Dark Homer

pineapple shoes
Administrator
kampkrustier.jpg

Season 28, Episode 15
Original Airdate: March 5, 2017
Writer: David M. Stern
Director: Rob Oliver
Synopsis: When Bart and Lisa return home abruptly after a traumatic incident at Kamp Krustier, they put an end to Homer and Marge's romantic encounters. Without sex to distract him, Homer becomes a more productive worker and caring husband, but Marge misses the old Homer. Then, Bart and Lisa return to camp to confront the source of their trauma.

Previous R&R
Next R&R

Last edited:
** Santa's Little Helper bumping into trees
* Bart's weird noises
* "Kids, try this at home!"
End of act 1: pretty lame, 4.5/10
* Homer drinking ketchup in sleep
* "Who's that guy?"
* Homer playing theremin
** Moe's robot girlfriend
End of act 2, mediocre. 6/10.
* Kid's song
* Text at the end
Closing Thoughts:
That was a pretty bad episode.
The plot was atrocious. So Bart gets traumatized upon leaving Kamp Krusty, and so he fakes having PTSD, including him sleeping in Homer and Marge's bed, despite the fact it's out of character for him to want to, interrupting their sex lives. But then it turns out he actually DID have PTSD from the camp. Meanwhile Homer and Marge find out that by not having sex Homer is inexpilicably more productive, which makes no sense. And so we lead to yet another marriage crisis episode and at the end they make up and make out. Oh and Bart and Lisa resolve their trauma. What a terrible story.
The humor was better, there were some decent laughs throughout, but ultimately not many.
Overall, I can only give this a 4/10.

Good review, man. Thread's off to a great start.

Dude, this episode wasn't even over when I posted this.

Now that it's finished let me just say that it was... boring. The story did not follow the original Kamp Krusty's one, the rare good jokes were already on previous episodes and the ''plot twist'' was more than ridiculous.

I haven't done a review in forever, I think. Here goes nothing...

The Simpsons: "Kamp Krustier"

Couch gag: A pachinko machine, eh? I'll admit Homer choking was a little uncomfortable, but it was creative enough.

Summary: So we get the revelation that the children completely destroyed Kamp Krusty... but then there's the quick shot of Bart shooting an arrow and dousing a couple of kids in flames. Come on now, are they really the problem in this situation? So the kids get off the bus, then there's a lot of unmemorable lines that fly by rather quick, then the therapy, and maaaaaan is Hank Azaria's generic everyman voice putting me to sleep. I kind of think that's the point, but eh. Afterwards, Bart tries faking PTSD, then there are scenes with Homer doing more serious things with his time (reading, the personal trap-door button), and I'm enjoying them a lot more than anything else happening and I don't know why; maybe because we're getting to see Homer be serious (overtly serious Homer is amusing), with no wacky fun show antics going on around him? Either that or it's more interesting than what Bart and Lisa are doing, who knows. Then there's more therapy, and the family all go back to Kamp Krusty, where Bart's PTSD is fixed kind of abruptly. I mean, weren't they also tormented by bullies and unfriendly staff? So that played no part, huh. Also Homer and Marge make whoopie again, which... yay? This was more interesting when he was acting smart, for crying out loud!

Overall, it's not terrible but it's not good. The main conflict is kind of okay at first, then it gets a bit more interesting with serious Homer, then it gets kind of boring at the end. The B-plot (or what little there was of one), meanwhile, wasn't engaging at all and Bart's antics were annoying. I'll give it a score of 5.5/10, 2/5 for the polls, I guess.

Last edited:
so yeah pretty much all of this felt recycled but at least it wasn't bafflingly nonsensical like the past few weeks I guess. high praise for season 28 indeed.

Was this a "sequel" to "Kamp Krusty," or was the first time retconned?

The billboard references St. Patrick's Day, but there will be another new episode before then...unless the couch gag is so long that they need a short opening.

The fried chicken bucket wasn't Shakespeare's.

"Kids, try this at home!"

The Luigi's Pizza box shrank so it could fit in the trashcan.

It's "red beans and rice"; in fact, the version Popeye's sells has the rice on top.

Lisa has missed school before.

They needed a knockoff version of Leroy Anderson's The Typewriter?

