Rate and Review: "Mobile Homer" (GABF07)

How would you rate tonight's episode?

• Total voters

Mike Scully

and now i have slapped a king
This week, it's a Homer and Marge marriage-on-the-rocks episode.

From SNPP: When Marge throws Homer out of the house yet again, it's a good thing Homer has a new RV...then again, it's not so good, considering that Marge threw him out because he bought it after he was convinced by his friends that Marge wouldn't let him make any financial decisions on his own.

You can view details and speculation at preview/speculation thread

Thread will be closed until episode finishes airing! So come watch at 8/7C to catch Tim Long's latest trademark zany ending. Rerun of "Sleeping With the Enemy" airs at 9/8C.

2.5/5. Weak start, the whole garage scene was pure jerkass. Some very violent moments, which were hard to enjoy. Did get better with time.

Congrats to MS for his first honorary R&R thread.

2/5 -Because the jokes were not funny like when Lisa and Bart went down the runaway truck exit the not ready yet joke has been used a million times before and none of the jokes made me laugh out loud. When Homer put his hand in the shredder the blood look and when the spiders were all over his face it was just ugly. The ending with the Turkish shipping boat was just thrown together so the writers could end the episode. Some things that could of have made the episode better at the end would to put in a joke about Turkey or the ending would be a different ending. But my main problem with this episode was it was too much like other episodes such as Call of the Simpsons with the RV being important or Screaming Yellow Honkers where there’s a joke about SUV rollovers. At least Jerkass Homer wasn’t too apperent or anyone else was a total jerk.

For Mike Scully's first R/R thread:

badger-5-15-03mhRechristen.jpg

I didn't see the whole thing... didn't capture my imagination in terms of what I saw. That's all.

Kind of a slow start--I enjoyed the "Cyprus-splitting" joke and Lisa's line about divorce and paperwork.

to sum it up in one word: boring. plot seemed unimaginative, the jokes were dull, and couldn't really capture my interest. snooze. 2/5

Yeah, it was slow in the beginning but it got alot better, i thought it was pretty good and funny. I liked seeing that RV guy again.

4/5

3/5, because it wasn't too bad overall but some parts were fairly weak and/or predictable.

4/5 The ending sucked as always, but alot of the show was really good and had me laughing. And that Joke about Jesus trying to Kill flanders...

BEST ... JOKE... EVER!!!

Hard to vote.
While the story was pretty all-over-the-place, it was focused in principle. Basically a simple premise compunded with lots of wacky stuff including trailer park mayhem, RV car chases and Turkish hash boat dinners. That was the stuff I didn't really care for, but by the same token, a premise as simple and somewhat boring as the one here kinda needs this sort of stuff to juice it up. Basically it may have been better if the episode were not made to begin with due to too simple of a story idea. However, there was definitely enough to salvage it. The first act was incredibly solid the whole way through with a good assortment of gags and a good start to the rest of the episode. I'll have to watch this again to review properly. Right now I'll go with 3.5 or so. Somehow this one reminded me of "Brake My Wife, Sleaze", another Homer vs Marge episode doomed to relative forgettability.

PS: That ending was messed up, reminiscent of Scully style. They need to fix this up. Last week's episode ended a little weirdly too.

I loved the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas song in the show. Funny about the Turkish boat scene. 4/5

This was the first truly awful episode of season 16 which is such a shame. I honestly didn't laugh once. Instead of Marge and Homer's fighting being funny, it was just boring and retarded to watch. Bart and Lisa were the only highlight of the episode but even that wasn't too great. Marge came off so incredibly irritating throughout the entire episode that I just wanted to change the channel. A big disappointment. 1/5

damn this episode seemed like it was only 10 minutes long.. it was good, ending sucked.. 4/5
haha i found it funny when that turkish guy siad "do u want me to put some hashesh (weed in arabic) in her food."

caffolote said:
I loved the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas song in the show. Funny about the Turkish boat scene. 4/5

That's just "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses. It was in "Marge in the Lam" 11 years ago too. It didn't have anything to do with GTA in this case or the other.

