Rate and Review: Lisa the Iconoclast

R+R LTI

• Total voters
What's wrong with the ending?

I really struggle to see how people rate this lower than 4/5. IMO it's an amazing episode and it pretty much perfect. The humour is spot on, the plot is great, Homer is in perfect character as too is Lisa. I just think this episode has everything, humour, plot, everyone in good character and even some emotion. I think the ending is pure class- and back to my question what's wrong with it?:)

Drunk Barney said:
I really struggle to see how people rate this lower than 4/5. IMO it's an amazing episode and it pretty much perfect.

It's a pretty good episode. Donald Sutherland did some of the best guest work the show's ever seen. The story wasn't so hot, but the relationship between Homer and Lisa shown is really sweet.

"I've been called a greasy thug too, and it never stops hurting."

Upon rewatching, it is pretty damn good, thus a 4.5 out of 5. I still don't like the ending too much...it's a bit conflicted, and contrary to Mr Lisa Goes to Washington, but I suppose in a way it's a life lesson.

"The myth of Jebediah has value too. It's brought out the best of everyone in this town. Regardless of who said it, a noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

It is pretty damn good. Nice song over the credits too.

It's an underrated gem. It shows the true nature of Jebidiah Springfield, and Lisa has a decision to make, whether or not to prove her theory. I think the ending is good, it th town has patriotism and Lisa doesn't want to ruin it for them. Homer was also really funny. Only thing that bugs me about it is that three episodes in a row followed the (Simpson) the (Adjective)

Just mentioned in another thread how underated I think it is
A+ even though I'm still torn on the ending, I kind of belive its never right to lie in any situation but its still probably accurate for Lisa's character.

Very underrated. Homer/Lisa plot was really sweet and Lisa didnt act like a PC thug for once. 4/5 because the rest of the family seemed to have been forgotten.

Definitely underrated. I enjoy it a lot more now since the Columbus parades have been a big controversy here (Colorado, and elsewhere in the country I'm sure) for the last two or three years, which makes it especcially interesting. Its a good character story, hilarious throughout, and the ending (letting the myth be the belief for the greater good) was an interesting and unique take on it. Not quite one of my favorites, but pretty close, and certainly undermentioned. A

I don't say this very often, but Lisa Simpson is the greatest hero in American history.

Well, maybe not, but this episode was simply great. Lisa was great, Homer was great, Donald Sutherland was great, even the ending (IMO) was great. Season 7 is my favourite season, and I'll remember it for episodes like this one. 5/5!

If it was good all around, why did you only give it a 3/5?

I liked the ending to this one - it made sense not to reveal the secret to the crowd, as much as I originally wanted her to. If she were to reveal it, I would doubt that it would have been possible to give the episode a good ending.

4/5

An excellent episode. One of my favourites from season seven. A+

what a fantastic episode.

"...you, and your children, and your children's children......for 3 months"

I thought this episode was nothing special, the only part that I really liked was Homer's characterization. The rest was incredibly average. B-

I love the ending, the story structure and the characterization. I've always thought it was a little light on laughs, though. Still a 4/5 for me.

It's an underrated gem. It shows the true nature of Jebidiah Springfield, and Lisa has a decision to make, whether or not to prove her theory. I think the ending is good, it th town has patriotism and Lisa doesn't want to ruin it for them. Homer was also really funny. Only thing that bugs me about it is that three episodes in a row followed the (Simpson) the (Adjective)

Correction: Its (Simpson) the (Noun)

Though, a valid point. The naming conventions for episodes have worn thin. I wish they would stop trying to find a clever name for every episode and call it what it is.

This was a very strong episode. It makes an excellent point about history (particularly American history). The only other way it could have ended is if Lisa brought out the truth, but they decided to not correct the books as it was too much trouble.

Love the sniper scene. It is just so wrong, unexpected, and likely accurate. The kicker is that they actually shot! It misses by some Maxwell Smart type luck.

A great episode of Lisa, and one of her best characterizations at the whole series.
I particularly love the ending when she decides to keep quiet to avoid disappointing the springfieldians. That's probably the more adult attitude she has shown at the series, and that point definitely raised her characterization to one of its highest levels.
But it's also great in humour, and the plot is extremely well-written. A clear 10/10.

Back