This was shit and all it did was prove the Early Jean era was much better at writing sequel eps because unlike say, Special Edna, this episode has no reason to exist. A sequel to Kamp Krusty should besomewhat interesting but they do nothing with it, instead turning it into two boring plots that feel completely hollow. I don't care about Homer and Mar he's sex troubles or Bart and Lisa's trauma over some kid (or not kid idk). Like I really didn't give a shut about how the mystery would be solved. This is honestly what I expected, a sequel to Kamp Krusty but in HD quality. Honestly, with a quick rewrite, you could probably make this any other camp and it would make just as much sense. They didn't even have any of the bullies appear. When it mentioned Season 4, I thought they were gonna do some sort of recap of Kamp Krusty, which would have been the best part of the episode, but nope. 1/5

Also, there was a Minions parody.

It's either the first time was retconned, or that this was just a different time they went to Kamp Krusty (with Krusty and Mel actually running the camp). Doesn't make much sense how you look at it, since they keep referencing that this is a sequel to the Season 4 episode, yet there's a Dancing With the Stars I&S cartoon (insert Jims theory on Simpsons timeline here).

Episode was watchable. Bart plot got better once it was shown he was actually traumatized. Had a few good moments out of Bart/Lisa, wish the trauma could've actually related to the S4 episode instead of that bland "little person" reveal, makes the idea of this being a sequel episode kinda pointless. Marriage crisis story was...competent, sure. Positive that "Homer has a bunch of little Homers running his head" plot device was used last Season, rest of the plot has also been done many times before.

Like Jeff Martin's episode last year, there were a few moments/jokes here and there that made it feel more competent than usual, that if they wrote for an earlier staff, these episodes could've been led into the direction of a solid outing, but as is, it's just another forgettable, inoffensive Simpsons episode.

5.5/10, 2/5 for the poll.

Trivia:

-I drive the same car model as Principal Skinner. Neato.

The most interesting detail about this thread (and this week's episode) is that both [MENTION=67747]Hops[/MENTION] and [MENTION=48254]1010011010[/MENTION] rated the episode a 5.5/10 and yet rounded their scores down to 2/5 votes for the poll when - presumably - they should have rounded up to a 3/5.

I don't know whether it's the 20-point scale, the rounding logic in play or the identical scores but I find that to be infinitely more fascinating than anything I saw last night.

I guess they just feel the episode doesn't deserve to go to Kamp Krusty. It's going anyway, because who'd want this one hanging around?

my main takeaway from this episode was how godawful that theremin joke was. like not only was it insanely sitcommy but marge goin THERAPY, NOT THEREMIN!!! made me wince. 2.5/5

3/5

I liked the idea of an "episode extension" - in this case, tonight's episode was basically the "aftermath" of the events in Kamp Krusty. But there were times where the episode felt boring and odd. Seriously, Homer gives up sex? Come on!

The most interesting detail about this thread (and this week's episode) is that both Hops and 1010011010 rated the episode a 5.5/10 and yet rounded their scores down to 2/5 votes for the poll when - presumably - they should have rounded up to a 3/5.
Logically, it would seem that way. However, this episode was the equivalent of an entirely unrelated script with "Kamp Krusty" post-its stuck to the front of it, so I guess you could say I wasn't feeling too generous :P

Another average episode, but it could've turned out quite good if it was more of a proper sequel to Kamp Krusty. Instead we get a whole episode where the kids had to deal with their PTSD while we hardly even saw Kamp Krusty, and when they eventually got there it wasn't even really Kamp Krusty anymore. And they managed to shove in another marriage crisis plot. Makes me wish that Selman would write episodes like these as he likes to use just single plots a lot, which would've been so beneficial for this particular episode. What also bothered me is that they didn't properly use the continuity of Kamp Krusty, despite having said at the beginning that the following scenes took place in season 4. Having the kids destroy Kamp Krusty (while for some reason the bullies also participated, despite them originally being the camp leaders). The kids coming home from the bus all scared despite that in the ending of Kamp Krusty, Krusty was actually making up for it with a trip to Mexico. And apparently this ''Charlie'' kid was a thing while the kids never rode a canoe (Lisa had noticed how the torrent even collapsed a boat in the original episode). Just a lot of unnecesary stuff that could've been left out to make a proper sequel, and atleast give Krusty a big role (maybe even return Mr Black).

