Votes: 21 16.9%
  • 2/5 Poor episode

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1/5 Very poor episode.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Drunk Barney

Stonecutter
A great episode, but probably only average for Season 7. But I always wonder this- Bart helped the bum get 800 million dollers and he doesn't give him or the family anything, except a couple of dollars!. I suppose that was the joke, but they should of atleast asked him, espically Bart or Homer.

4.5/5 A-

Last edited:
A good episode, but hardly the best in season seven. 4/5.

Drunk Barney said:
Bart helped the bum get 800 million dollers and he doesn't give him or the family anything, except a couple of dollars!
Homer was satisfied. 5/5, I enjoyed it and Kirk Douglas did some great voice work here.

A, The flexiable reality is really flexed here and then let go and flexed again even further, But an episode I've always enjoyed very much.

4/5
the flow slows down in too many places, but all the jokes are there

4/5

Being an Itchy & Scratchy fan myself, I really enjoyed this episode because it goes more in-depth of the show and is a great tale on the whole. My favorite scenes were the I&S cartoon "Itchy & Scratchy meets Fritz the Cat", the I&S parade: "Oh no, we're heading towards Bumtown! Speed it up!" and the old bum's dreams of royality: "I know what I'm doing with this, spend it on something I always dreamed of living in...a goooooollden house." Classic.

I really like this episode and the ending interests me. I think it's about Bart and Lisa's self-identity or something. B+

Slightly overrated, I just don't find it very enjoyable. Solid though - B

3/5. It had it's highs and lows, but as a whole was really an average episode. There were some hilarious lines in the courtroom and the Schoolhouse Rock parody was priceless, but the third act seemed to move pretty slowly and I'm not sure what they were trying for with the resolution, but it didn't work. One of the lesser attempts from a great season.

I love this episode (especially Lester and Eliza and the School-house Rock parody.) A/A+

I really liked this episode. The plot has some problems and it's quite unbelievable...I mean, the bum just appears from nowhere and says he was Itchy and Scratchy's creator. Also the ending is a little disappointing the first time you see the episode, but that was the idea, I guess.

But looking at the gags and the Itchy and Scratchy segments -and another things like the Amendment sequence-it was a fairly enjoyable and very memorable episode...the ending is the most memorable part just because it is so dissappointing the first time you watch it :D ...so I think it finally works as well as the rest of the episode. 4,5/5

I like this episode, there are some great meta-references and humor doesn't stop, and the plot is solid. It isn't as good as most of the other Itchy and Scratchy episode, but still above average for the season. B+

While some of the plot points are a bit unbelievable, maybe even a little ridiculous, I still quite like "The Day the Violence Died". The pacing is kind of slow, but I appreciate that because it allows you to get more involved in the story. The parodies were great (especially the Schoolhouse Rock parody and the Fritz the Cat parody) and there were some great lines (I like the bit in the courtroom where Alex Rocco starts listing characters that have ripped-off people and he says Chief Wiggum. lol)

The ending to this particular episode is among my favorites, actually. You're set up to believe that Bart and Lisa are going to save the day, but then they get screwed over for Lester and Eliza. Disappointing, maybe, but it's certainly memorable and darkly humorous. I love it when Bart notes that there's something that's quite not right here and then you see Lester sinisterly skateboard by (in a parody of The Rear Window, maybe?) The ending is so bizarre and perhaps cruel, but it's great. Bart and Lisa know there's a disturbance in their universe, but they're not quite sure what.

4.5/5

This is how proper satire is done in this series. While not the best of Season 7, it provides plenty of laughs and amusing spoofs. I actually didn't like the ending the first time I watched it, but on rewatches, I grew to appreciate it more.

4/5

I found the characterisation way off, but apart from that, it's a good, funny episode.

A-

Starman said:
I found the characterisation way off, but apart from that, it's a good, funny episode.
A-

How was the characterisations off? Bart and Lisa loved I&S as usual, and teaming up together is standard. Homer didn't have many problems, either.

Anyway, excellent episode. A/A-.

It was nothing special but a very enjoyable episode not as good as the other Itchy and Scratchy episodes but good nonetheless.There were many good jokes and I liked the ending with Lester and Eliza and Manic Mailman saving Itchy and Scratchy as well as the Apu thing but Krusty's estranged wife didn't work.4/5

In Amon said:
How was the characterisations off? Bart and Lisa loved I&S as usual, and teaming up together is standard. Homer didn't have many problems, either.

Anyway, excellent episode. A/A-.
The first scenes had major characterisation ploblems. It's really obvious if you look into it.

Back