This Little Wiggy: 5/5
Simpson Tide: 5/5

The Trouble with Trillions: 4/5
Girly Edition: 5/5
Trash of the Titans: 5/5
King of the Hill: 5/5

Lost Our Lisa: 4/5
Natural Born Kissers: 5/5

While I love this season. I think it's safe to say this one is the most inconsistent so far and this is when the bad episodes begin to crop up. Thankfully there's only 2. The Armin Tamzarian episode and the clip show. Lisa the Simpson is an episode I have mixed feelings towards. I loved the subplot and the Lisa plot is somewhat relatable but the episode is quite underwhelming and has a dumb ending. However, given the rating. I don't hate this episode as I think it's alright.

Last edited:
My Opinion on Season 9:

25: The Principal and the Pauper, (4/10: Poor)
24: All Singing, All Dancing, (5/10: Average)
23: Trash of the Titans, (7/10: Good)
22: Bart Star, (7/10: Good)
21: Bart Carny, (7/10: Good)

20: Natural Born Kissers, (8/10: Great)
19: Dumbbell Indemnity, (8/10: Great)
18: Lisa the Skeptic, (8/10: Great)
17: Lisa the Simpson, (8/10: Great)

16: The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, (9/10: Love)
15: Lost Our Lisa, (9/10: Love)
14: The Trouble with Trillions, (9/10: Love)
13: Girly Edition, (9/10: Love)
12: The Last Temptation of Krust, (9/10: Love)
11: Simpson Tide, (9/10: Love)
10: Realty Bites, (9/10: Love)
9: Miracle on Evergreen Terrace, (9/10: Love)
I think this episode captures the point of the show wonderfully and most of the jokes land. Way too overhated.
8: Treehouse of Horror VIII, (10/10: Best)
7: Lisa's Sax, (10/10: Best)
6: This Little Wiggy, (10/10: Best)
5: Das Bus, (10/10: Best)
4: King of the Hill, (10/10: Best)
3: The Joy of Sect, (10/10: Best)
2: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, (10/10: Best)
1: The Cartridge Family, (10/10: Best)

This season isn't quite as perfect as most of the seasons before it but I still love this season and put it as a part of the golden age to the show. Yes, this is also the season that has the infamous The Principal and the Pauper episode. I think while a lackluster and stupid episode, it gets way too much hate.

Last edited:
The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson: 3/5
The Principal and the Pauper: 2.5/5
Lisa's Sax: 2.5/5
Treehouse of Horror VIII: 2.5/5
The Cartridge Family: 1.5/5
Bart Star: 1/5
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: 3.5/5
Lisa the Skeptic: 1.5/5
Realty Bites: 2/5
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace: 0/5
All Singing, All Dancing: 2.5/5
Bart Carny: 3.5/5
The Joy of Sect: 3.5/5
Das Bus: 2/5
The Last Temptation of Krust: 3/5
Dumbbell Indemnity: 2/5
Lisa the Simpson: 2/5
This Little Wiggy: 1.5/5
Simpson Tide: 2/5
The Trouble with Trillions: 1.5/5
Girly Edition: 1/5
Trash of the Titans: 2.5/5
King of the Hill: 2.5/5
Lost Our Lisa: 3.5/5
Natural Born Kissers: 2.5/5

Highlights: The Last Temptation of Krust, The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, The Joy or Sect, Bart Carney and Lost Our Lisa
Honorable mention(s): Natural Born Kissers & The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
Low points: The Trouble with Trillions, Lisa the Skeptic, Girly Edition, Bart Star and Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
(Dis)honorable mention(s): The Cartridge Family & This Little Wiggy

A bit of an improvement over Season 8 (unpopular opinion: Worst classic season), but ultimately still worse than a lot of what came before it. Like last season, quite a few episodes are boring but don't have those unique elements within them that makes them stick out the same way Season 8's did. The highlights of this season all suffer from the same problem of being good episodes that run out of momentum in the last act, an issue that would continue in later seasons like 13 and also prove that even the classic era was guilty of this.

And based on what's next, it's all downhill from here in terms of the Scully era. Season 10 feels like stagnation (the jury's still undecided as to whether that's a good or bad thing until after I've rewatched it) and Season 11 is... Yeah...

At least this season's worst episode (Miracle on Evergreen Terrace) doesn't leave a huge permanent black stain on the season like last season's even if it's still really terrible (yes, even worse than The Principal and the Pauper).