For your average HD episode it is still fine, it had a good plot to follow and some good jokes to it. I laughed more at both of Wiggums scenes then I shoul have, when he pointed to the ''no girl'' sign and arresting the kids in the camp. I liked the kids scene at the therapist, and Skinner accusing the therapist that his car was blocking his. Not sure what to think of Bart drawing on his eyes. Apparently Bart doesn't mind sleeping with Marge? I like that we got to see the nuclaire power plant very early in the morning, and all the scenes inside Homer's mind. And ofcourse Homer being afraid to be called a nerd. I didn't mind that it turns out that Bart has PTSD after all, despite all the attempts to hide it. He was nice enough to wait to talk to Lisa in the morning atleast. Then we get a scene at an amusement park (which I don't remember ever seeing before) where the kids get to abuse their trauma for a fast pass, yet we don't see them abusing anything afterwards. Still liked Lisa's reaction. Marge is as sexy as ever, but I didn't like that theremin joke. The counseling scene also alsted to long with a joke that also dragged on. I'd say the best part is the final act when they finally got to Kamp Krusty... which is now Klub Krusty. I liked the scene at the kids club and how Marge kept seducing Homer, which also ends their plot right there atleast. Not sure what to think of the conclusion of the main plot, but I liked how the show made a gag about its ratings being so low and yet the most watched on the night.

For a supposed sequel to Kamp Krusty it feels rather dissapointing, but as its own episode its atleast decent. It had some good gags and I liked the main plot for most of the part. But the marriage crisis plot could've been dropped in favor of doing more with the main plot. Bart's characterisation felt off at times, but he and Lisa had some good kid-like voice acting at several points like sobbing or screaming. They could've taken notes from the original Kamp Krusty where the Homer/Marge sideplot were really just a couple of short scenes doing their own business at home, while the episode mostly focussed on the actual camp.

3/5

Fun thing to note like Dark Homer joked about is that Google keeps reminding me that I might've accidently mistyped Kamp Krusty to Kamp Krustier. It also happened with a lot of other episodes, with Flaming Moe'''s'' being the major example.

3 best moments
"No means no. I looked it up in the dictionary."
Lisa goes on amusement rider twice while Bart sulks.
Homer gets personal trap door button

my main takeaway from this episode was how godawful that theremin joke was. like not only was it insanely sitcommy but marge goin THERAPY, NOT THEREMIN!!! made me wince. 2.5/5
Theremin jokes have been trotted out a half-dozen times in the show's run and I'm not sure a single one of them has been funny.

I will say some nice things about last night's episode. As usual, Rob Oliver turned out a solid direction effort. He's the home run hitter in the show's animation director rotation right now. The voice direction also seemed rather solid. Julie Kavner, in particular, had Marge sounding like her old self.

Lisa goes on amusement rider twice while Bart sulks.
That part was cute. Any joke where Lisa acts like a kid almost always works.
I could do without Bart sulking. Seems like that's all he does these days.

A really lame and pretty dull episode. I kinda liked that it was a flashback episode (taking place right after the first episode) and the premise of the kids being traumatized due to their hellish time at Kamp Krusty & Homer and Marge having their sex life interrupted and ruined because of it getting in the way was kinda interesting, but it was handled very shoddily, the narrative was flimsy as hell and it related very little to the old episode (almost none of the camp grounds was shown, Krusty was barely in it & no sighting of Mr. Black whose inclusion would have been nice).

They seemingly retconned a lot of stuff from the original (such Krusty post-camp taking the kids to Tijuana now having never happened) and it was uneven with Bart & Lisa being traumatized; them returning to the camp to face the source of their trauma (a canoe ride where this Charlie kid apparently drowned) was decent but I had a hard time caring about it, even when they found out that he is still alive. It felt poorly connected to the original and the trauma source was poor and made little sense (not only considering the river in the original was all raging rapids and completely unfit for canoes unlike in the flashback here but also because it felt nonsensical with the uninteresting Charlie not even being a kid but actually a little person who was undercover); they could have done much better than this.

The subplot, while unnecessary, started out decently; Homer becoming better and more effective at work because of the abstinence and Marge growing sexually frustrated was pretty amusing, but then it turned into another marriage crisis. They go to therapy and get the advice to take the kids back to the camp to confront their trauma but when they find out it is now suddenly an adult spa resort (called Klub Krusty) they just stop giving a crap about the kids, dump them at some sort of daycare instead of accompanying them and only care about themselves, whereupon Homer drops his pretentious side and restores their sex life; it was like the writers had to completely separate the plots in the end instead of naturally wrap them up together and it made Homer an Marge look very irresponsible.

