for a rich family to be "parasites" but it was overall bland, unfunny and a mess. The twist with Kirk & his family and the discussion on what "parasite" really means was alright, but then it got messy with everyone turning out to being squatting in the basement, begin to kill each other and rich people (what was Burns & Smithers doing in the Wolfcastle home?) until only the Simpsons are left alive (but Bart & Lisa have both disappeared). I liked seeing Rainier & Greta Wolfcastle again (and the first appearance of the mother?), the Itchy & Scratchy bit was pointless but okay, Bart slamming Homer for losing his breath running down stairs and the former's ensuing fall was funny & I enjoyed the subversion of "Lisa's speech solves all", but I didn't care for it at all.

'Nightmare On Elm Tree' might just be one of the most uninspired segments in a while. I liked the opening with Bart reading Milhouse, Lisa & Maggie a scary story in the treehouse (neatwith a callback to the first TOH episode) but then when it heads on to Homer being fed up with the tree and start chopping it down, cue magic and the tree turning alive, it heads into reused territory, with the rampage through town, making other trees come alive & they all fight the townspeople for domain. It really was like a combination of 'Attack of The 50 Ft. Eyesores' (stationary objects coming alive), 'Night Of The Dolphin' (creatures turning on mankind and humanity losing. There's even Kent Brockman being killed on air!) & with a dash of the first segment of 'The Futurama Holiday Spectacular'. The jokes were mostly lame, but there were some okay ones (even though pretty much all were kinda lame) but it was all still too familiar and rehashed.

Then there was the 'Interlude' with Vincent Price and to Maggie he reads a story of Bart whose pranks and deeds turn all the more serious and it was, well, just there. it sure wasn't funny, interesting nor memorable, but I did quite like the stylistic gothic art style (felt kinda Tim Burton-ish) and I thought Maurice LaMarche did a nice impression of the late Vincent Price (he pretty much got the voice down) & Maggie killing him in the end (stranging him with the speak-and-spell) was a little amusing, though yeah, this really was disposable and could have been cut completely in favor of expanding another segment). It really was a big bunch of nothing.

'Dead Ringer', the final segment of this overstuffed 'Treehouse', was also its (technical) best and an okay little short story, not only being a fairly obvious parody of The Ring/Ringu horror movies, but also a spoof on the TikTok app & its popularity among children with Bart and Lisa finding out classmates are dying after they've used the app. The story was told somewhat well, had some nice visuals, decent jokes (like a terrified Chief Wiggum hiding Ralph's bed) & also a nice creep factor (balanced well with humor) & an okay end (Lisa confronting the ghost/zombie girl and becoming her friend, until the girl get tired of her and jumps back down the well, which was nicely minimalistic as opposted to the uninspired, dull violence prior in the episode), but it was still forgettable, had plot holes and the ending got dragged out with a reprise of the horrid Disney spoof, but still alright (I guess). Best part was the villain's backstory.

So overall, what we have here is another weak modern 'Treehouse Of Horror' to throw on the pile. It did have some good premises and opportunity to go good with a few of the premises but it all sunk down into some really bland, ill paced and generic stuff that either felt underwritten, uninspired or both (also having a lot of random nonsense & horrid continuity errors as if the writer just forgot about things or made them up on the spot), even when the segments looked decently promising. It wasn't anything that bad, just dull, fairly unfunny and forgettable for the most part, but at least it was well directed with some really neat and expressive animation, the four... sorry, five segment approach was not as terrible as I thought & ended well with a relatively strong segment that could have belonged in one of the better 'Treehouses' of the HD era, I think, but it wasn't enough to help it out in the end. This was seriously weak.

This episode screams 2/5 (almost like a banshee, if you will. It is October and Halloween month after all). Not quite as bad as it could have been and with some good or decent moments, but it was not even mediocre so definitely what I'd call weak and disappointing and unfortunately, it being almost absurdly forgettable, cookie cutter and often boring (and those continuity errors like Burns suddenly owning Rainier's house were so sloppy) and not even the spoof on modern technology (TikTok) was any good, really, so this one will hold up very poorly. I wish I was watching last year's 'Treehouse Of Horror' instead as that one at least felt inspired and was well constructed with nice pacing and enthusiasm. This felt assembly line produced with a bunch of ill-executed ideas.

Last edited:
That Nightmare on Treehouse segment could have been great if it had an entire act break to develop and wasn't just a parade of tree gags. Makes you really appreciate Night of the Living Dolphin all the more in terms of how that story builds. It's a shame too because the design of the Treehouse monster was really well done and felt like the premise could have been quite memorable to look back on down the road.

That said, the Tree Rollins joke was so stupid, it made me laugh.

Bambi: Basically just the turkey segment from Thanksgiving of Horror all over again except shorter and not as gory. Unpopular opinion: I actually prefer this because that one fed into what 95% of Thanksgiving of Horror was which was "Let's see how much pointless mascaraing and bloodshed we can force down your throat in seven minutes!". The song parody was as subtle as Loki morphing into Mickey and it felt like the only "Joke" was that someone who played a version of Belle (as mentioned earlier) is the one singing these very on-the-nose and unfunny lyrics.

This Side of Parasite: Basically just another segment along the lines of the ones within recent years where all they are are just a Shallow Parody of whatever they're referencing. I will say though this segment had the one thing that came close to an actual laugh from me which was Homer falling down the stairs, but at best the most it got out of me was a smile.

Nightmare on Elm Tree: I've already forgotten everything that's happened in it besides the self-referential moment (which again, major balls they have to claim that this segment was the "Good" one and the others were crap... Well, OK they were half right) so it's the worst by default.

Poetic Interlude: About as "Good" as the just as similar time wasting segment from The D'oh-cial Network. Translation: No good at all! Oh, and thanks for reminding me of a way better episode that I could've spent my time watching instead of this (Bart the Lover).

Dead Ringer: This reminded me a bit of BFF R.I.P. from 2016 where it was the only segment that year that actually had a decent idea going for it. And thankfully, this time they decided to actually to have it more than just that as this was the only segment where it felt like they actually tried and it turned out mostly OK. That said, it suffers from an abrupt ending and a pointless callback to the aforementioned lame Disney parody song.

Quick aside: Just like last year, Grey Griffin as Sherri(?) sounded more like Lola Loud than herself.

Looking back, I don't think that last year's THoH was really all that good either outside of Into the Homerverse (unpopular opinion) despite it just being a weaker Send in the Clones, but I'm still undecided as to whether this year's was better or worse. At the very least, it's better than 2018 & 2019 which both had nothing to offer as well as 2016's where the best it could do was have one decent idea that they did nothing with while also managing to fail as both a THoH and as the 600th episode! 2017's still remains the last THoH as of late to actually be decent.

2/5

Hopefully Homerfan and co. enjoy all of the credit puns.
You want to know something Mr. Lascelle? I did enjoy all the credit puns for THOH XXXII, as much as I enjoyed THOH XXXII last night. I didn't understand why the text of the ending credits are red rather than green. But oh well, better luck next year I suppose?

Last edited:
@John95, I also thought Grey Griffin did a lot better as Sherri & Terri this time and I hope she'll keep this tone (or improve, if possible).

That said, while I don't think last year's 'Treehouse Of Horror XXXI' was great, it most certainly was pretty good and much better than this one much since the writer there (Julia Prescott) at least put effort into it tried to write consistent segments and while not all of them worked out great, it was still an enjoyable one as a whole, parodies and all. I still think an episode like 'Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII' (season 29) was better, but it (XXXI) was for sure above this bland, uninspired, forgettable & questionably written piece (aside from the final segment where I could sense some effort and consistency in there).

Back