I should maybe end this on a positive note so um... The DVD set has the best of the covers for 6 through 10, and it's the only one to highlight that it contains a milestone on the front.

A bit of an improvement over Season 8 (unpopular opinion: Worst classic season)
I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. Season 8 was easily the weakest and most inconsistent up until that point (with the possible exception of season 1).

@B-Boy I consider it to be an unpopular opinion based on what I've seen, and the fact that quite a few episodes that are considered "Classics" (You Only Move Twice & Bart After Dark) I only rate as high as a 2.5 with most of them being rounded down. Hell, some episodes don't even get the luxury of that extra .5 (The Twisted World of Marge Simpson & Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious) Not sure what your thoughts on Homer's Enemy is, but an unpopular opinion we share for this season is that My Sister, My Sitter isn't good.

As for Season 1, regardless of quality it gets a pass for the fact that they were trying to find their footing (and in my opinion, wouldn't until about halfway into Season 2).

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson: 3/5
The Principal and the Pauper: 2.5/5
Lisa's Sax: 2.5/5
Treehouse of Horror VIII: 2.5/5
The Cartridge Family: 1.5/5
Bart Star: 1/5
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: 3.5/5
Lisa the Skeptic: 1.5/5
Realty Bites: 2/5
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace: 0/5
All Singing, All Dancing: 2.5/5
Bart Carny: 3.5/5
The Joy of Sect: 3.5/5
Das Bus: 2/5
The Last Temptation of Krust: 3/5
Dumbbell Indemnity: 2/5
Lisa the Simpson: 2/5
This Little Wiggy: 1.5/5
Simpson Tide: 2/5
The Trouble with Trillions: 1.5/5
Girly Edition: 1/5
Trash of the Titans: 2.5/5
King of the Hill: 2.5/5
Lost Our Lisa: 3.5/5
Natural Born Kissers: 2.5/5

Highlights: The Last Temptation of Krust, The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, The Joy or Sect, Bart Carney and Lost Our Lisa
Honorable mention(s): Natural Born Kissers & The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
Low points: The Trouble with Trillions, Lisa the Skeptic, Girly Edition, Bart Star and Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
(Dis)honorable mention(s): The Cartridge Family & This Little Wiggy

A bit of an improvement over Season 8 (unpopular opinion: Worst classic season), but ultimately still worse than a lot of what came before it. Like last season, quite a few episodes are boring but don't have those unique elements within them that makes them stick out the same way Season 8's did. The highlights of this season all suffer from the same problem of being good episodes that run out of momentum in the last act, an issue that would continue in later seasons like 13 and also prove that even the classic era was guilty of this.

And based on what's next, it's all downhill from here in terms of the Scully era. Season 10 feels like stagnation (the jury's still undecided as to whether that's a good or bad thing until after I've rewatched it) and Season 11 is... Yeah...

At least this season's worst episode (Miracle on Evergreen Terrace) doesn't leave a huge permanent black stain on the season like last season's even if it's still really terrible (yes, even worse than The Principal and the Pauper).

I should maybe end this on a positive note so um... The DVD set has the best of the covers for 6 through 10, and it's the only one to highlight that it contains a milestone on the front.
your ratings seem very harsh in my opinion, In my opinion The Cartridge Family is one of the best episodes in that season

@benjovi2004 Sorry. In my opinion the plot was boring and there weren't very many actual jokes to be found (which will continue to become a recurring problem during Scully's tenure).

@benjovi2004 Sorry. In my opinion the plot was boring and there weren't very many actual jokes to be found (which will continue to become a recurring problem during Scully's tenure).
Wow! I reckon it's got to be among the densest episodes of the entire series joke-wise.

Not sure what your thoughts on Homer's Enemy is, but an unpopular opinion we share for this season is that My Sister, My Sitter isn't good.

I'm two minds about Homer's Enemy. I see what they were going for, but it's a difficult episode to watch and it very much sets the stage for the nihilistic and mean-spirited ethos of the Scully era. I don't really care for it.

@B-Boy Well sure, if you're a fan of people acting reckless with guns which I'm not and it's what makes up most of the episode's jokes. Same for why I don't find Weekend at Burnsie's very funny as I don't care much for lazy stoner humor.

