Votes: 65 39.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 46 28.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Not great, but not that bad. Homer's cut jokes went on too long and some other parts were stupid, like the end, but most of the episode was alright. 3/5 C+

Yes the end was odd. The episode for me felt "half glory year" and half "Scullish". So a mixture of excellent and OK.

Homer is incredibly irritating in this episode, I can usually cope with a bit of jerkass Homer but I hate him here, but still other than that its ok
C

Good but not great. Homer is a little irritating, but I don´t think he was more annoying here than in some Mirkin´s episodes like A Star Is Burns. I´ll give it a 4/5.

Ye Homer is a little annouying but not too bad. BTW Cartoonnetwork apostrophes are ' not`. Sorry had to say that!

B+ 4/5. Good episode but slightly overrated, sometimes seen on peoples Top 50's. I don't actually think Homer was too bad in this ep, and even if he was his apology to Bart at the end atleast made up for some of it. Loved the KOTH gag and Bart filling in for Nelson was very funny too. The cup scene was good but went on a bit too long really.

Homer_Thompson said:
Homer is incredibly irritating in this episode, I can usually cope with a bit of jerkass Homer but I hate him here, but still other than that its ok
C
Yeah, I was hoping someone would say it, still a nice episode. 3/5

It's just an "OK" episode; One of the many of S9 episodes that were at a crossroads between "Silver era" & "Scully era." B/B+

2/5. I really didnt enjoy this at all. Homer was just too much of a jackass

Ryan said:
2/5. I really didnt enjoy this at all. Homer was just too much of a jackass

I agree; Homer's personality took the whole show down. Would be a 3/5 without Homer, 2/5 with. IMO this is about where the episodes as a whole started to sink below average.

3.5/5 Nothing really special about this ep, not one of my faves but will watch it once in a while.

" C-U-P. I wanna C-U---Oh my God..! "

Added half a point for that, pretty funny.

3/5; it lost points mostly because the "jerkass Homer" thing got pushed a little too far. (As always)

2/5 becuse of the 'Jerkass Homer' thing. Also because it was boring and forgettable.

Jerkass Homer? Complete And Utter Twat Homer more like.
And what's with the C-U-P/Oh My God thing, was that supposed to be funny, or am I missing something subtle??

On the plus side though, there were some good jokes, and the video game and end credits were pretty funny. So I'm going to give it a (generous) 3/5.

Last edited:
yeahbutnobut said:
And what's with the C-U-P/Oh My God thing, was that supposed to be funny, or am I missing something subtle??

I wanna see you pee :-X

Anyway I don't really like this episode. Homer needs a good punch and the story is incredibly boring and predictable.

Just saw it Friday, a good episode, nothing spectacular, I really liked Nelson's performance and the Skittlebrau conversation, I gave it a 4/5, but I think it's more like a 3.5/5

4/5
It get from me, is a pretty great episod lots of good jokes plus a strong manuscript.

There were some lame bits in this episode, but there was more good bits in the episode too. The cup jokes wasn't funny at all, and Homers characterization was bad. The end credits was funny, though. I'll rate it with 3/5.

Yeah, this is a season 9 episode. Homer's casual malevolence here is so typically Scully as the default characterization. It really does seem like the staff thinks that making Homer loud, rude, and obnoxious is inherently funny. Even when he becomes nice to Bart, he's still written to be as annoying as possible, with almost every scene possible filled with his ridiculous about-face faith in Bart. Tiring, made worse by its sitcomish plot (even if the episode mocks sitcom cliches, the Joe Namath scene for instance). Helped a bit by still crisp joke writing thankfully, even if the episode alternates between funny and juvenile. C

Yawn, typical season 9 blandness. There is no interesting conflict to speak of. I could care less if Homer was a good coach, or if Bart would forgive him. There are a few amusing gags here and there, but meh. C

Back