• 3/5

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

OfficerJimmy

This episode ususally gets ranked as one of the lower episodes of the fourth season, but I really enjoy it.

Its pretty wacky, but its a great way to end the greatest season.

A or low A+

Great episode,one of my favorite episodes in season 4. Swartzwelder,you genius! A+

There was a funny situation about this episode when I was nine. Once my friends came to my house to watch this episode. Then came the scene where crazy old man is singing,and that cracked us up. We were repeating the same scene over and over,and it was hilarious every time. It's still funny when I watch it.

BTW,where's the poll?

Probably the first episode of the series that I didn't enjoy too much. There were some good jokes, but it was overly wacky, the celebrities weren't that funny and sort of took over the show, and a lot of the gags now seem quite dated. C+

I love this episode. For me, it has never suffered from the fact that the jokes get less funny the more times that you watch them. I watch it over and over again, and I always find it funny.

I also thought that it didn't become bad because of how many celebrities it had doing guest spots in it. This is a really good thing, as sometimes episodes with a lot of guest stars become all about the guest stars, and this usually makes them quite unfunny. This didn't happen in Krusty Gets Kancelled, though. I thought that the guest stars were very well handled.

Just an all around funny episode. 5/5

Oh, and who could forget "Old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be"?

I really liked this episode i thought there were some better in season 4 though. If we could give it a 4.5 I would but Ill round it up to 5/5.

It seemed like an excuse to put a lot of guest stars on one episode. There weren't very memorable jokes either. Still, it was enjoyable, but only average. Hence, a B.

I really don't really know how to put this, but... Old grey mare she aint what she used to be, aint what she used to be, aint what she used to be. Old grey mare she aint what she used to be... A

Last edited:
Great cameos (especially Carson), good parodies (Elvis), and an excellent story filled with emotion. Swartzwelder episodes usually are the best. 5/5

Absolutely Hysterical! One of my favorite episodes of all time. The guest stars worked because they helped develop the plot, while also being very funny. Gabbo was a funny character who we love to hate. Lots of great one liners. A 5/5

One of Season 4's weakest. Seemed like a sketch show really, with lots of disconnected scenes and unrelated tangents throughout. Still, Gabbo was a solid one time character and there were enough laughs (Krusty and Homer's boxing had me in stiches) to keep it in the B - range. Too reliant on the guest stars though. B

After he retired from the Tonight Show, Johnny Carson made it a point to disappear from the public eye, he didn't even do interviews. Seeing him as a guest star on The Simpsons is a testament to how great and influential the show has become. Even in the early years, somebody with the iconic stature of Carson was aware of the shows greatness. Anyone who is asked to be a guest star and refuses is a moron becasue they don't see the greatness that has preceeded them.

This episode was great, espically RCHP. A

My top episode...ever. I love it, I adore it, I worship it. It's the epitome of humour on the Simpsons. Actually, I'll just repost my short review I gave it...

"John Swartzwelder gets it, and that’s no surprise considering how many episode this guy has written, whether he be a real person or not. This episode is the best example of a Simpsons episode being nothing more than a Simpsons episode, and not trying to be great, but in the end being great. It contains cut away gags, useless plot features, a tonne of celebrities (including the late Johnny Carson) and a heap of references to pop culture and real life events. This episode also contains what I believed (the first hundred times I saw it), the funniest moments that have ever been seen on TV. Instance number one is when Krusty does his own ventriloquist act and ends up scarring the children for life, and the second is “Eastern Europes favourite Cat and Mouse team; Worker and Parasite!”, Endut Hoch Hech! Damn that is some funny stuff. So indeed, when I think of The Simpsons, I usually end up thinking of this episode as the example of the best one ever, and if I ever see someone that hasn’t seen the Simpsons, this is the one I’ll be recommending to them. I can safely say, with no doubt in my mind, that this is the best…episode…ever!"

Ah yes, 10/10, 100/100, A++, Ach too Liben, ach mein Gott!

One of the top episodes of Season 1, an episode that inspired future simpsons episodes. Just excellent work on this one.

This episode is average making it a bad episode compared to most of season four but it still had its moments.

Since this has been bumped, I'll just go ahead and raise my grade to an 'A'. This episode is far funnier than I remembered it. Perhaps the funniest of the season, but still lacks in terms of balanced plot and there are some over the top scenes.

Back