Rate/Review - "Homer's barbershop quartet"

What do you think about this episode?

• 5/5 - I love it!

Votes: 149 68.0%
  • 4/5 - Very good!

Votes: 49 22.4%
  • 3/5 - An average episode,but still OK.

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • 2/5 - Not that great. :(

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 1/5 - I hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
5/5, A. It's a great episode, the jokes are well done, a nice story, and great beatles parody to boot.

I would have given this a perfect score even before I knew it was a Beatles parody. I don't like the unanswered questions, but everything else makes up for it. All the characters are used well. Chief Wiggum gives some great moments. There was also some little dabs of emotion worked around the humor. On top of all this, the show ended on one of the Simpsons' greatest songs ever. Excellent episode: 5/5.

5/5- I loved all the Beatles parodies; they were so well-executed. As close to perfection as they get.

A way awesome episode, as can be seen from the reviews so far. 5/5, definitely.

This was a great episode. It was one of those episodes where each and every character was written in such a human way, no character was more hatable or likable.

It was a Beatles parody yes, but I think it was also one of the best uses of many of the core male adult characters. The thing with the Yoko Ono parody in particular was just such a genius moment because its so true. I personally feel Lennon had to do what he had to do, and it really sucked he got cut down because maybe he could of made a huge difference if he had lived a bit longer...growing with his family...but thats another story. But still, I can understand why my mother's generation felt so weirded out and a little betrayed by the whole thing considering how well...nosensical Yoko was and how to himself Lennon became for a while. Such a complicated story, but it was brilliantly parodied here.

I felt so unbelievably bad for Wiggum in this episode. lol I know it was also a bit of a parody of a supposedly real event, but I think it was a great example of Wiggum's character. He may be corrupt, and seemingly complacent to his job but you can't help but love and sympathize with the guy. He seems genuinly pretty decent somewhere in there, unlike most of Springfield's political world. You can't help but wonder if he's corrupt not because he himself is corrupt, but because of stuff in his life like this. I mean, he's shown he can be actually a pretty good cop but he just needs the will, and I'm sure thats pretty hard to get when stuff like this happens. :D Totally sucks.

Its truly an episode that I can say isn't overrated at all.

One of, if not the best parodies in the shows history. Too many jokes and side gags to list here, suffice to say it can be watched numerous times and you still won't pick em all up. You don't have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy, it just smacks of its own creativity. Another example of how the characters can be used for any situation, be placed in any environment or be completely out of character and you still just love it and want to believe it. 5/5.

Homer's Barbershop Quartet is a great episode. Homer's character makes for a nice change; for once he is not a stupid, selfish oaf, but an earnest man who just wants to make his way in the world. Even the flattest part, the beginning, which meanders a little at times, isn't really too bad. Even Barney, the usual drunk, reveals a side we rarely see again throughout the series; that of a sober singer. Sure, Bart, Lisa and Marge were marginalised, but their characters were accurate and the fairly memorable ending make this episode another early season classic. A

3/5 an average episode truly, couldn't get myself into this episode completely. Some of the few scenes that did make me laugh alot were "Barney Never Wiggum Forever....Wiggum Never Barney Forever" and The Singing Auditions..."If I Could Walk The Animals Talk With The Animals..."

TheForbiddenDonut said:
I would have given this a perfect score even before I knew it was a Beatles parody.

Yes... THIS is how to properly execute a parody in a way that doesn't inconvenience fans that don't get the reference. Great story, good writing, and a well-executed plot makes this one of the better episodes in one of the show's best seasons. A 5/5 episode.

I think this episode is a real classic. For me, when I first got the season 5 DVD, I really saw how great this was. I hadn't seen the episode in a long time, so when I had previously seen it, I was too young to get any of The Beatles references, but when I saw it on DVD, I was thinking, "Hey isn't that a reference to ______". I'm not even a Beatles fan, but the parodies were great. Still, it would've been nice to have a parody of the "Paul is dead" stuff.

I gave it a 5/5, or A. A wonderful, joke-filled flashback episode that expertly parodies the Beatles and includes some of the best Wiggum lines ever ("This bird's gotta fly!", "Eh, you're all under arrest"). It has "classic" written all over it. I love the songs, too.

I found this episode to be very easy to watch and to be qute entertaining. The referances in this episode were great and its easily one of the best episodes.

5/5

<-- Hmm, I wonder what I'll give this one. :D

Great episode; actually wasn't too impressed the first time I saw it but I love it now.

This was a really funny episode, but I've only ever given five episodes a 5.
(Lisa's first word, And Maggie makes three, Bart the General, Homer goes to college, and Cape Fear, which is my favorite episode)
It was definatly a great episode, but I think the swap meet part wasen't that funny(except Bart's line that he can't remember 5 minutes ago)

5/5 - awesome episode. Also no one (as of yet) has voted it below 3 so I think it's safe to say it is one of the best episodes of all time.

A pretty good episode but Season 5 has much much better episodes than this.

4/5

It does have an awesome joke though; "That's my son up there." "What, the balding fat ass?" "No, the Hindu guy."

That's a hilarious joke... I think so anyway...

I'm not a fan of Barabershop but I love this episode, one of the best of season five and an awesome Beatles reference. R.I.P George Harrison

5/5

Back