Rate/Review South Park 710 "Grey Dawn"

What did you think of "Grey Dawn"?

• 5/5- Wow! That was better than Finding Nemo!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 4/5- Great! That was somewhat better than Finding Nemo!

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • 3/5- Okay. That was as good as Finding Nemo!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 2/5- Meh. That was a little worse than Finding Nemo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5- Bad. That was much worse than Finding Nemo.

• 0/5- Ugh. Finding Nemo is SO much better than this...by the way, I'm watching Finding Nemo on DVD if

• Total voters

Ryan

wee
1660a.jpg

The old people will strike South Park.

Tonight at 10 on Comedy Central. Do review!...

Last edited:
Well, Grey Dawn had its moments. For example, the whole AARP thing and how they were portrayed and Randy Marsh's "GET OFF THE ROADS!!" tirade. Plus, it's funny because old people shouldn't drive anyway. But, I didn't find it as humerous as last week's, or the one the week before either, yet it was about a real-life issue, but done in a wacky South Park way. Grade: 7/10 or 3/5 (Although I've never seen Finding Nemo)

Wow, this episode was pretty funny. I liked how they had Randy and the boys hiding in the old house like in a horror film, that was hilarious. Then the Kitchen Country Buffet bit was brilliant. I rated the last episode 4/5, this one is getting a 5/5.

An Outstanding first Act, with the "killer senor drivers"; almost anything thing they said was laugh out-loud funny. The second and third acts weren't quite as good, but they were still pretty funny. Overall a good episode (not as good as last weeks episode); South Park is currently on track to have on heck of a 2nd half of season 7; A/B+ (Have to see it again to decide on a final grade)

It was alright. Kinda forgettable in the long run. A little too crazy for my liking, and it's hard to keep old people jokes going consistantly throughout the episode. The seniors meeting was probably the best part of the episode. I liked Cartman's initial plan involving Kyle too.

Somehow, I'm finding South Park to be maybe a little too silly these days in terms of having the adults act like complete idiots, and having the kids be the only sane ones in town. It seems like it's happening too much lately. I'm in the mood for more storylines about the 4 boys, and the others (Timmy, Jimmy, Token, Butters, Wendy, Bebe, Clyde, Craig, etc). Hopefully next week.

Tomacco said:
It was alright. Kinda forgettable in the long run. A little too crazy for my liking, and it's hard to keep old people jokes going consistantly throughout the episode. The seniors meeting was probably the best part of the episode. I liked Cartman's initial plan involving Kyle too.

Somehow, I'm finding South Park to be maybe a little too silly these days in terms of having the adults act like complete idiots, and having the kids be the only sane ones in town. It seems like it's happening too much lately. I'm in the mood for more storylines about the 4 boys, and the others (Timmy, Jimmy, Token, Butters, Wendy, Bebe, Clyde, Craig, etc). Hopefully next week.

I seriously agree on every one of your levels. Really. That's what I thought South Park downgraded into "Adults are stupid, kids are the smart ones", instead of "Four boys take adventures and learn lessons in South Park, Colorado"...

4/5
I liked the beginning at the memorial when the preacher was giving the speech about god liking cruel ironic humor, the country kitchen buffet was just hilarious, and the the parody of a horror movie with the seniors driving had me roling. still it wasn't as good as the last two, but still worthy of a good mention.

I give it a "meh", although it didn't compare to Finding Nemo. I didn't think it was all that funny (south park I mean). It was a good idea, and I definitely have shit to say about senior citizens driving and all, but I think it could have been done alot better. The only part that made me laugh was the horror movie parody. I was just expecting alot more after seeing the one the week before, and just seeing what it was about. So yes, meh. (but I give Finding Nemo two very enthusiastic thumbs up)

I got mixed feelings. (Besides, didn't Stan say, "Jeez, our parents are F**kin' stupid!" at the end of "Child Abduction is not Funny"?)
As for me, more of the SP kids WOULD be nice, but what I REALLY wanna see is MORE TOWELIE!!! WHERE THE F**KIN' HELL IS TOWELIE THESE DAYS????? (Also, more of Butters and Dougie as Professor Chaos and his sidekick, General Disarray!) BTW, if this seems like too much of a rant, my apologies.

Pretty good.....4/5 is about as good as SP gets really....

Think 1/5 is on par with Finding Nemo....haven't seen it but I don't want to as the television commercial contains a burp joke, a crap joke and a fart joke....it just ruins any chance of it actually being any good if the humor is for two year olds....

Rowdy said:
Pretty good.....4/5 is about as good as SP gets really....

Think 1/5 is on par with Finding Nemo....haven't seen it but I don't want to as the television commercial contains a burp joke, a crap joke and a fart joke....it just ruins any chance of it actually being any good if the humor is for two year olds....

I dunno how we got on topic of Finding Nemo, but:
It's a great great movie. The lewd two-year-old humor that you've seen on the commercials are the only ones in the whole movie. If you liked Toy Story, for example, you'll like this Pixar movie.

jesle said:
I just watched it and...thought it was alright. My boyfriend says that it was also a parody of Red Dawn (hence the title), a movie about Russians invading the U.S. Here's a link http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/
All in all, a 4/5...this has been a pretty good season.
I've seen the first half of Red Dawn and I must say, they did a very precise parody of the movie, beginning with the paradrop.
That and Stan's dad warning them of the driving seniors was the funniest parts of the episode, although I did think the senior jokes went a bit overkill. 4/5

Very funny episode, but I liked last week's much more. It's great the show is still funny after 7 seasons, though the show is getting a bit weird for my taste. Killer old people? Meh.. 3/5

I liked this episode a lot and give it a 4/5. I liked all the old people jokes. It will probably will not last though. A couple of years from now people will forget about all those old people crashing into farmers markets. Then again, old drivers never cease to amaze me. Some of them seriously need to have their license revoked.

4/5
The Best Parts of this Episode
-Randy running around town yelling "Get off the Road!"
-We got to see Stan's grandpa again
-Cartman's plan for closing down the Country Kitchen Buffet involves Kyle being killed.

Finally got around to seeing this one. Pretty funny, with Randy's huge panic upon realizing they'd the seniors would be driving at the same time and the scene in the house with the cars crashing through. I do agree that you can only have so many old people jokes, but it made laugh. 4/5.

Back