3/5
just because there is an RV doesn't make the episode anything like 'call of the simpsons'. great couch gag. i loved everything about when the people were living in the backyard. i loved when they played welcome to the jungle :D even though it's the 3rd time they've used it. i enjoyed all the jokes, homer locking himself out of his own trailor sticks out in my mind. and the jesus joke was classic

the only parts that i couldn't stand were homer shredding his hand, that was just disgusting. i didn't care much for the ending to say the least

Last edited:
totempoll said:
damn this episode seemed like it was only 10 minutes long.. it was good, ending sucked.. 4/5
haha i found it funny when that turkish guy siad "do u want me to put some hashesh (weed in arabic) in her food."

Weed and Hashish are not the same thing.

Pat said:
to sum it up in one word: boring. plot seemed unimaginative, the jokes were dull, and couldn't really capture my interest. snooze.

Pretty much my feeling. Liked the callbacks to Bob's RV Roundup and Merry Widow insurance, but pretty uninspired on the whole. Worst of the season.

Enjoyed the music at the end though. Always good to hear TMBG and Johnny.

1.5/5 (2 for the poll)

So why does Alf hate Victoria Principal?

This one was alot better than Tim Long's last Marge/Homer relationship episode. The story, while over the place, remained focuesed and was better developed. It was also funnier. That being said, the humor was a mixed bag. I don't want to see anymore blood and gore gags, THOH aside. Nice to see some inspired animation direction for once. I also found this one to be better than Call of the Simpsons, and unlike When You Dish Upon Star, there was a reason for an RV chase. The ending, like a previous Tim Long episode this season (She Used to Be My Girl) had an unresolved conclusion. 3/5 on the poll, B-/C+

Best couch gag in ages I might add.

2/5, very boring and uninteresting. And having bob voiced by someone other than Albert Brooks.

Quick reaction:

3.5/5

Could have done with less slapstick, but at least it wasn't Jerkass slapstick. Lots of laugh-out-loud funny lines. "I could have married Sideshow Mel," "You go into work at 10:30, take a nap on the toilet, then spend the rest of the day Googling your name" "How'd you know that?" "You shout it during lovemaking!", "Drinking beer out of a thermos like an animal," "You think brushing your teeth is foreplay." Flanders/Jesus thing was borderline offensive, and I don't really get the joke. Weak, tacked-on ending. Homer was insensitive, but in response to Marge's nutty frugality, so I don't think it qualifies as Jerkass material.

Anyway, best episode this season... but it's an extraordinarily weak season.

2.5/5

It was okay. The beginning was pure "Jerkass Homer" and there were too many Homer in pain gags. The episode at best made me grin but never laugh out loud. The SUV's rolling over was the best part but the ending was horrible. As some one else said, it was just thrown in there to end the episode and really had nothing to do with the actual storyline. Mediocre episode at best IMO.

Couch gag: Absolutely brilliant...

...ten years ago, when Bob was still trying to kill Bart.

I thought it was a good episode, although it is one of my least favorite episodes of the season so far. I was surprised to see the Bob's RV Roundup salesman from season one. 3.5/5

Homer takes off his face, to reveal he's really Sideshow Bob. He then chases Bart with a knife.

I actually liked it and felt entertained. Only part that I didn't like was Homer's hand in the shredder. I said "Ew" outloud. The parts I did like:
-Marge slamming the microwave door in frustration
-Homer babbling while running around in the yard
-Bart hitting Homer with the chair when he needed oxygen
-"You're a bread compartment!"
-"I'm Marge Simpson! Don't eat off the floor!"
-Homer's line about if the kids live in his RV, they'll have Christmas tomorrow

Oh yeah, and I think the "Wifetime" channel name was taken from Family Guy. I don't care, though.

They all sit on the couch and Homer takes off his mask, and it's actually Sideshow Bob. Bart screams and runs around as Bob chases him with a knife.

And Again, Jesus Joke was the best joke ever.

Back