• D- Diaster.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • F FAIL

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Drunk Barney

Stonecutter
A classic

A really fun episode espcailly the 3rd act. Everyone in great character too.

A+

PS I started a thread a few days ago about how do you grade, well my answers in the poll

I really disliked the idea of Mr Burns having a son. I didn't even believe it. But I guess it doesn´t mind when the episode is as funny and enjoyable as this one. And Larry Burns is a pretty funny character too. Loved the use of "Anyway you want it" by Journey at the end. It's an A-.

Raher poor by Season 8 standards. Granted it was a funny episode, but the whole thing just didn't really seem to have much of a point to it. Larry Burns was a pretty funny one off character though and it was nice to see how similar he is to Homer and all they have in common. A little bit thin though in that there wasn't even that much direct interaction between Larry and Burns and considering father and son haven't seen each other in 20 years or something you think there would be more communication between them than what was shown. Well anyway its ok. B-/B

I must admit you got a point there CP. The story was a little silly. But that's what the third act was about. Larry and Homer were trying to get Mr Burns to say that he loved him. Larry wanted to talk and to love him but Mr Burns didn't want it. That was shown clearly at the end.

Maybe Ive overestimated my "A+" grade. But at the end of the day, it was funny had a fun plot and everyone was in decent character. As for the plot I'll re-watch sometime and still see if I like it. A+ for now though (if anyone cares!)

It was a good, fun episode but a bit average. At least they didnt keep Larry. C+

It was alright, but inconclusive, basically a storyline purely for one episode, not a continuity. Compared to the rest of Season 8, it wasn't great and could have been much better. B-

OK well I LOVED this episode -not only do I rate it 5/5 but I consider it a classic. The episode was very well-written and there were so many great one-liners. I liked the character of Larry and found his character development to be very good -in fact I wish we had seen more of him (sadly I know this is no longer possible). Rodney Dangerfield played his character very well and I think he would probably be one of my favorite guest stars. All in all, a great episode

Larry was a great one time character and really worked well but I do kind kind of agree that it should have revolved more about Burns and Larry than Homer and Larry but it was funny and worked well anyway.B

This was a strong and well written episode, and didn't carry any flaws. Despite the revelation of Burns turning out to be a father, it didn't have that horrible Scully feel to it, like plots similar to those do.

A

One of my favourites. Rodney Dangerfield voice was really great.
This ep' has all the ingredients for being a classic...
good writing...
nice animation...
great performances...
great music...
AWESOME
A

Pretty funny, but other aspects made me like it less. One of the weaker season 8 episodes IMO. C+ (3/5)

Back