Ranking the future episodes

sideshow ken

Stonecutter
I love the future episodes and I hope they make more. Here is how I rank them from best to worst.
1. Holidays of Future Passed
2. Lisa's Wedding
3. Barthood
4. Bart to the Future
5. Future - Drama
6. Days of Future Future

How would you rank them?

Hasn't there been more then 6? Anyway from that list;

1. Holidays of Future Past
2. Barthood
3. Future-Drama
4. Lisa's Wedding
5. Bart to the Future
6. Days of Future Future

1. Lisa's Wedding
2. Bart to the Future
3. Future-Drama
4. Holidays of Future Past
5. Barthood

Haven't seen Days of Future Future

the definitive list!

lisa's wedding >>>>>>>>>>>>>> barthood >>>>> holidays of future past > future drama > days of future future > bart to the future

any ep past barthood is interchangeable cuz the rest are beyond terrible (and barthood isn't anywhere close ta good!)

1. Lisa's Wedding
2. Barthood
3. Holidays of Future Passed
4. Future-Drama
5. Bart to the Future
6. Days of Future Future

I didn't see Barthood on first airing, but walked away pretty impressed by it on repeated viewings. Holidays of Future Passed is probably a more honest episode about what will probably happen to the characters, but it's kind of a bummer seeing how unhappy Bart and Lisa become as adults.

Lisa's Wedding > Holidays of Future Passed > Barthood > Bart to the Future > Future-Drama > Days of Future Future

I actually enjoy Bart to the Future more than most, but the top three here aren't really disputable :)

11. Grampy Can Ya Hear Me
10. The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be
9. Mr. Lisa's Opus
8. Springfield Splendor
7. Frink Gets Testy
6. 3 Scenes Plus a Tag from a Marriage
5. Treehouse of Horror XXVIII
4. No Good Read Goes Unpunished
3. Whistler's Father
2. Haw-Haw Land
1. Singin' In The Lane

Lisa's Wedding > Holidays of Future Passed > Future-Drama > Bart to the Future

I do not remember Days of Future Future and I have not seen Barthood.

Lisa's Wedding (The best one, it's pretty good)
Bart To The Future (I... kinda like this one.)
Holidays Of Future Passed (It tries at least, even though it's not completely successful)
Future-Drama (Okay, poorly written but has some laughs)
Barthood (Shit)
Days Of Future Future (OH GOD!!!)

1. Lisa’s Wedding
2. Bart to the Future
3. Barthood
4. Holidays of Future Passed
5. Future-Drama
6. Days of Future Future

1. Barthood.
2. Holidays of Future Passed.
3. Lisa's Wedding.
4. Future-Drama.
5. Days of Future Future.
6. Bart to the Future.

1. Lisa's Wedding
2. Holidays of Future Passed
3. Bart to the Future
4. Barthood
5. Future-Drama
6. Days of Future Future

Holidays of Future Passed
Barthood
Lisa's Wedding
FutureDrama
Bart to the Future
Days of Future Future

Holidays of Future Passed
Barthood
Lisa's Wedding
Bart to the Future
Future-Drama
Days of Future Future

Barthood/Lisa's Wedding and Bart to the Future/Future-Drama are interchangeable, while Holidays of Future Passed and Days of Future Future are the obvious winner and loser. I really think that Lisa's Wedding is overrated and that the only good thing about it was how Lisa sticked up for her family at the end, but the rest of the episode was rather weak. It seemed very out of character for Lisa to just hook up with a random guy she just met, first hates his guts, then ends up marrying him in like a couple of days. The Lisa I know wouldn't have acted like that, she only started to act back as the real Lisa till the ending. Hugh himself was also quite a poor character, there was no real chemistry being portrayed whatsoever. Though it might've been intential for a life lesson to Lisa to learn your future husband better before wedding him.

Holidays of Future Passed is the obvious winner because it did an amazing job portraying the Simpsons in the future where Bart and Lisa have started their new lifes. Its not a completely flawless episode because I didn't like how they did Maggie's future that much, and how lazily portrayed Bart's kids are (sometimes I keep wondering if Bart didn't just clone them out of some machine). Barthood is also great for properly evolving Bart's character trough the whole episode. Bart To The Future has its moments but I rated it higher than Future-Drama for the Lisa plot and its humor. Future-Drama is only average but it still somewhat ties with Bart To The Future in quality. Days of Future Future is just bad and there's little good to say about this one. Homer constantly dying was just an annoyance, never liked Lisa loving a zombie Millhouse (hooking up characters with zombies looks more like.... an internet thing to do). And that ending though.... yeah get this episode out of my memory please.

Lisa's Wedding
Bart Hood
Holidays Of Future Passed
Future Drama
Bart to the Future

Lisa's Wedding speaks for itself. It's a great episode. I don't have a lot to add.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Barthood, but I liked it enough.

Holidays Of Future Passed is really overrated in my opinion. It's a fine episode, but I wasn't a fan of some things. Lisa and Milhouse ? Nah. Bart divorced and a loser ? Nah. But it did have some genuine emotion

Future Drama was just okay. Nothing terrible, but I wouldn't call it good.

Bart to the Future is just flat out bad. None of the jokes land, The plot is bland, and what is it with these future episodes making Bart a loser ? In Lisa's Wedding, he ended up fine. Sure it wasn't glamorous, but he wasn't a deadbeat. But here ? He's just leeching off his family. I don't even like Bart, but it's just such a lazy thing to do. And the Homer subplot is just there. It's not funny. Lisa as the president was okay.

Haven't seen Days of Future Future.

Back