Rate & Review: "Mommie Beerest" (GABF01)

How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5: Expensive champagne

Votes: 80 31.3%
  • 4/5: Fine wine

Votes: 106 41.4%
  • 3/5: Duff

Votes: 48 18.8%
  • 2/5: Coors

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • 1/5: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Wow! "Thats me Jerkass Homer"

If that ain't proof someone is on ats or here, or something

sadly, i thought the same exact thing jarthurtrain...first new episode ive seen in a year +...not horrible so far

Did anyone notice that Ian Maxtone Graham and Matt Selman are now listed as Executive Producers? I guess that proves that it'll be either Ian or Matt taking over once Al Jean steps down. I was hoping Al Jean would never step down but now it's looking pretty likely. I'm both sad and scared.

Silverlimit said:
Did anyone notice that Ian Maxtone Graham and Matt Selman are now listed as Executive Producers? I guess that proves that it'll be either Ian or Matt taking over once Al Jean steps down. I was hoping Al Jean would never step down but now it's looking pretty likely. I'm both sad and scared.
Well, if was obvious that Al would step down, also I think the "Jerkass" Homer thing was supposed to paroding the Scully days. Is it just me or is that odd?

Wait why is this thread open?

Great episode! I loved the plot, and the jokes were hilarious. 4/5

The best joke, in my opinion, would have to be:

Homer: How would you like it if I came with you to your mother's?
Marge: I would like it! You never come to my mother's!
Homer: That's because I hate her!

I wanna go again! Can we go again Daddy? Daddy?

The "Cards" preview in the movies was pretty funny, too. Great animation.

This episode wasnt too bad ,good start to GABF. Also Tomacco ,do you know if this is really Al Jean's last season?

Great Episode A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Best episode of the season! The plot flowed smoothly and the gags were hilarious. Hilarious from start to finish this episode was, and it even had a pretty good musical number. Good stuff.

A-

Great episode (best of season I thought). More to come.

PS: As the cut-scene tradition continues (production wise its the third in a row), BUT it should be noted that tonight's cut scene was actually a cut scene from "Co-Dependent's Day"! I remember seeing that when they were advertising the episode, and that never made it to screen in an episode until now.

"I wanna go again daddy! Daddy?"

Alright GABF's. 4/5.

Anyone else find Marge's singing incredibly annoying?

Silverlimit said:

That doesn't really mean anything. Every episode from at least the last 6 years has different executive producers listed in the bottom rolling credits. This isn't Al's last year, at least as far as I or anyone else seems to know.

Newsflash: I'm not dead!

I thought the "Jerkass Homer" reference was great. Overall, the plot was nice, if not handled perfectly. There's always been a thing with Marge and Moe I thought they should deal with, and I think they did a decent enough job.

I also noticed there was quite a lot of random humour here. The tuba, Cheif Wiggum's help in the climax, the Balloon race, etc. It kinda reminded me of Family Guy, were logic and plot are suspended for the sake of the joke. It wasn't like it was terrible, but it did strike me as odd.

No letter grade from me- I've been out of the game for too long. Once I get back into my grove I'll see what I can do for a more precise rating. Overall, though, I'd say there was more good than bad.

Tomacco said:
That doesn't really mean anything. Every episode from at least the last 6 years has different executive producers listed in the bottom rolling credits. This isn't Al's last year, at least as far as I or anyone else seems to know.

Oh thank God. Thanks alot ,I feel alot better now. Just ignore that PM I sent you.

Very nice episode B+/A-

Loved the Memorial Service for the tavern, and Barney singing Danny Boy, and Cards.

Easily the best episode of the season. This was full of great lines (jerkass Homer), "I imply, you infer." The plot was well structured and was probably the best characterization of Moe, Homer was as likable as he’s been in a long time. I liked that there was a callback to Barney’s singing ability and showing the barflies. A

Jerkass Homer. He totally said it.

4/5. Everything was pretty good, and Barney singing Danny Boy just hit me, probably my favorite part of the episode. THe only part I didn't like was the song that came off as half-assed and unnecessary... but that might've been the joke. Either way, didn't like it.

It's nice to see good Simpsons episodes again, it really is. My trust is slowly being built up, again. Don't let me down guys, don't let me down. =(

The first "real" Season 16 episode - and if they're all this good, I'll be one very happy man at the end of the season! This episode wasted no time setting up the plot, and with good humor too ("You ate fruit!", "I'll see you at lupper", the various health code violations, etc.). The plot itself was intriguing, and the jokes all seemed to work, but what really struck me about this episode was the animation. Mark Kirkland seems to have used a few Lauren MacMullan-esque touches in this episode, as the characters often seem to be very bouncy and energetic. I even noticed a few visual throwbacks to older seasons, like the close-up of Marge as she growls. The musical number, though brief and random, ended with a good joke and saved it. I also enjoyed the references throughout the episode (Itchy and Scratchy Land, Barney's singing voice, and Homer's "That's me, Jerkass Homer!"). The DreamWorks parody was hilarious. And the ending was great - I thought for a moment that they were going in a different direction when Homer opened the door, but they avoided the "life-threatening twist" cliche, thankfully. In all, a grand episode and a superb start to the new production line. Let's hope the trend in the animation continues throughout the season.

4.5/5

P.S. It was great that they included that little dedication to Johnny Carson at the end, especially with the image they chose (lifting the Buick over his head).

4.5/5 Awesome episode Great storyline. I wonder if Moes bar will remain the same in future episodes. The end was funny Marge goes to sleep Whos Watching The Kids Bart Lisa and Maggie in Paris in a hot air balloon race. :lol:

wow, was that ever good. best of the season so far. if this is season sixteen, im going to be really happy.

full thoughts after a rewatch

I was right! This episode was dedicated to Johnny Carson.

Anyway, not a bad episode. I think it slowed down a bit in the third act. I wonder if this means that we'll see a change in Moe, or if we'll see the same old Moe next week...

Good episode, best this season so far. 4+/5

Back