As a follow-up it didn't work and as an standalone episode it also failed. There was possibilities with the main story but it was written and handled poorly (and even though the subplot had it's moments they should have connected it to the main plot much more tightly in the end or just left it out altogether). Since I did like parts of it such as some jokes and gags here and there (and Kevin Michael Richardson mimicking Barry White over the credits was fun) I wouldn't say it was horrible, but definitely a very weak episode; it sort of felt like they didn't really want to do a proper sequel and just used the classic episode as a basis for newly made-up stuff while barely caring about the source material. So much for a sequel.

2/5

Last edited:
The only interesting thing about this episode is that it seems to support the unintentional idea from The Last Traction Hero, that Homer and Marge's entire relationship is based entirely on having sex, and that it really is the only reason why their still together...which is a pretty depressing idea.

I really have no idea what to make of this episode. So contrary to what I initially thought, this episode is a direct sequel to the original Kamp Krusty episode? Then why do most of the events and references from Kamp Krusty that are brought up in this episode not coincide with what actually happened in that episode? Did they retcon the events of that episode? This episode also tries to claim that it takes place during the events of Season 4, but nothing in this episode happens that makes it feel that way, it just comes like another HD episode. It's just so bizarre that this episode claims to be a sequel to Kamp Krusty, yet we barely even see the camp, there are barely any references to it, and what references we do get to it are mostly wrong.

So anyway, things open with the Simpsons house looking like crap because Homer and Marge were busy having sex in Bart's treehouse because having crazy sex is apparently what they've been doing all summer. Why would they want to have sex in their son's treehouse? Also, wasn't Homer's sub-plot in the actual Kamp Krusty episode about him losing weight? Does Homer's increased sex life have anything to do with that? And didn't Homer see on the news Bart taking over the camp? So after seeing the news, did Homer immediately just decided to have sex with his wife and stop caring about Bart having taken over a camp? Wiggum shows up because Ned called him, which I'm pretty sure is a joke they already did in the episode where Skinner and Edna almost got married. Homer is shown to be completely oblivious to what's happening in Kamp Krusty. Wait, but didn't Homer got into better shape in that episode and only got fat again when he found Bart had taken over the camp? Also the kids are destroying the camp now, even though I'm pretty sure they just took it over originally. You can also see Jimbo and the bullys destroying stuff, even though they were camp counselors in the original episode. Bart is wearing his Kamp Krusty outfit here, which is a detail I find to be absolutely amazing. The writers either retcon or just flat-out ignore everything that actually happened in the original Kamp Krusty episode, but apparently, Bart's outfit from when he took over the camp was too sacred and important for them to forget.

Homer and Marge are cheerful about picking up the kids and don't seem to still be aware about what happened at camp. All the kids are traumatized, because I guess that trip to Tijuana didn't happen anymore, and Marge says they will all got to therapy. Wait, so she knew about how awful the camp was? Then why was she so cheerful earlier, why wasn't she freaking out or worrying about her kids? It's not even five minutes, and already nothing is making any sense. The therapist and the therapy scene in general is just boring. Also Lisa is traumatized because the camp forced her to watch the Parent Trap....what? Anyway Bart fakes having PTSD to get out of school. Homer flatly doesn't give a shit about his kids, as usual nowadays, but Marge shockingly stops caring too because she gets really horny. And Ned is watching them from his house and is going to call the cops on them...what the fuck is going on here?

Bart shows up and sleeps in their bed, and Marge is convinced that he does have PTSD. Was she not convinced earlier? Also Bart watches an Itchy and Scratchy episode that parodies Dancing with the Stars...in an episode that's supposed to be a direct sequel to an episode aired in 1992...ok. Homer is so angry at all this he goes to work early (Marge's reaction to this is kind of funny) and enjoys the benefits of better parking and more donuts. He also starts reading a manual for some reason, I guess because he's bored. This also starts a running gag through the episode where we constantly take a look at Homer's mind and see little people running it, which reminds an awful lot of when they did the same joke with SpongeBob in the episode where Squidward pretends the Krusty Krab is a fancy restaurant in order to impress Squilliam Fancyson, only not as funny. Carl then says that seeing Homer does his job makes him want to work harder, which sounds like it will lead into another plot point about how Homer's hard work inspires everyone else in the power plant to work harder too, but it ultimately goes nowhere. And then Smithers makes a job about wanting to have sex with Mr. Burns after Homer tells him a way to keep getting free magazines.

