Rate and Review "Funeral for a Fiend" (KABF01)

No matter what, its not the Italian Bob.

• 5/5

Votes: 76 27.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 109 38.7%
  • 3/5

Votes: 57 20.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • I'll take marriage to Lillith over this episode

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

Kiyosuki

Profound Sadness
WATCH EPISODE ONLINE

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8085/sideshowbobbyspacecoyotyl5.jpg

(with full credit due Spacecoyote (spacecoyote.deviantart.com)

In tonight's episode Marge becomes obsessed with commercials (eh...?) because Keith Olbermann made fun of her for fast forwarding through them in a dream. This is all a part of a diabolical plan by Sideshow Bob to finally end the family once and for all. Things go astray however leading to a series of events which may lead to Bob's unexpected demise.

David Hyde Pierce returns as Cecil and John Mahoney, whom played Frasier and Niles' father Martin, plays Bob and Cecil's father in his first appearance. Daphne shall be played by nothing.

Last edited:
Oh crap I forgot to make the votes public, I have an enormous migrane today.

it was actually very good. best sideshow bob episode since brother from another series

I think a 3/5. It was pretty good, but somehow a lot of the material felt...rehashed.

I did like Bob's family a lot; they needed more screen time.

Opal again?

Did Al Jean rehire some of Mike Scully's producers?

Eh, there was absolutely nothing special about this one, even with the union of Sideshow Bob's family.

2.0/5

I loved this episode. It might be the best Sideshow Bob episode since Sideshow Bob Roberts. The first act moved along quickly and got to the restaurant quickly, where the episode really picked up. I don't want to give away the plot to anyone at this point, but I think that most people could figure out what was happening. It was nicely put together in a way that recalled The Black Widower and had some really nice injokes. A

I know I'll probably be in the minority on this, but I think it was the best Sideshow Bob episode since the classic era. While I saw the big twist at the end coming, I think it still worked because of how it was executed.

The first act was a lot better then I expected. Marge's commercial obsession was kept to a minimum and it was fun and light. I loved the frog commercial.

Also, I want to mention the good use of Homer as a gag character in that one. He was kept pretty restrained and funny, only used when he actually had something funny.

I'm kind of sleepy so I don't have much to say, but I'll give it a 4/5.

I'm impressed! Very very good, for the most part. Homer had some GREAT lines.

The entire scene at the fake rib house was great, Homer was just ON.

Good story, plenty of good jokes, everybody acting in character...

The opening scene with Moe at the electronic store was great, as was Homer getting batteries.

The Marge / Tivo scenes were a little pointless, but did lend to a few funny jokes.

I liked the element of mystery, and hey, I just love Bob episodes.

3.99 / 5...

Amazing. No matter what, they never get a Sideshow Bob episode wrong. There wasn't a single joke throughout that hit a sour note with me. Also, they didn't go off on side tracks to fill up the episode. They managed to keep everything related to the plot.
The entire plot of Bob's was extremely complex yet brilliant. I loved the inclusion of every family member especially the introduction of the new characters. The restaurant scene was done flawlessly, and the trial was perfect. Bob's plot at the end was predictable, but it was roundabout enough to make it exciting.
Best episode of the season. 5 / 5

1/5

Terrible. One of the worst episodes I've ever seen. Homer's one-liners all sucked and 90% of the jokes didn't even make me smirk

The very first joke (with Moe buying the TV) went on way too long. And of course, they just can't finish an Itchy & Scratchy episode without one of them talking. Why do I&S talk in the later seasons?? It never enhances the cartoon and it's always been a pet peeve for me

Opal needs to go away. The Oprah references are stupid. Do one of the writers have a thing for making fun of Oprah and makes sure one joke about her gets put into the script during a re-write?

Also, Bob seems stupid now. He isn't the character he used to be. Oh man, and the Lenny joke with Bob's mother blew also. The echo joke should have been completely cut. So very weak

The only highlight was Krusty song and the clowns paying their respects. Other than that, truly one of the worst Simpsons episodes I've ever seen and easily my least favorite Sideshow Bob episode

This wasnt bad. I do expect better out of Sideshow Bob episodes but it was passable. I guess I just wanted more of Bob.

Did anyone else figure out how he faked his death before it was revealed? I'm a theater major so I did only because it's basically what Juliette does in Rome & Juliette and the Shakespeare references were laid in early which I thought was clever writiing.

It was good I just wish it had been better and had more of Bob. 3/5

Nothing in the episode was really funny. And what was with the explanations? It seemed like every single joke and action was explained. The viewers aren't mentally challenged, the writers need to learn that.

I think developing the Bob story more and cutting out the entire beginning would have worked. They could have just made the family see Bob's commercial and go from there. Why have Homer and Bart go battery shopping, Marge watch tonnes of TV, then tonnes of ads? Almost the entire first act felt pointless.

My Rating: 4/5

I really liked this episode. Most Simpson fans have heard the rumors they were killing off Sideshow Bob, and we were looking for when and how.

When the laptop exploded, I thought this was it. But then in the courthouse, we thought that was it. And we may have even expected him to get killed off for good during the ending in the creamation hall.

Excellent suspence, and some pretty decent jokes. Here are some of my favs:

Homer walking past everyone hawking products in the electronics store -- even the lady saying "have sex with me."

The television show spoofs on TIVO.

The laptop exploding on Sideshow Bob.

Dr. Hilbert's "ew I'm touching a dead man."

Excellent episode with, the only thing I really didn't find all that entertaining was the nightmare/dream sequence which convinced Marge to watch commercials in the first place. But other than that, it was an excellent episode.

*I have not read the other posts yet, so if this sounds familiar then I apologize.

Best Sideshow Bob episode since "Brother from Another Series"(granted, that's not saying much).

5/5

Back