Rate And Review: Christmas Crime (Family Guy, LACX07)

How was this Christmas episode?

• 5/5

• 4/5

• 3/5

• 2/5

• 1/5

• 0/5

Results are only viewable after voting.

HomerFan1998

SuperFriend
1652712074856.png
Season 20, Episode 10
Original Airdate:
December 19th, 2021
Writer: Steve Callaghan
Director: Mike Kim
Synopsis: When Mayor West's nativity scene is ruined, Brian is seen as the prime suspect.

Previous R&R
Next R&R

Last edited:
All right folks, the poll is now up. So feel free to say what you guys think of this Christmas episode

NOPE!! Fucking terrible shitty episode! Took them 20 years but they finally made one that's not only in the same tier of terrible as their very first Christmas episode, but also one that's actually WORSE!! Hell, I'll even go as far as saying that this is so far the show's worst episode period as there's nothing redeemable in it and I ultimately pulled an AD! by just quitting the goddamn thing without finishing it!

There's two things I took from this episode, both obviously unintentional. The first being that I now get where people are coming from when they say that the show's characters are terrible as by the end nobody is likeable for varying reasons whether they come across as completely self-centered and narcissistic because of the holidays (the Griffin's minus Brian) or an unappreciative asshole who criticizes when the person who did the wrong (Brian) actually tries to make up for it (Mayor West)!

The second is that I can also now see why there are people out there that actually hate Christmas as this episode demonstrates how it's like money where it can expose an ugly and selfish side of people! Might as well change the old saying of "Money is the root of all evil!" to "Money AND Christmas are the roots of all evil!"

MERRY BAH FUCKING HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!!

0/5

This is going to be another of those "somebody has been watching the show since Meg was uncredited, and is not in the 'selective continuity' camp when it comes to character traits" rants, but Brian's complaints about Christmas seem to differ almost entirely from "Road to the North Pole" - 2/5.

Okay, I'll ask: which of the writers had the problem with Spirit that led to that slam?

This is going to be another of those "somebody has been watching the show since Meg was uncredited, and is not in the 'selective continuity' camp when it comes to character traits" rants, but Brian's complaints about Christmas seem to differ almost entirely from "Road to the North Pole" - 2/5.

Okay, I'll ask: which of the writers had the problem with Spirit that led to that slam?
Peter once lost his Christmas spirit four years ago, until it was Brian's turn this year. But if I remember correctly, Lois lost her Christmas spirit last year. So I kinda thought 'The First No L' was a bit terrible at first. And for me, this Christmas episode (Christmas Crime) was okay for me. 3/5

NOPE!! Fucking terrible shitty episode! Took them 20 years but they finally made one that's not only in the same tier of terrible as their very first Christmas episode, but also one that's actually WORSE!! Hell, I'll even go as far as saying that this is so far the show's worst episode period as there's nothing redeemable in it and I ultimately pulled an AD! by just quitting the goddamn thing without finishing it!

There's two things I took from this episode, both obviously unintentional. The first being that I now get where people are coming from when they say that the show's characters are terrible as by the end nobody is likeable for varying reasons whether they come across as completely self-centered and narcissistic because of the holidays (the Griffin's minus Brian) or an unappreciative asshole who criticizes when the person who did the wrong (Brian) actually tries to make up for it (Mayor West)!

The second is that I can also now see why there are people out there that actually hate Christmas as this episode demonstrates how it's like money where it can expose an ugly and selfish side of people! Might as well change the old saying of "Money is the root of all evil!" to "Money AND Christmas are the roots of all evil!"

MERRY BAH FUCKING HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!!

0/5
The quote is that the LOVE of money is the root of evil, not money itself. However, I agree with your sentiments about this episode.

Mayor Wild West is still and will remain a dreadfully dull character and this episode shows him off like a drunken sailor with a botched tattoo. The great Sam Elliot* plays him though so I have to take my hat off to the creators.

