Rate and Review : Brother From Another Series

What the fuck's a Brother From Another Series?

• 2/5 - Oh, yeah! Shake it, madam. Capital Knockers.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Butters

Stonecutter
Ah, someone who's a fan of "Frasier"'s going to love this. There's a lot of in-humour that I'd never catched before I had seen "Frasier", like the title card between one of the scenes. Kelsey Grammer gives a terrific performance as Sideshow Bob, and David Hyde Pierce gives a brilliant preformance as Cecil, Bob's Brother. If you close your eyes when Bob and Cecil are conversing, you might actually think you're listening to an episode of "Frasier", as both actors talk exactly the same way they do on the show. On with the actually episode, the plot was very nicely done, and the Bob and Bart team-up in act 3 was kind of fun, and Cecil really worked well as an evil genius, and not just a nod at "Frasier". The characterisations were solid. There were no scenes of Jerkass Homer, Commander Cool Marge, Pushy Lisa or Straight-Man Bart. The gags in the episode were pretty funny too, Wiggum's debate with Lou and Lisa, and Cecil guessing that Bart was Marris (Marris is the unseen wife of Niles on "Frasier") were both hilarious. I found this episode to be quite good and I certainly would pick it over any episode from sixteenth season, for sure. A+

People who say Cecil should return ought to be hung.

Entertaining and witty. Definetely Ken Keeler's finest 30-minute credited TV slot. Well, on The Simpsons.

Last edited:
Nice episode, and like all good mysteries, it has a twist in the tail.
A good idea to bring in David Hyde Pierce as brother of Kelsey Grammer, and to have Bob as the good guy for a change.
I've hardly ever seen Frasier, but I find the shows parody fits in well.
Bart and Lisa are good, trying to uncover the truth.
I've also gotta mention that pipe - Ooooh, it's gotta hurt!
8/10

Butters said:
The characterisations were solid. There were no scenes of Jerkass Homer, Commander Cool Marge, Pushy Lisa or Straight-Man Bart. The gags in the episode were pretty funny too,

Well yeah it's season 8.

Anyway yes very good episode A I think I might prefer it to Cape Feare, though it's definatley not as good as Sideshow Bob Roberts.

Homer_Thompson said:
Well yeah it's season 8.
Well, I thought that the decline began in Season 8, so in a lot of my pathetic reviews I mention the characterisations.

average episode, i find it quite boring to watch now after i've seen it a few times. not bad at all though. 7/10.

Who would've thought that Bart and Sideshow Bob would EVER get along?

4/5

Butters said:
Well, I thought that the decline began in Season 8, so in a lot of my pathetic reviews I mention the characterisations.

Yeah but certainly not jerkass homer, straight man bart, kooky marge or pushy lisa.
If you think these are fairly common traits of season 8, your very very wrong, and it's irrelervant to mention that these things are absent, because you wouldn't do it in season 2.

Homer_Thompson said:
Yeah but certainly not jerkass homer, straight man bart, kooky marge or pushy lisa.
If you think these are fairly common traits of season 8, your very very wrong, and it's irrelervant to mention that these things are absent, because you wouldn't do it in season 2.
Well, Jerkass Homer popped up in quite a few episodes of Season 8. The other three were starting to form, although there were no scenes that yelled out there presence.

Actually I think in one of my loser reviews for Season 2 I did mention it. Actually, I think in a few of my earlier reviews I mention it. My reviews are mainly written so I can put them on my site to pass off as content on when there's a slow week with nothing interesting happening. Most my reviews a pure nonsensical babblings singling out good/bad points and not bothering to elaborate on the points. That stupid image system I set up to coincide with the reviews makes me have to fill up several gaps so that the review is as big/bigger than the images height it's self. Most of the time, I find myself adding unnecessary "points" just for the sake of it. "the animation on the scene where Homer falls down was tremendous. it looked so realistic. lauren macmullen is a genius. i mean, it looked so realistic. you can't deny it. it looked so realistic". The only reason I post my reviews here is mainly because some of it makes sense, and whereas for the most part, utter gibberish, it still gets most of my opinion across; and justifies it a bit better than simply just saying: "Good. A+".

Butters said:
Well, Jerkass Homer popped up in quite a few episodes of Season 8. The other three were starting to form, although there were no scenes that yelled out there presence.

Nah certainly no more than season 5.

5/5
Certainly Kelsey Grammer's finest performance on The Simpsons. (It contains his all-time favorite line: "You don't spend ten years as an homicidal maniac without learning a few things about dynamite.")

I am blindly devoted to the things/people I love. I'm a Frasier fan and a Simpsons fan, and they meshed perfectly here, not unlike Nutella and jam.

(I am weird, therefore I do not use peanut butter)

Besides, I adore Sideshow Bob, and I liked using another Frasier cast member as Cecil.

So...5/5

Its a good solid episode. Excellent Frasier parody, and as I am a fan of that show as well I thorougly enjoyed this episode.

Favourite quote: "Shake it madam. Capital knockers"

4/5

Back