Votes: 25 13.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

beatles20147

Junior Camper
I did a search and didn't find a R/R topic for this so I figured I might as well start it.

For me, this is one of those episodes where the A-story is great but the B-story really isn't. I love the Leftorium and Flanders scenes but Bart's karate class/touch of death got old right after Homer's remark about Marge apologizing to the TV for the karate school commercial.

4/5

I think it's one of the first real classics. Homer was so mean to Ned in the beggining, and so nice to him in the end. It was really a touching episode, as well as an hilarious one.

5/5, absolute classy classic.

Mehhh, i say 3/5.

So many people complain about "Jerkass Homer", but so many love this episode. Go figure. Homer has never been as big a jerk as he was through most of this episode.

A great episode, where we see Homer at his cruelest, but fully realising the error of his ways. And the final scenes with everybody in the Leftorium was just pure class.

5/5

Definately 5/5 - probably is going to be a late-realized classic that we will rediscover.

I think it's great to see Ned finally fail at something b/c things always seems to go his way and then Homer helping him out in the end by finding all the left-handed people in town and getting them to go to their store. Truly beautiful. I think I'll go watch it on DVD now.

Drunk Barney said:
I think you find most people give it 4/5 if not higher!

Well, in that case, I change my grade to 5/5!

Before you make some useless comment, I should tell you that was sarcasm.

My grade's 3.5/5; I'll round it down to 3/5. It got better as it went along. The first act was the one that contained Jerkass Homer. The second act had good focus on Bart; it was OK, but sort of boring. The third act, on the other hand, helped set this episode on the right track. Both plots had good endings (funny how two wrongs sometimes make a right/the richest left-handed man in town), and left me with a good feeling in the end. This is why it ranks slightly above average in my books.

Great episode with a very strong subplot. I never skip it on the DVD, unlike some episodes.

A

(Wow, first post on this thread since 2005? lol)

Great episode, 4/5.

The B-story was good, but started to wear a bit thin after several scenes about it.

Loved the "Too far." bit.

Pacing was decent, but I didn't like how the episode branched out into the primary predicament. It had some nice heartfelt moments in there too, one being the scene where Ned get's ready to take off with his family, and I like how Homer finds several characters, all stuck in various situations in which they can't complete a task, Just saying that I found it clever that they slipped those in throughout the course of the episode.

Overall, 4/5.

4/5 - Homer was being a considerable jerkass for much of the episode but I found the redeeming feature of this episode the fact that he recognized that he was being a jerkass toward the end and sought to make amends accordingly. I find Homer's recognition of his own behavior to be somewhat lacking in some of the subsequent episodes

The storyline and script flowed well and I enjoyed the sub-plot involving Bart and karate. I also found Flanders's character development here much more consistent than it was in "Hurricane Neddy". The ending was unusually schmaltzy but it fitted well with the whole episode.

This was a good episode with Flanders losing everything and then Homer feeling guilty. Really enjoyed the story and such. Definitely a classic episode. 5/5

I saw this when I was child and I remember it as a very touching episode.
But, now, I think it's poorly animated. And the final chorus at the leftorium is too much "Frank Capra" for my taste. But, overall, is pretty decent.

I know, it's crucial to define the character of flanders but I prefer "homer Loves Flanders" in this line

B

Back