First watched Homer's Enemy back in 2008 and didn't care for it much back then, and it's one of those episodes that looks worse the more you look back on it despite it already being DOA when it first aired. Biggest negative takeaway I get from it was how there purposely dumbed down Homer (and everyone else to a lesser degree, but I will stress that he's NOT Jerkass Homer here) in order to make the plot "Work" even though it doesn't. But I'll give them credit that they owned up to this.

Couldn't even finish the episode during my recent rewatching of 8, gave up as soon as the subplot was over which was one of the only few bright spots in an otherwise draining experience.

@B-Boy Well sure, if you're a fan of people acting reckless with guns which I'm not and it's what makes up most of the episode's jokes. Same for why I don't find Weekend at Burnsie's very funny as I don't care much for lazy stoner humor.

First watched Homer's Enemy back in 2008 and didn't care for it much back then, and it's one of those episodes that looks worse the more you look back on it despite it already being DOA when it first aired. Biggest negative takeaway I get from it was how there purposely dumbed down Homer (and everyone else to a lesser degree, but I will stress that he's NOT Jerkass Homer here) in order to make the plot "Work" even though it doesn't. But I'll give them credit that they owned up to this.

Couldn't even finish the episode during my recent rewatching of 8, gave up as soon as the subplot was over which was one of the only few bright spots in an otherwise draining experience.
I haven't seen that episode in a long time and I never want to see it again. Seeing Frank Grimes kill himself when Homer drove him crazy was painful and unfunny. To me, it's still one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

I know this is a post that is over 2 years old but why do you consider Miracle on Evergreen Terrace a 10/10? Just curious.
I love how dark this episode is. The first act with Bart burning down the tree is classic and it just gets darker and more mean-spirited as the episode goes on but it never fails to amuse and entertain me.

I especially loved the ending when their left all alone in the house with nothing but the dish cloth and still manage to make the best of it.

Having recently re-watched this season I've updated my rankings.

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson - 10/10
The Principal and the Pauper - 1/10
Lisa's Sax - 7.5/10
Treehouse of Horror VIII - 8.5/10
The Cartridge Family - 10/10
Bart Star - 6.5/10
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons - 7/10
Lisa the Skeptic - 9.5/10
Realty Bites - 8/10
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace - 10/10
All Singing, All Dancing - 1/10
Bart Carny - 7/10
The Joy of Sect - 8.5/10
Das Bus - 10/10
The Last Temptation of Krust - 5.5/10
Dumbbell Indemnity - 7.5/10
Lisa the Simpson - 9.5/10
This Little Wiggy - 9/10

Simpson Tide - 7.5/10
The Trouble with Trillions - 4/10
Girly Edition - 7.5/10
Trash of the Titans - 8/10
King of the Hill - 9.5/10
Lost Our Lisa - 9.5/10

Natural Born Kissers - 10/10

Average: 7.6/10

Huge step down from season 8 and the first post-classic season in my books. Still a great one overall though and better than anything that comes after it for sure.

I personally prefer the next season over this one but it's still pretty great, I personally like Scully's style quite a bit (even if I haven't seen S11/12 yet)

The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson - 4.5/5
The Principal and the Pauper - 4.5/5 (unpopular opinion sure but I found it interesting)
Lisa's Sax - 4.5/5
Treehouse of Horror VIII - 3.5/5
The Cartridge Family - 4.5/5
Bart Star - 3.5/5
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons - 4/5
Lisa the Skeptic - 2.5/5
Realty Bites - 3.5/5
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace - 2.5/5
All Singing, All Dancing - 0.5/5
Bart Carny - 3.5/5
The Joy of Sect - 4/5
Das Bus - 4/5
The Last Temptation of Krust - 3/5
Dumbbell Indemnity - 4.5/5
Lisa the Simpson - 3/5
This Little Wiggy - 4.5/5
Simpson Tide - 4/5
The Trouble with Trillions - 4.5/5
Girly Edition - 4/5
Trash of the Titans - 4/5
King of the Hill - 5/5
Lost Our Lisa - 5/5
Natural Born Kissers - 5/5

I will (correctly I would wish) update for every season R&R thread WITH some my comments