So Bart discovers he really does have PTSD after a nightmare. There's a cute bit where he goes to wake up Lisa, but she tells him to come back in the morning, which he does, and she happily thanks him for waiting. Lisa concludes that their repressing some horrible incident involving a canoe, but doesn't want to admit it so she won't miss school. Homer starts having more energy and working harder thanks to him waking up early, leading to a boring montage filled with forgettable gags. There is a decent joke afterwards of Homer having his own trap door now though. Bart and Lisa are at Six Flags for some reason and get free passes to cut the line, and while Bart is whining and moaning at this (one of his most consistent character traits now), Lisa tells him to shut up and goes off to have fun. It's sad that the best thing about this episode is that they've been writing Lisa as a little kid again.

Marge gets super horny for some reason and wants to have sex with Homer, but he says "no means no" and Marge angrily starts ripping his shirt off. So is the joke is that she wants to rape him? Who thought this joke was a good idea, especially since they already did a horrible joke where Marge actually raped Homer in the steroids episode? Homer says he doesn't want to have sex anymore, but why? What does Homer waking up early have to do with him suddenly not wanting to have sex anymore? Where did this conflict come from? Homer gives some lip service about how all the great men didn't have sex, but this conflict still feels random. Marge decides to put her and Homer into therapy (but apparently not her kids again, for some reason), and the therapists are the two random guest stars of the week. The therapy scene is equally as boring and dull as the one from the beginning, but the therapists tell Marge to take her kids to Kamp Krusty to save their marriage, which they do, only to discover the camp has been shut down and replaced with an adult resort.

At Klub Krusty, Marge tells her kids to go into a day care. Why is Marge suddenly such a shitty parent in this episode? The whole reason they came back this camp was to solve her kids problems, and not only does she not seem to care at all about them, but she totally blows them off so she can try to have sex with Homer. Anyway Bart and Lisa run out to solve their problem. Also there's a weird joke about Homer fantasying about Marge as a printer. Bart and Lisa find a shed and remember that they actually tried to escape the camp through canoes along with some random kid named Charlie. Also Sideshow Mel shows up in the flashback...was he even a councilor in the original episode? The canoe went out of control and Charlie apparently drowned. Lisa claims that she forgot because of paint fumes...is that why Bart forgot as well? Krusty randomly shows up for no real reason at this point too. Homer and Marge are at a lake for some reason even though they were supposed to be out helping their kids because like I said earlier, Marge is a really shitty parent this episode. Marge is still really horny and is trying to have sex with Homer, and after some objections, he caves in. Wow, this might actually be the most anticlimactic resolution to a plot point ever in the entire show's run. Marge basically just keep asking for sex until Homer said yes.

Meanwhile, Bart, Lisa and Krusty got to report about Charlie, and we get a joke where Raphael asks if they can keep a secret and Lisa gets mad when Bart says she can't, which I thought was actually pretty funny because it's totally true. Charlie turns out to be ok , giving a massage to Dr. Hibbert, and it also turns out he's actually an adult midget, and that he was really at the camp as a spy. This...just makes no sense and raises even more questions. If he was a spy, why did he try to escape the camp with Bart and Lisa? Was his mission finished and he was trying to leave? Did he really plan on escaping with Bart and Lisa in the canoe, or did he anticipate that the canoes would go out of control? Was faking his death part of his plan all along or was it a last minute alteration? Never explained. Bart starts crying, which completely stuns Lisa, much like me. I have mixed feelings on this, because on one hand, wimpy, crybaby Bart is becoming more of Bart's default personality and is always annoying, plus I don't buy that Bart would get this emotional over some random guy that the audience knows nothing about, not even if he and Bart were friends. But on the other hand, it's definitely better then dealing with soulless. sociopathic Bart, so I'll take what I can get. Anyway, Bart's PTSD is over. I thought it was going to turn out to do something with all the abuse he had in the camp by the awful counselors and the camp director, Mr. Black. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised since, despite basically being the main antagonist in the original, Mr. Black is never seen or referenced here. Bart says he's glad its over, and there's a joke about how this will be revisited again in Season 52's Kamp Krustiest, and showing us the awful ratings for that episode, which, I'll admit, that was a pretty good joke, it gave me a good laugh.

Homer and Marge have finished having sex and have totally stopped caring about their kids problems, and Marge is happy that Homer is a moronic failure again as long as she get's laid. Also Comic Book Guy is hanging out in the water for some reason. And surprisingly, this episode breaks Season 28's long-running tradition and does not have another crappy pointless 4th act, instead it just cuts to the credits with Kevin Michael Richardson doing a parody of a Barry White song.

