Votes: 36 23.2%

Votes: 59 38.1%

Votes: 44 28.4%

Votes: 15 9.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Gabbo

Stonecutter
I actually love this episode. It is pretty funny and a great "3 part" episode. 5/5

It's very lacking in the humor department. Certain aspects of it actually remind me of a Jean era episode.

Anyway, one of the worst of season 10. 2/5.

3/5

It really isn't that good when I compare it to what I used to think of it, but I still enjoy and think it's pretty funny. Nothing incredibly special though.

This is probably the best non-halloween trilogy episode ever,but that's not really saying much.
B

This episode started something that would later become very popular, especialy in the Jean era – three parters. The episode contains three different stories of each family member dreaming of themselves as Bible characters. I think the idea quite original and fun, although I’m not a religious person.

The first story of Adam and Eve is a classic and is probably the best of the three. Flanders was fantastic as God. Some of my favorite moments in this story is the pig of Eden offering ribs to Adam, branch monster, ‘’You’re pretty uptight for a naked chick’’ and the magazine God gave to Eve.

The second story is about Moses and Israelite slaves. Milhouse got the part of Moses, which I found rather strange. Nonetheless, the story was very funny, with many great jokes with Moses, like the one with converting. Also, some hilarious scenes made by Skinner (Pharaoh).

Homer’s short dream of being King Solomon was brilliant, but it was interupted by Bart’s dream of being Kind David. This last story was weaker than the rest of the episode, but it didn’t ruin it overall. The ending was absolutely incredible and made the episode even better, with the family waking up in the church, realizing apocalypse has come. All five are sent to hell, by the way…

A

Guh, I despise this episode. Layered with painful, cringe worthy jokes. The only memorable gag in the entire episode was Bart's "heiroglyphic chalkboard gag". D

Very strong episode. Good satire on religion, lots of funny jokes (branch monster, "I will eat the pie", "Let my proclamation go out across the land - Ha ha!") and perfect characterisation of almost everyone. Loved Milhouse as Moses muttering "Let my people go" :D

5/5

4.5/5, B+

And am I the only one who remembers the non-THOH three parter BEFORE this episode?

A lot of it was an insult to christians and the ending is as non-canonical as you can get. D+

A lot of it was an insult to christians and the ending is as non-canonical as you can get. D+

I have done plenty of day dreaming through boring sermons. There are excellent sermons, but they are certainly not all hits.

I think the episode make a point about how little casual Christians know about The Bible. Had the Flanders family dreamed The Bible wrong, I'd be insulted.

The ending could simply be Maggie's dream. Though, at this point, it is impossible to create any sort of cannon to the Simpsons. Huge quantities of shows would have to omitted, overlooked, or explained away.

Not a fan of these 3 part episodes unless its a THOH and this one was not memorable in any way.

3.5/5

Edit: After rewatching this, I have decided it is one of the best 3 part episodes, if not THE best aside from the THOH and therefore I'm upping my original rating of 2, to 3.5

Last edited:
Adam And Eve: I heard this episode was banned from some places because they are naked throughout this segment. That true? Either way, this is my second favorite out of the three.

Moses: My least favorite, but only because it is lame, and the ending is dull.

DVG2: I liked this one, my favorite. I seriously loved everything about it.

King Solomon: Would have been interesting, but Bart's story was better

Back