Votes: 48 15.9%
  • It had it's moments

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • not satisfying enough

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Low point for comedy everywhere

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
the funniest sideshow bob outing and an outstaning episode, the laughsare continuous and feature some of the moreclassic Simpsons skits (The Rake Scene) it's also funny to see Bob get out od jail

Ten Best moments

1) The Rakes
2) Sideshow Bob singing the entire score from the H.M.S. Pinafore
3) "The following people will not be killed by me"
4) "Remember.....you name is Homer Thompson"
5) "All hail Krull and his glorious new regime, signed, Little Girl"
6) "Alright this is deicated to Bart Simpson with the message, 'I am coming to kill you slowly and pinfully' 'hehehehehehehe, wipeout'"
7) "Surely theres no harm in lying in an open public street"
8) Lisas call to Moe and Moes Reacion
9) Homer out ruding Sideshow Bob
10) Sideshow Bobs parole trial "No thats German for, Thee Bart, Thee"
"No one who speaks German could be an evil man"

Honarable mention
------------------

Homer: Oh Flandes, won't you join me in my kitchen?
*waits pounding fist*
Homer: Heheheheheh
Wiggum: It dosn't work if you invite them into your house
Flanders: Hidily Hey
Homer: Go Home
Flanders: Tudily doo

Last edited:
6/5 , you might not think I can vote 120 percent , but you were dead wrong.... Really great episode.

Grade: A+

2nd best Bob episode (behind only "Sideshow Bob Roberts") to date. It does a great job parodying the storyline and atmosphere (minus the sexual tension) of "Cape Fear", mixing it with near perfect slapstick (the in/famous rakes, Bob's run in with the cacti, the parade) with ingenious side tangents ("Up Late with McBain", Lisa's pen pal letter) and absurd situational humor (Bob singing the score fro the "H.M.S. Pinafore"). It's not exactly the style I prefer from "The Simpsons", but there's no style that I would suggest the writers solely peruse, and this episode is the best of its kind as an atmospheric, parodic, slapstick farce.

One of the best episodes ever, A classic for sure, Absolutely hilarious episode "Bart ya wanna see my new chainsaw and hockey mask?" line has me in histerics every time, Great story to it too, 10/10. A+++

A VERY good episode which is incredibly funny. First, the flaws. The rake scene, while funny and memorable, goes on for far too long. That's the intention, since the writers needed to fill up some time. Some parts of the episode are absurd and cartoonish - Sideshow Bob being trampled on by elephants, the props used for HMS Pinafore - a drop-down British flag, a Playbill, etc. It seemed rather Looney Tunes at times. It may sound like I'm being overly critical, but I really do like this episode. My personal favourite parts include Homer still not getting the idea that he's now Homer Thompson, and the little homage to the opening credits, with The Thompsons.

yup, anoither fine episode from the Conan O' Brien era (I have the same birthday as him)

the rake scenes the best

his reactions priceless, and the way he just clamly changes irection after getting hit.

"niaaaagra"

5/5 So freaking hilarious!! The rake scene, Bob singing the score from the H.M.S. Pinafore, The Thompsons, Homer scaring Bart. It goes on like that. This one ties Sideshow Bob Roberts for best Bob ep, IMO.

5/5! Absolutely brilliant. One of the funniest episodes ever with awesome pacing. Arguably the best Sideshow Bob episode ever. And I love all of them.

Last edited:
One of Bob's best! 5/5

My Sideshow Bob ratings, from best to worst:

1)Brother From Another Series 5/5
2)Cape Feare 5/5
3)Sideshow Bob Roberts 5/5
4)Black Widower 4.5/5
5)Day of the Jackanapes 4.5/5
6)Krusty Gets Busted 4/5
7)Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming 4/5
8)Day of the Jackanapes 3/5

Mine's pretty similar to emetib's, but SSBR is at the bottom.

I have seen these one today at lunch time... and it was better than I remembered! I found something strange. Did you notice what´s wrote in Homer´s big cigar? "Knoxville World Fair 1983"... then 2 seasons later, we found that the fair was on 1982... it´s not important, but quite curious.

I asked Mike Scully to reopen this thread so I could R&R it, but now I don't feel like R&R'ing it because I'm lazy. I still want to discuss the episode though. Could someone who has contentious opinions about this episode please say something controversial so I can disagree with it?

nonstop humor. It's not exactly my cup of tea, and I still find it to be far from the funniest episode of all time. Hence, not the first option.

In the commentary for "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badassssss Song", David Mirkin mentioned that one of the great things about Homer is that when he's pushed to the side of an episode's plot, he can be the most valuable character on the show, because then everything he does or says is gold. I believe "Cape Feare" is the best example of that, and it's the reason I noticed this "sporadic Homer effect" long before Mirkin explained it in that commentary.

I remember one time when I watched this episode for the first time in a long while, and ended up laughing at seemingly every single thing Homer said or did and thought he'd never been funnier. I adore the scene with the Witness Relocation Program agents and Homer so much that I used to recite it verbatim to amuse my friends. And that's not to say that Bart and Sideshow Bob aren't fantastic in the episode too...it's just that even though this episode is about them, I'll always think of it as one of the finest examples of Homer at his best.

i don't get it. instand of killing Bart why was sideshow Bob singing the entire score from the HMS Pinafore? that was somehow kinda... stupid but other than that it was a good episode. 4/5

A++++ one of the best episodes of the Simpsons and one of the funniest too. Hard to beat the rakes part and Bob singing the HMS Pinafore. Oh how I love Kelsey Grammer.

imao the best ssb episode and a very good parody .and like many i think the homer thopsons sequence is the best.and a close secons is "Bart ya wanna see my new chainsaw and hockey mask?"

When I first saw this episode, I didn't like it that much because it was such a large departure from the previous Sideshow Bob episodes. However, after watching it many times since, it has grown to be one of my very favorite Bob episodes. The writing and animation are both excellent, making it a great last episode for the original writing staff.

Its one of the show's most well known episodes for a reason.

Nothing too heavy satire wise, but its just such an incredibly entertaining episode and it does it in a distinct way I can't imagine any other show doing quite the same way. The animation for its time was also excellent, some great use of shading. And every character was at their best balance here, especially Bart. It was also arguably Sideshow Bob's best moments in the series. You know you got some legendary moments in this, the thing with everything scaring Bart in bed, the scene where the Simpsons become the Thompsons, Bake em away Toys, Bob under the car, the musical scene in the end. Its all just great stuff, its probably one of the top 5 best paced and written episodes. Everything rolled out exceedingly smoothly. When a 20-25 minute episode feels much much longer you know the writing was pretty good.

Back