They tried the same unfunny joke at least three times: Meg the egg, we got another yawnsome argument between Brian and Glenn and then we had another one of those 'Stewie wants to be a couple with Brian' 'jokes'. I lost count of the number of times we had that Chinese teddy bear 'gag' shoved down our throats too.

LAME

*Again, literally who. I recently saw the awful film Roadhouse and discovered he also had a bit part in that where he played the same generic biker tough guy side character he played in the only other film I've seen him in: Mask.

Last edited:
Guess I'm the only person that liked this episode. It's nowhere near the worst of the show, nothing remotely close.

Usually, with Family Guy, I sometimes dislike episodes when I first see them and I warm up to them later. Like the "Rock Hard" episode. I thought it was boring and an excuse for the writers to use as much exposition as they can, but once I got it, I thought it was hilarious. "You wanna see if it's as big as they say it is?" is one of my new favorite quotes from the show.

I have the feeling this episode will get even better the more times I watch it. I'm just glad I don't have to warm up to this one because there were a lot of funny bits here. 3.5/5

@edwithmj, By that logic, the love of Christmas ultimately exposes evil/ugly sides of Stewie, Lois and Mayor West! Stewie who sells Brian out so that Christmas isn't cancelled and he can still get his stupid fucking panda toy, Lois who implies that she's happy that Brian's going to jail if it means they can get the Hallmark channel back and Mayor West chastises Brian for his attempt at fixing the manger by sinking as low as to say that "It's like you killed him twice!". THEN WHY THE FUCK RELEASE HIM FROM PRISON IF YOU WERE JUST GONNA SHIT ON HIS LEGIT ATTEMPT TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT?!?!?

This episode honestly felt like some of the worst modern AD! ones where there's only one "Good" or least bad character (Brian) while everyone else is either an unlikable piece of shit (Mayor West and the other Griffins) or guilty by association (everyone else). Hell, it's very easy to picture this being an episode of AD! (Stan being the one who accidentally destroyed the nativity) as their semi-annual shitty holiday episode as it's on-par with some of the worst ones like Season's Beatings!

They tried the same unfunny joke at least three times: Meg the egg, we got another yawnsome argument between Brian and Glenn and then we had another one of those 'Stewie wants to be a couple with Brian' 'jokes'. I lost count of the number of times we had that Chinese teddy bear 'gag' shoved down our throats too.
Yep! All the classic "Gags" of a generic bad episode of the show, just now set at Christmas and somehow three times worse than normal!

Oh, let's also not forget another tired example of Quagmire getting mad at Joe over something extremely insignificant (claiming Life is a Highway is a Christmas song).

lol why did you put a mad reaction on my comment, sorry i had a different opinion lmfao

I never thought I say this. But this is the worst Christmas episode ever. This tops last years' The First No L. All the characters were so unlikeable and out of character. I couldn't stand Brian. All he ever did was complained that all Christmas was ever about was money. He sucked the life out of everything. He could at least try to enjoy the holidays with the family. But it took him ending up in jail to understand the meaning of Christmas. Also, I'm having second thoughts on Wild West being the mayor. He is so boring and I want to take back positive review on Wild Wild West. At least Sam Elliot is giving it his all but I wished they had picked Burt Ward. Lois and Stewie were worse because Lois wants the Hallmark channel back and Stewie wants a toy. At least American Dad makes better Christmas episodes. Okay there were bad ones too but at least American Dad is better and creative. This is the all time worst Christmas episode and Family Guy ended the year with thud. 0.5 A big fat 0.5!

I thought this episode was okay. I can see why some people love it, and some people hate it. I love how they tried to create a sentimental episode with Brian and actually created a sweet ending. On the other hand, I think the plot is very cliche, and one I think we've seen before with Brian in the same position before (I wanna say, Pawtucket Pat??) I like the character of Mayor Wild West, but compared to Adam West he gives such a dull and grating performance. Some of the gags in this episode were really funny. Almost everything with Joe was hilarious, Meg's eggs, and I liked the panada gags especially the end with Stewie giving the Panada, Lois's credits cards. 3.5/5 rounded down to a 3/5.

Back