Rate and Review: "Burping contest"

How would you rate Burping Contest?

• Total voters

Jerkass Homer

Assassinated Monarch
(I have decided to only make one or two R&R threads for shorts, a week)

This is probably one of the weaker ullman shorts, still decent though. 3/5

Man... Lisa was so different back then. "That's what I said, it's fun!" (And no, I don't want this to become another flame-war lead by ThankYouComeAgain)

I found the burping got pretty tiresome even for a 2-minute short, and the lip-synching at the end was really bad. I mean, REALLY bad. 2/5

Anyway, this is probably one of my favourite shorts. Like zartok said, Julie Kavner's line delivery is just great here. And I love the simplicity of the whole thing, yet it still has a substantial amount of humour. Yes, Lisa is not like her character in the full-length series, but the original intention of her was to be a female Bart, and I think the dynamic of two siblings having a burping contest worked really well. Also, love Maggie's burp near the end.

5/5.

For me, this is one of the weaker shorts, never really been keen on it. 2.5/5, 3/5 at best. Not the worst short, but the worst of it's season.

Ruin the manners and giving bad example to the viewers? I don't know, it's... GREAT!:aww: I liked such satire (but a brief French joke didn't put here, imho)

Plot - 4.2/5
Comedy - 4.6/5
In summary 4.4/5 downed to 4.
*Burp* Execuse me

This one is actually enjoyable and funny. The funniest part was when Marge said "Burp, I mean Bart!" That was a hilarious classic mistake! The ending was also funny as well. Overall, such a funny short. B

Back