Votes: 44 28.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not as memorable an episode as the majority of Season Six, but this outing has a nice premise, and features a welcome return for Fat Tony and his mob. Johnny Unitas and Dick Cavett were very disappointing and added nothing to the episode, but there were some hilarious moments, including Krusty only owing $42, Homer putting 'speed holes' in his car, and changing his identity, only to still face accusations.

It was pretty good, and quality wise, it was about an average Jean era Homer gets a job and nearly gets killed episode. It had some weird gags like Krusty getting those implants and the Hamburglar thing but thankfully these were minimal. A lot of great gags too, and it was nice to see Fat Tony again. A-

A nice, laugh filled episode that provied plenty of laughs and gets a few chuckles from me even after watching it for about the 7th time. Some gags were quite funny "To murder a funny man, would be a crime". Though, the whole thing of Homer getting in trouble because he looks like someone who the bad guys are after is a bit toonish, but still, a good fun effort. A

Full of laughs, and it's always nice to see Fat Tony. 4.5/5

I really love this episode, Without a doubt this is one of my all time favourites. A+

Hands down, one of the best episodes ever. No matter how bad a mood I'm in, if this episode's on, it totally cheers me up. It's just too damn funny to pass up. The $48 bit at the end was gold. 5/5

Funny episode, another gem out of season 6. Homie the Clown provided lots of laughs. I especially enjoyed Homer trying to ride that little bicycle and always failing. Although I think the best episodes are the satirical ones, there's nothing wrong with episodes that are just lol-funny, like this one. 4/5 (9/10 on my scale).

Probably not one of the better season 6 episodes, but it's still a solid 4/5. There was a lot of great humor all the way through, but Homer's motive for going to clown college was a little spontaneous and weird, so I can't give it a perfect score.

4.5/5 - This episode is wickedly hilarious and provides some of the best moments in the show.

Grade: A

It's a wacky Homer-gets-a-job episode where Homer nearly gets himself killed with hilarious results. That first line is not sarcastic either, but the episode is very successful nevertheless. This episode's big draw is its gags. Homer building a circus tent out of his potatoes a la "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", the Krusty plastic surgery sequence reminiscent of "The Twilight Zone", or Ned's Bible saving him like Teddy Roosevelt, Krusty repeatedly shocking Homer (the jumpy animation here is perfect), Homer nearly killing the Krusty Burglar, the Baggy pants line, Krusty betting against the Harlem Globetrotter, the "Where is Springfield" gag where Homer answers "Homer", "Burn that seat", Lisa alluding Homer as a bastardized version of Krusty, the "Gigantic Asses" magazine, "You mean like that bozo, Bonko the Clown?", the Steve Martin "Excuuuuuse Me" and George Carlin "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV" bit, and the Krusty infomercial just to name some of the gags. And aside from maybe the impulsive Homer behavior, there isn't any faulting the characters, and Homer and Krusty just shine throughout the episode. One or two bad gags and a thin plot keep away the +, but more than funny enough to earn an A.

Good episode, they should bring back Don Vitorio for another episode.
I liked the ending too, with Krusty owing the Don 48 bucks and getting 2 bucks change. Don't know why but I like that.

This episode is easily one of the best from Season 6; it's hilarious with and has many great jokes and gags. Also, i'd say it is also one of the best episodes with the Springfield Mafia.

5/5

Last edited:
5/5 This has to be one of my favourite episodes. Most of the jokes are funny. Some classic moments such as Flanders being shot, the speed hole gag and scenes from the clown college.

Back