Rate/Review "Thank God It's Doomsday" (GABF14)

How would you rate tonight's episode?

• Total voters

Mike Scully

and now i have slapped a king
Convinced that he knows when the Rapture will occur after watching an Apocalyptic movie, Homer begins warning others so he can secure his place in Heaven. When Channel 6 reports on one of Homer's predictions that later somewhat comes true, he gains a large following. When Homer's predicted apocalypse date passes with no apocalypse, a dejected Homer suddenly finds himself talking to God.

preview speculation thread

Episode airs 8:30/7:30 C.

Last edited:
Curtis the Jack Ass said:
Good episode, I liked it 4/5. It had a good plot. (God had five fingers)

God always had five fingers.

Heh, Los Lobos does the theme song at the end after dying in the episode. Nice touch.

Not as good as the first episode tonight, but still good. The heaven plot played out pretty well... I was afraid of some weird Computer Wore Menace Shoes ending, but it worked out nicely. Great job.

5/5
Awesome, better than the first episode. This episode was HILARIOUS. Best use of religion used in a Simpsons episode in a LONG time.
Both of tonight's episodes had great endings too!
A really, really great episode!

4.25/5 It was a good solid episode that was funny and clever the stars fall from the sky bit was a clever way to put it. But did we really need to see Skinner's erection it grossed me out a bit.

This episode was really dull up until the heaven scene, then it got really good. Unforunately, the episode was almost over by then so that scene wasn't enough to save the episode. The episode certainly wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. It was average. (C)

Keep in mind I'm universally renowned for watching these the wrong way, but I thought it was just all right. No jokes had me laughing out loud, but no jokes had me shaking my head at the screen. A couple were good though. "Why did I choose to be gay?!" and a few others that I remember smiling at, but don't really remember the specifics of. Cause I'm a fucking moron or something.

3.5/5, which is a 4 for poll purposes. Though I... now realize... I voted 3... crap.

SUBTRACT ONE FROM 3.

ADD ONE TO 4.

I'M TOO QUICK TO JUDGMENT.

decent episode. basically, I'm just gonna retread jake's review and point out that it had some good jokes and a good ending. I thought the heaven scene was really well done and funny. overall, not too bad. 3/5

Another 4/5 for me, I liked it a lot thought it was very funny and I'd give it a 5/5 if not for the ending which was a little iffy and wierd. I thought it was pretty good episode overall.

"I'm gonna steal God's secrets and sell them to Satan!" I love Moe.

Simpsonsfan82 said:
4.25/5 It was a good solid episode that was funny and clever the stars fall from the sky bit was a clever way to put it. But did we really need to see Skinner's erection it grossed me out a bit.

Um... there was no "erection". His shirt was tucked in and the tail was sticking out. which the kids (because they're immature) called a "Shirt Weiner".

This episode kicked major a$$. Great jokes and religious irony. IMHO the best religious episode so far.
BTW world ends on Dec.21st 2012. ;)

Homer-Dawg said:
This episode kicked major a$$. Great jokes and religious irony. IMHO the best religious episode so far.
BTW world ends on Dec.21st 2012. ;)

That is what the Mayans and bible code say

I enjoyed the first episode more, this one felt a bit lacking in humour. It did have its moments though. Including Homer enjoying being pelted by food. And sevral others I can never seem to remeber B+ 4/5

Voted 4 mistakenly, but this was more like a three. Interesting concept, but like Jake said, kind of bland.

Liked "Left Below," particularly since I live a half-hour away from the headquarters of the production company that makes those movies.

Another realy good episode, two in one night, they are on a real tear this year, 5 in row. Moe couch gag was best in a while. Homer was funny and the god and religion aspect was dead on for me at least. Surprised they actuly used a date in the future.

Once again, the 8:30 episode beats out the 8:00 episode.

This was a MAJOR improvement over "Pray Anything". At first, I was worried that the premise (Homer dying and getting in an arguement with God) would be a mismatched story belonging in a Treehouse of Horror edition. Act III was especially beautiful.

I don't know how well this holds up to "Homer the Heretic", but it's VERY close.

5/5

Good episode, funny and one of the best of the season overall. The very last scene in the movie cracked me up, my brother didnt even catch it, you kinda had to be paying attention for that one.

4/5

Hilarious episode, and a great plot. I'll need to rewatch it, but it still gets a 5/5

Possible "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" reference: When in Heaven, Homer uses his "superpowers" to make someone's head explode. It's a long shot, but I thought I'd point it out, being the huge Jhonen Vasquez fan that I am.

Heh, I love religious episodes. Since I've been so heavily exposed to the Christian faith in the years that my mom reintroduced me to going to church on a weekly basis, I've appreciated this kind of episode even more. The scenes in Heaven were pure genius, and I thought the whole plot was just great and wonderfully inventive. It's episodes like these that remind me why I still give the show a chance.

5/5

A much bigger success than "Pray Anything" in the religion-themed episode department. I found the episode particularly intriguing, especially since Homer was correct and the results were fantasy-oriented in many ways, but succeeded in relation to the story and were particularly funny. The Heaven/Hotel bits were all worth a laugh. The episode's ending, although a wee bit predictable, was neatly wrapped up and the Last Supper visual at Moe's was a nice touch. One of the season's most inventive episodes, this one gets something like a 4.5/5.

I'M A BRICK said:
Another realy good episode, two in one night, they are on a real tear this year, 5 in row. Moe couch gag was best in a while. Homer was funny and the god and religion aspect was dead on for me at least. Surprised they actuly used a date in the future.

That moe couch gag was actually reused. It was from eariler this season.

I'm leaning towards 5/5 but I don't like to hand those out too often.

This was like "Lisa the Skeptic," "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer" and "The Joy of Sect" rolled into one.

Music from Episode

I'm new to this forum. It's great. Where can I find the music used in this episode. Specifically the song Homer was skipping to.

Thank You

Back