Rate and review: Boy-Scoutz N the Hood (1F06)

What do you think of BSNDH?

• Gets 5 stars on the jacket.

Votes: 68 49.3%
  • Sugar, do-do-do-do do!

Votes: 58 42.0%
  • Not so Okay-bookay!

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Nah!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I hate this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm out of here!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Another classic from the fifth season. All the elements of a classic here: Plenty of one-liners, a decent plot structure, almost perfect characterization, and a nice musical number. Loved the seagulls coming out to sea to die, and the dolphins telling the quartet they're going to die. There isn't much satire, but hey, watch another episode if you want satire and emotion. This one works for me.

Everything except for them being lost is gold. The father son picnic is probably one of the funniest scenes in the show's history. The ending was not very good. Homer smelling his way to a Krusty Burger in the middle of the ocean? Come on we can think of a better ending than that. B+/A-

George Cauldron said:
Another classic from the fifth season. All the elements of a classic here: Plenty of one-liners, a decent plot structure, almost perfect characterization, and a nice musical number. Loved the seagulls coming out to sea to die, and the dolphins telling the quartet they're going to die. There isn't much satire, but hey, watch another episode if you want satire and emotion. This one works for me.

Exactly what I was going to say! :D 7/10 But just so this isn't a wasted post, I'll leave you with a few one-liners that I loved:

--Flanders: "Godspeed, little doodle."
--Bart: "'Don't do what Donny Don't does.' Ohhh..."
--Homer: "Oh, there's a New Mexico."

This was a great episode, GC summed it up nicely. 9/10. My fav. line was:

Bart: "We were just planning the Father/son river rafting trip"
Homer: "Heh heh, you don't have a son"

Last edited:
One of the best elements in this episode are the problems Homer has with his brain.

The whole money can be exchanged for goods and services gag was gold.
And then when Homer thinks saying yes to the rafting trip will solve the problem of him not wanting to go.

I think that was the best use of that type of gag in the series.
Overall, a solid episode, one of the better of S5. But yes, there was a crappy ending. B+

This one was fairly good; again for the reasons GC said, therefore I'll give it a 'B'.

Grade: B+

Funny enough, even if a tad flawed. My biggest issue, what keeps it from the A range, is Homer's role in the episode. Him picking on Bart when he joins the junior campers is funny enough at first, but becomes downright irritating when it persists throughout the episode. And much of the raft ride isn't as great as it good of been either, again mostly due to Homer's wacky antics. That said, the rest is really fun to watch. Everything with Bart's sugar binge, whether it be the musical number or Lisa's "The few, the proud, the geeky" when he recovers. And Ernest Borgnine sticks out as one of the best self-played guest stars of the show. And, of course, the "Don't do what Donny Don't does" passage. Great.

9/10

I like this episode a lot. If the ending you guys are criticizing is the final scene (the Friday the 13th parody), then yes I agree with you.

5/5. Being a fan of Gene Kelly musicals, the On The Town parody is one of the highlights of Season 5 in my eyes. Classic one-liners all round and one of my favourite episodes!

Grade: B+

Funny enough, even if a tad flawed. My biggest issue, what keeps it from the A range, is Homer's role in the episode. Him picking on Bart when he joins the junior campers is funny enough at first, but becomes downright irritating when it persists throughout the episode.
Actually, I don't even think Homer made fun of Bart on more than 2 occassions (when Bart was in his room and when Homer's chair broke), and when Homer did make fun of Bart it was hilarious. "[singing] Egghead likes his booky-books!" :lol:

For me, this episode gets a 5/5. Great characterizations all around, and I love when Homer's not in the leading role of the episode because it makes every line he says pure gold. Also, I think the raft ride was perfect because even if it was a bit slow, it was still crammed with jokes. I think I can safely say that this is one of my favorite episodes of all time, and from my favorite season.

Some memorable parts:
"We're saved! Seagulls only go out to sea to die! (plop)"
Homer slapping the crap out of Flanders
"Money can be exchanged for goods and services"
And Homer's sugar dance.

I used to not like this episode. However, I currently think this is a solid episode with a good plot and many laughs. My only complaints are slightly annoying Homer and a rather cop-out ending. Still, 4/5

In an age where we complain about an obnoxious Homer, this episode's portrayal of him hasn't aged too well. But this was still a very funny episode, with Homer's hatred of Flanders being at its best. And the Bart/Milhouse musical spoof is still one of the best in the series.
4.5/5

decent plot structure

classic here: Plenty of one-liners, a decent plot structure, almost perfect characterization, and a nice musical number. Loved the seagulls coming out to sea to die, and the dolphins telling the quartet they're going to die. There isn't much satire, but hey, watch another episode if you want satire and emotion.

A solid episode from season 5 it had many great lines and a good plot but they could of came up with a better ending.

Lines: 5/5
Plot: 4.0
Overall: 4.5

Back