Votes: 34 9.3%
  • D-

Votes: 29 7.9%
  • F

Votes: 108 29.6%

• Total voters

garret

has it
So, what are your thoughts on what most fans find to be one of the worst episodes of the series? All I have to say is F.

This episode IS considered the worst episode ever by NHC, according to a recent poll.

It certainly is a bunch of nonsense, but I haven't seen it in years. The plot is disjointed and stupid, only a few jokes work (the keyring fakeout, "No listening," a couple other amusing lines), and the characterization is out the window. Even so, it's still bearable enough to merely be in my bottom 5, rather than my all-time least favorite.

Better than Helter Shelter. D/10

TheFlandersMan said:
Horrible.

But still better than 90% of the crap on TV. (jk)

I hate it when people say "The Simpsons isn't as good as it once was, but it's still better than everything on TV."

Lost
Scrubs
The Office
Prison Break

I think they're all better then the current Simpsons.

An average episode,I gave it B-. It's deffinitely not terrible,it's not unwatchable as almoast everybody said,but it isn't great. I thought it was excellent but now I don't think so. It's too wacky for me...

Frank Grimes Sr. said:
I hate it when people say "The Simpsons isn't as good as it once was, but it's still better than everything on TV."

Lost
Scrubs
The Office
Prison Break

I think they're all better then the current Simpsons.
Although I have to disagree with you about Prison Break, I agree with the general idea. "Yeah, let's watch something shitty, because that shitty stuff is shittier!" It doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, back on topic. F

Where to begin? Yet another midlife crisis, yet another crappy vacation, yet another crappy disjointed plot that seems to be another episode featuring nothing but Homer...there were some things that really pissed me off with this episode; I'd really never felt it with any other episode, I was enraged. The sheer stupidity of having the car being rammed along by a train for a full night is just fucked. Plain fucked, I have no other way of explaining it. The Homer-at-the-plant scene at the beginning was equally awful, especially when he's trying to pretend to be a mother. It doesn't make my bottom ten because, unlike all the episodes that DO make it, it actually doesn't feel FULLY like a spinoff.

D-

Pretty awful overall, though there are a few exceptions. I still laugh at, "My pockets hurt." I've also come to enjoy "Guess how many boobs I saw today, Marge? Fifteen!" Took me years after seeing the ep for the first time to get what the gag was.

It was a rip off of a King of The Hill plot. Hank went to a spring break city. Whether it was intential or not, I have no idea..

It was a perfect episode for King of The Hill. Seeing conservative Hank in that world. It was perfect.

The Simpson version was pretty bad. Havent seen that episode in ages. Couldnt do a proper review, but Im sure it's an F. I doubt Id say its the worst ever, but I wont argue with it. I havent watched most of the show in 10 years, so I imagine theres something crappier I'm unaware of.

Solid F. Awful episode, voted the worst episode ever by the NHC, and I hate it. Probably one of the worst of Season 11, right after The Mansion Family. Pretty much not a funny dialogue, and in my opinion, was crammed with alot of forced & failed attempts at a funny story. With stupid lines like Marge replying to two college dudes asking her to show them her tits by saying "Later", it is one of those extremely bad and odd joke to have on the show, much like the circumsision gag.

Awful awful awful. I gave it a D

Just read this plot summary from wikipedia and tell me it doesn't sound the least bit chaotic and unnatural.

"Homer gets a magazine loaded with personality tests and quizzes his friends and family with them. Later on, he takes his own test and reveals that he will have only three years left to live. He develops insomnia and goes insane. Visiting the power plant's psychiatrist, he suggests Homer go on a long vacation, heading on a trip to a town in Florida. Yet, while the family arrives in Florida, it is Spring Break. Marge wants Homer to stay in his hotel room, but he escapes to party and attend a Kid Rock concert to brighten the last three years of his life. Homer becomes the life of the Spring Break party.

The party is not yet over after the Spring Break crowd leaves: Homer rents an airboat and they go through the swamp, killing the town's most famous resident, an alligator named Captain Jack. The family is arrested for killing the alligator, but they flee from the sheriff and are hit by an Amtrak train, and escape to a restaurant and nearby trailer, where they work until the sheriff finds them. For what they have done, the family is put in jail and are put into forced labor. One night when they are working, the family encounters the alligator, who is not dead. The family is acquitted, but not allowed to return to Florida again. For their next trip, the family plans to go to North Dakota, the only state other than Arizona (which Homer complains "smells funny") in which they are allowed to vacation."

I didn't laugh at all when watching this epi.

Haven't seen it for a few years but I remember it being shit. I've warmed to the Scully era since then so I'll give it another chance. I remember there being a few good jokes in amongst the shit.

train_wreck-730041.jpg

D+ is how I would rate this episode, it is a truly awful episode and unfortunately it was a precursor of things to come for "The Simpsons"

I'm not gonna lie, some jokes in this episode make me laugh:
-The late night TV show, with Homer imagining them saying they want to kill him.
-"Hey, you're stealing my trailer!....I like that."
-"The beer companies pay me to look the other way during spring break. But the rest of the year, I'm a real hard ass."
-"Pull over!" "There's no good spaces!" "There's PLENTY of good spaces!" "There's no shade!"

But the plot is crap because it just haphazardly jumps from one thing to the next, completely ignoring Homer's fear of dying after act one. It honestly felt like they were making it up as they went along. And I still hate the "gator's not really dead!" deus ex machina ending. Cop out.
Swartzweldian said:
It was a rip off of a King of The Hill plot. Hank went to a spring break city. Whether it was intential or not, I have no idea..

It was a perfect episode for King of The Hill. Seeing conservative Hank in that world. It was perfect.
Yeah, "Escape From Party Island" was a lot better, funnier, and more cohesive than KTAAR. And it actually touched on some psychology dealing with Hank's mom and her attachment to the figurines, which is always good for character development.

This wasn't the worst episode, not even for the season. But it had a corny ending.

C+

Definitely the worst of season 11, but season 12 has some episodes that rival it like New Kids on the Blecch and Simpson Safari. Easily an F, or 1/5.

definitely one of the worst of the Scully era (and that says a lot) it had a pretty decent start with Homer being a crazy insomniac afraid of dying, but the spring break fiasco totally fucked that up, and I hated the ending....D+

Speedy Boris said:
I'm not gonna lie, some jokes in this episode make me laugh:
-The late night TV show, with Homer imagining them saying they want to kill him.
-"Hey, you're stealing my trailer!....I like that."
-"The beer companies pay me to look the other way during spring break. But the rest of the year, I'm a real hard ass."
-"Pull over!" "There's no good spaces!" "There's PLENTY of good spaces!" "There's no shade!"

But the plot is crap because it just haphazardly jumps from one thing to the next, completely ignoring Homer's fear of dying after act one. It honestly felt like they were making it up as they went along. And I still hate the "gator's not really dead!" deus ex machina ending. Cop out.
Yeah, "Escape From Party Island" was a lot better, funnier, and more cohesive than KTAAR. And it actually touched on some psychology dealing with Hank's mom and her attachment to the figurines, which is always good for character development.

Glad someone else noticed it! :)

Back