Rate & Review: "The Wandering Juvie" (FABF11)

How would you rate tonight's episode?

• 5/5: Better than a date with Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Votes: 75 26.4%
  • 4/5: Best episode involving a Simpson and the law .. this season.

Votes: 116 40.8%
  • 3/5: "M-e-h, meh."

Votes: 64 22.5%
  • 2/5: I can't wait to see "The Regina Monologues" again!

Votes: 22 7.7%
  • 1/5: [i]Oliver Beane[/i] is a tough act to follow.

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

Cole

where is everyone
From SNPP
Sarah Michelle Gellar guest voices as a girl in Juvenile Hall who helps Bart plan a breakout.
Eh, not the most descriptive preview available, but I'll stick with the theme of using SNPP previews. You can learn more about this episode in the preview/speculation thread. You can also look forward to the repeat of everyone's favorite Season 15 episode "The Regina Monologues" at 8:30 (7:30 c).

As usual, the poll and thread will open once the episode airs.

I must give my lowest rating of the season for this episode. 3/5

The writing was simply terrible. This is the episode where I have finally realized that the quality of the show is going downhill. Bart should have been a bit tougher in the pen. The only valid reason for the average rating is due to the use of Mr. Napier.

Last edited:
what a very good episode, felt like a season 8 plot, and there were only one or two bad jokes, plus it was nice to see a guest star play someone besides themselves

5/5

It was decent. Modestly funny (they lost a lot of potential laughs by not including Jimbo, Dolph, Kearney, or Nelson as fellow inmates of Bart's), but it was edited poorly and certainly the least interesting of all the "Bart love interest" episodes thus far. 6/10, B-

Another good middle-of-the-road episode. Not really exciting with a lot of good humor, and not really painful to watch. I like that Charles Napier's warden came back; I'm really liking that character. Judge Harm was somewhat funny. And Gina? Well, I'd wished they would have delved into her life a bit more if they're going to tell us she doesn't have a family. It kinda ended too quickly for that to happen.

So just like most of season 15, it's pretty much down the middle without anything that really pissed me off.

I loved the episode. I thought it was completely character-driven with some nice balance between humor and emotion. I've read some terrible reactions at other boards already, which shocks me, but I personally thought it was wonderful and I hope I don't get negatively swayed by others somehow.

The whole wedding thing was pretty funny. Then again, most first segments are the best this season.

This show could have been so much better given the premise. 3/5 from me, but oh what could have been....

Glad that "The Regina Monologues" is on now, one of the best episodes this season!

Here's my breakdown;

Pre-Gina Part of the Episode: Really funny. Great humour, the pacing was good. Watching Bart struggle in prison was worth some laughs. I don't really know what could have made this much better. A/A-

Post-Gina (After the escape): It went downhill. Not really as funny, and it seemed a little more rushed. Gina was a problem- her character didn't seem as well developed as it could (or rather should) have been. The ending was just weird- I know the idea was to pull everything together in an upbeat way, but the Simpsons 'Family Dinner in Jail' thing was a strange way to do it, and it wasn't helped along by the Warden's agrivating ending speech. Not as good as the first two acts. I did love the bith of Blacksmith animation- brilliant. Lauren MacMullen is great at what she does, at least. B-

I'm still trying to figure out how to weigh those grades (two acts of A/A- followed by one act of B-) but for the moment it's coming out as an B+/A-

Hey, was I the only one to notice The SImpsons stealing material from... The Simpsons?

Marge's "Anyone who ebats you up is not your friend" joke was rehashed from that one ep in syndication I can't remember.

Datoupee said:
I must give my lowest rating of the season for this episode. 3/5

The writing was simply terrible. This is the episode where I have finally realized that the quality of the show is going downhill. Bart should have been a bit tougher in the pen. The only valid reason for the average rating is due to the use of Mr. Napier.

I have lost infinite respect for your opinion. Sorry. :(

Hmmm that wasn't a bad episode, it was a bit dull on some parts and I agree Bart should not have been that wimpy. It was cute though, U didn't really see anything about it that was wrong though could have been funnier.