Great (5/5)
«The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson»
95 (A)
«Lisa the Simpson» 88 (B+)
Very good (4.5/5)
«Lisa the Skeptic»
87 (B+)
«The Joy of Sect» 87 (B+)
Good (4/5)
«King of the Hill»
83 (B)
«Simpson Tide» 81 (B)
«Trash of the Titans» 81 (B)
«Realty Bites» 81 (B)
«Dumbbell Indemnity» 80 (B)
«Lisa’s Sax» 80 (B)
«All Singing, All Dancing» 79 (B)
«This Little Wiggy» 78 (B)
«Natural Born Kissers» 77 (B-)
«Miracle on Evergreen Terrace» 77 (B-)
Solid/OK (3.5/5)
«Treehouse of Horror VIII»
75.33 (B-)
«Lost Our Lisa» 73 (B-)
«The Trouble with Trillions» 70 (C+)
Decent (3/5)
«The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons»
69 (C+)
«The Last Temptation of Krust» 68 (C+)
«The Cartridge Family» 68 (C+)
«Bart Carny» 67 (C+)
«Girly Edition» 67 (C+)
Mediocre (2.5/5)
«Das Bus»
66 (C)
«The Principal and the Pauper» 64 (C)
«Bart Star» 63 (C)

Average score 76.173 (B-) (GOOD) big down from season 8
Count of really good episodes (81+) 8 - almost a third of season
Count of really bad episodes (57-) NONE

My personal favorites, despite how I put them in my "rating", but I felt something to these episodes after just first watching:
«The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons»
«Lisa the Skeptic»
«Miracle on Evergreen Terrace»
«All Singing, All Dancing»
«Dumbbell Indemnity»
«Lisa the Simpson»
«This Little Wiggy»
«Simpson Tide»
«Trash of the Titans»
«King of the Hill»
«Lost Our Lisa»
(shocked myself, how much I had chosen😮)

Season premiere «The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson» is in my personal TOP-10 overall episodes and is the best travel episode. The next 3 episodes make a list of TOP-100. «Trash of the Titans» is the best "milestone" episode in my view, so far
With that, «Bart Star» is the earliest episode, which put in my BOTTOM-100

The season includes almost all of the showrunners. With that, there was various of different styles: funny, stupid, absurd, emotional, already legendary etc. Can say, in my opinion, it was the last good season in the further 24 years, despite all

The season includes almost all of the showrunners. With that, there was various of different styles: funny, stupid, absurd, emotional, already legendary etc. Can say, in my opinion, it was the last good season in the further 24 years, despite all
Also the last season of what you consider to be the golden age too. Now you move on to Seasons 10 onwards. To be fair, there are some great classics in S10 like Lisa Gets an A, Mayored to the Mob and Mom and Pop Art.

Worst - 1/10
25. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
: This is an episode I find hard to go back and rewatch honestly...and while I understand that it does have its fans, I just can't bring myself to rewatch it

Hate: - 2/10
24. Bart Carny
23. The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons
22. The Cartridge Family

Dislike - 4/10
21. Simpson Tide
: For the most part, this episode is still rather boring, but its lower mainly due to the presence of the G Slur. I know it is in other episodes too that I love, 2 episodes currently come to mind, "Lisa's Substitute" & "The President Who Wore Pearls".
20. The Last Temptation of Krust
19. Dumbbell Indemnity
18. Lisa the Simpsons
: The whole "Simpsons Gene" ruins this episode for me honestly. I also do wander where Allison Taylor & Herbert Powell were in this episode. I could of seen Allison try to help Lisa but Lisa sees that as Allison teasing her, while Herbert...well, he's basically the proof you need that the "Simpsons Gene" is utter crap.

Meh - 6/10
17. Lost Our Lisa
16. All Singing, All Dancing
: What I said on my original ranking still stands here, that I don't hate it as much as everyone else but I just as easily don't care about it, especially with YouTube, iTunes & Spotify existing
15. Reality Bites

Okay - 7/10
14. The Trouble with Trillions
: This was originally a meh episode, but after a rewatch, it does have a good few moments mostly in the first 2 acts, the last act with Cuba is where the episodes loses me
13. Girly Edition

Like - 8/10
12. Trash of the Titans
11. Natural Born Kissers

Love - 9/10
10. The Joy of the Sect
9. Treehouse of Horror VIII
8. The Principal of the Pauper
: So...this is probably controversial as its now rated higher than I originally put it in my previous ranking. What I said then still stands, I don't hate it but I understand why people do. Honestly, I do love the first act, and I feel like if it were written differently, it could of been a good episode (also, one of Ralph's best moments is from this episode imo).

