Votes: 65 34.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
One of the better points of S9, but Natural Born Kissers and Lost Our Lisa just outdo it. 4/5

Hmmm, I'm gonna go for a solid B on this one. The satire is a little heavy handed and too much time is spent on Homer but there are laughs to be had and I enjoy the ending.

Carolyn Omine said:
One of the better points of S9, but Natural Born Kissers and Lost Our Lisa just outdo it. 4/5
I completely agree. Natural Born Kissers is my own favourite episode from the Scully era. And, that said, it won a poll dedicated to designate the best episode from the Scully era, IIRC.

5/5 One of my favorite episodes from any season. The NRA meetings were quite comical.

A quote from the beloved episode: "A gun is not a weapon Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or..... or an alligator."

Completely hysterical and, outside of Lisa's Sax, the best episode of season 9. I regularly quote this one moreso than almost any other:

"I've already come this far...I wonder what my life would be like if I robbed the Kwiki Mart?"

"This is the trigger and this is the thing you point at whatever you want to die!"

"...TV said that?!"

"I'd kill you if I had my gun!"
"Yeah, well, you don't."

A+, or 5/5 material, for sure.

A contender for the best episode of season 9. Especially considering it's Mike Scully's first, it's very good. I found the entire plot, and the ending, extremely funny, Homer waiting for the gun was absolutely hilarious. I didn't find Homer to be badly characterised, either, and Homer going back on his promise twice worked well into the ending. Fantastic episode, A

This was a great satire on both sides of the handgun debate, and one of season 9's best episodes. I'm probably in the minority, but I was watching Season 9 last week with my best friend and fellow Simpsons-fanatic, and we both agreed that it was a much stronger season than it is often given credit for.

Cartridge Family: Great plot, great jokes, great social commentary and great title! A

This is indeed one of the best Scully episodes and of course one of the best from Season 9, it is packed with gags and humor and the plot itself is really good, since we get to know what Homer would do if he had a gun.

Certainly a 5/5

It's um, it's good.

Homer's an ass for a reason, talks about a general subject in a mature and a neutral but sardonic way..it's good.

My shortest review ever. lol

4/5

Ridiculously overplayed in syndication, but still a ton of fun.

4/5

It's pretty good; it's one of the better season 9 episodes. Not a favorite, though.
3.5/5

5/5. You wouldn't think they could make an episode about guns hilarious and also not preachy, but they did. I also love all the soccer and rioting jokes in the first act.

Back