3.5/5, B/B-

Tomacco said:
Was I to expect anything else ? Tomacco.. PM me if you want to discuss it more. I am off to watch The Sopranos.

Mira said:
Hmmm that wasn't a bad episode, it was a bit dull on some parts and I agree Bart should not have been that wimpy. It was cute though, U didn't really see anything about it that was wrong though could have been funnier.

3.5/5

Along with everyone speaking like this, could you really have invisioned Bart taking on all the other inmates? He got put in the pen for theft. He has never proven to have any real aggression, and he's always shown getting beat up by Dolph, Nelson, Jimbo and Kearney. Also when he gets caught for things that are really bad, he always feels remorse, right back to "Bart vs Thanksgiving", and continued to "Marge Be Not Proud". Bart feeling fragile in a prison is seriously IN character.

Spooner said:
Hey, was I the only one to notice The SImpsons stealing material from... The Simpsons?

Marge's "Anyone who ebats you up is not your friend" joke was rehashed from that one ep in syndication I can't remember.
I expected a punchline to follow this line and nothing happened.
The way Marge said the shoe lace thing sounded so horrible. The rest was great.
Best word to describe the episode is cute...
Gave me plenty of good laughs
4/5

Tomacco said:

Take off your yellow and blue sunglasses. This episode was very disappointing. Saying that an episode isnt a 5/5 doesnt make you a bad fan of the show.

Damn, with the 5/5 you people throw out, youd think The Simpsons was a flawless show every week! ;-/

man. i have to disagree with most of you. i loved the episode. obviously the direction made it that much better, but i really liked the flow of it. i thought the wedding gift scene was done really well and a good lead into the juvie part of it. another watch will provide my full review. but i honestly though it was one of the better episodes this season. maybe a top 5 for the season. personally just another great addition to a season that is a little above par.

Datoupee said:
My thoughts exactly. A terrific idea down the pipes.

Nah, I really don't mean any offense to you personally, but year after year, week after week, when you write one-sentence reviews with 5/5 for every episode, and then for this specific episode, give it a one-sentence review suggesting it was terrible, I'd just like a fuller review to understand what made every episode in the past few seasons better than this one.

Woogie31 said:
Take off your yellow and blue sunglasses. This episode was very disappointing. Saying that an episode isnt a 5/5 doesnt make you a bad fan of the show.

Damn, with the 5/5 you people throw out, youd think The Simpsons was a flawless show every week! ;-/

To you, it was very disappointing.
And if anything, Datoupee is one of those 5/5 people moreso than anyone on the board.

Just last week I gave a 3/5.
So please do your research before taking a shot at me.

Tomacco said:
I loved the episode. I thought it was completely character-driven with some nice balance between humor and emotion. I've read some terrible reactions at other boards already, which shocks me, but I personally thought it was wonderful and I hope I don't get negatively swayed by others somehow.

I agree with you. One of the best of the season. More focused and funnier than last week, and it didn't take its time to get to the main plot. Lauren MacMullan has done it again! 5/5

I saw a lot of good in this episode, more than in the last two.

Gellar was used well, and I liked Napier better here than in Pokey Mom.

"Wedgie weight-training" - great sight gag.

Resolution was a bit of a cop-out, but at least it used Wiggum's negligence, an established part of an established character.

8.5/10 But this was one with 10 potential, considering that a "Bart goes to juvie" episode was inevitable from day one.

I loved it. Sarah Michelle Gellar did a great job and the whole episode was very funny. The second act was my favorite. Lots of great Chief Wiggumn moments. Superb animation, too. Much better then last week's episode.
Grade: A

Also, what was that music they kept playing? Was that a parody of anything?

Tomacco said:
Nah, I really don't mean any offense to you personally, but year after year, week after week, when you write one-sentence reviews with 5/5 for every episode, and then for this specific episode, give it a one-sentence review suggesting it was terrible, I'd just like a fuller review to understand what made every episode in the past few seasons better than this one.
Jonah, as I have stated before... PM me if you want to discuss this more.

Last edited:
Back