Best - 10/10
7. This Little Wiggy
6. Lisa the Skeptic
5. Das Bus
4. Bart Star
: So yeah, this episode is higher too, and the main reason for it is nostalgia honestly. I still have problems with it, such as how Lisa was written in the episode & how the episode ended. I do think it could of worked but under different circumstances. I did originally say I was going to do a review of this episode, but I never did (at least, I don't remember if I did or not)
3. King of the Hill
2. The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
1. Lisa's Sax

Top 5 Guest Stars:
Don't think there is enough good ones for a Top 5 honestly, also completely forgot to do this, lol
3. Hank Hill
2. Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon
1. Lionel Hutz

There are notable changes from my previous rankings, I've put some episodes higher and some episodes lower. Not really much to say honestly

Last edited:
Reactions: Lis
The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson - 5/5
The Principal and the Pauper - 4/5
Lisa's Sax - 5/5
Treehouse of Horror VIII - 5/5
The Cartridge Family - 5/5

Bart Star - 3/5
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons - 4/5
Lisa the Skeptic - 5/5
Realty Bites - 4/5
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace - 3/5
All Singing, All Dancing - 2/5
Bart Carny - 4/5
The Joy of Sect - 5/5
Das Bus - 4/5
The Last Temptation of Krust - 5/5

Dumbbell Indemnity - 5/5
Lisa the Simpson - 5/5

This Little Wiggy - 3/5
Simpson Tide - 5/5
The Trouble with Trillions - 3/5
Girly Edition - 5/5

Trash of the Titans - 5/5
King of the Hill - 5/5

Lost Our Lisa - 5/5
Natural Born Kissers - 4/5

score = 4.32

Favourite episodes: The Cartridge Family - 5/5, The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson - 5/5, The Joy of Sect - 5/5, King of the Hill - 5/5, Lisa the Simpson - 5/5

bottom episodes: Miracle on Evergreen Terrace - 3/5, The Trouble with Trillions - 3/5, Bart Star - 3/5, This Little Wiggy - 3/5, All Singing, All Dancing - 2/5

My Updated Thoughts on Season 9:

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson: 10/10
The Principal and the Pauper: 5/10 (Not the worst but very unnecessary)
Lisa's Sax: 10/10
Treehouse of Horror VIII: 10/10
The Cartridge Family: 10/10
Bart Star: 10/10

The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: 8.5/10
Lisa the Skeptic: 9/10
Realty Bites: 10/10
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace: 10/10

All Singing, All Dancing: 7/10 (I know I disliked the other 2 clip shows but this one is a guilty pleasure for me. I found Snake to be funny in this one and the family singing and talking brings back nostalgia for me)
Bart Carny: 9/10
The Joy of Sect: 10/10
Das Bus: 10/10

The Last Temptation of Krust: 8/10
Dumbbell Indemnity: 8.5/10
Lisa the Simpson: 8/10

This Little Wiggy: 9.5/10
Simpson Tide: 9/10

The Trouble with Trillions: 7.5/10
Girly Edition: 10/10
Trash of the Titans: 8/10
King of the Hill: 10/10
Lost Our Lisa: 10/10

Natural Born Kissers: 9.5/10

Average: 9.5/10

I think this season was definitely the last season of the golden era. Rewatching this season felt like watching a childhood friend for the last time before they moved out of the suburbs into the city.

I just wanted to be the one to post this. This is my favorite season.

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson: A
The Principal and the Pauper: C+
Lisa's Sax: B+
Treehouse of Horror VIII: B
The Cartridge Family: A-
Bart Star: B
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: B
Lisa the Skeptic: A+
Realty Bites: A
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace: B-
All Singing, All Dancing: C+
Bart Carny: B+
The Joy of Sect: A
Das Bus: A+
The Last Temptation of Krust: B
Dumbbell Indemnity: B
Lisa the Simpson: A
This Little Wiggy: B
Simpson Tide: B+
The Trouble with Trillions: C
Girly Edition: A+
Trash of the Titans: A
King of the Hill: A+
Lost Our Lisa: B-
Natural Born Kissers: B
After 12 years later, I'm curious as to how you would rate these episodes.

About the same, with the notable exception of Lisa the Skeptic. I'd probably give that one a B now. Not sure why I loved it so much then.

Back