As I mentioned earlier, the biggest flaw of this episode is that it tries to pass itself off as a sequel to Kamp Krusty, when in reality, it really isn't. Almost every detail from that episode that is brought up here is completely wrong, and the one thing they did get right, Bart's Kamp Krusty outfit, was an ultimately unimportant, minor detail in the grand scheme of things. It's almost like they wanted to an episode of Homer and Marge having a bad sex life after their kids go to a horrible camp, but didn't want to actually have to write any of the bad stuff that happened to them at camp, so they just called it a sequel to Kamp Krusty so they could just focus on the Homer plot. Really, the only way this sequel episode "works" is if you either only vaguely remember the original, or if you forgets part of it and only remember other parts from it, which is not what a sequel episode should be.

And that's another problem, the Kamp Krusty stuff is ignored mostly in favor of Homer and Marge's plot, which is just a rehash of Jaws Wired Shut with the premise of "Homer acts like a better person and Marge hates it". Marge is insanely out of character in this. Not only is she suddenly completely obsessed with having sex with Homer to the point that she doesn't care if he goes back to being an idiot, but she also comes off as pretty negligent to her kids. Despite her bringing up several times how her kids are damaged, she doesn't seem to really ever do much about resolving their problems, outside of letting Bart stay in her bed, and even when she takes them to Kamp Krusty to solve their problems, she pretty much just dumps them off at a daycare the first chance she gets and completely ignores their problems because she rather have sex with Homer. Homer's motivations make no sense, how does going to work early and being more productive suddenly result in him not wanting to have sex anymore? It's a very odd turn of events that is never really explain that well. Also the running gag of looking into Homer's brain was not funny and felt more like a way to kill time then anything else. And like I said, the ending to the plot is extremely lame. Marge just keeps whining about how she wants sex and Homer finally says yes.

The sub-plot was slightly more interesting, but didn't really go anywhere for a long time, and when it finally does go somewhere interesting at the end, the plot suddenly screeches to a stop. Bart and Lisa realize that a kid died, but then it turns out the guy was fine and he was actually an adult midget pretending to be a kid for no reason. Really, the best part of this sub-plot is that the writers finally remember to write Lisa as a sweet little kid instead of a cynical, depressed adult, it makes her much more endearing. The animation was shockingly good here, especially in scene like when Bart says Lisa can't keep a secret. I'm not sure why the animation only ever seems to get really good and fluid when the story is terrible. There were also a good number of jokes here too, like the one about Season 52.

Overall, this was an episode that had some potential and actually did have some decent jokes here, but it's ultimately ruined by an idiotic script, too much focus on Homer and Marge instead of Kamp Krusty, lame endings to the both plots, and the fact that it fails to feel like a sequel to Kamp Krusty, instead feeling like the writers were forced to tie it in to that episode. Normally, this would be a 2/5, however, the fact that it mostly ignores the original Kamp Krusty and also either retcons or ignore most of what actually happened in that episode, and how it ultimately feels like a lazy attempt to cash in on that nostalgia for that episode, makes this one feel even more incompetent and worse then usual. So ultimately, I give this episode a 1/5, possible the worst episode I've seen in this whole season so far.

Please no more sequel episodes if this is going to be the quality of them from now on.

Last edited:
To summarize that last post (which I did read through in its entirety), Rob Oliver's animation direction was great (as usual), writing Lisa as an 8-year-old kid is appreciated and always gets props and absolutely nothing else was good or made sense. Most notably Marge's neglectful parenting.

Perhaps this latest run of bad episodes will end this weekend with 22 for 30... but given that it's a Joel H. Cohen effort without Selman at the controls, I'm not at all optimistic.

[MENTION=73245]AlphaOmega[/MENTION], just a tip: your epic episode rant reviews are interesting reads, but I think they could use a little more spacing. Using this one as an example, you have separated it into paragraphs but around half of these paragraphs are still too large so maybe splitting them up in two or three paragraphs would do the trick?

Thanks for the advice. Usually I try to separate each act off into a different paragraph, to make it more clear where each of the part of the story begins and ends, but it just ends up turning into the gigantic blocks of text I usually type, especially since I tend to not to be really sure how long each review will be when I type it. I edited my review and I'll keep it in mind for the next one.

Thanks for anyone who actually reads through the gigantic blocks of text I call a "review" though!

Back