rank beatles albums

And not only will I say that but John Lennon could have been a good lyricist if he hadn't let Mcartney let the band down so much.
While I disagree with your main point, I find this interesting, as it raises the question: What do you think of Lennon's solo work?

I agree, some of Lennon's stuff is OK, but Harrison's All Things Must Pass and most of the rest were fab. I hate Imagine (the song, not the album) with a passion though, load of old tripe!

For my grade 5 grad, we had a show or concert and the 3 classes sang Beatles songs. My class got Imagine. Great song. I don't remember for sure, but I think "Let it Be" and "In My Life" were the other 2

Lennon's early work is hit or miss. His later/post assassination material like Double Fanatsy and Milk and Honey are great albums. I also like Harrison's solo material and early McCartney solo as well.

Just realised when editing some tracks for a LOVE-esque medly I'm working on: Paul's voice was sped up slightly for Honey Pie, it's so bloody obvious now.

i've had this discussion somewhere on here before, but i think plastic ono band and imagine are good albums and double fantasy is john/yoko's best. and two virgins is a pretty weak sound collage, but i'll treasure my copy forever - with the 'paper bag' outer sleeve still intact. saw life with the lions in the used bins last year for a tenner and i regrettably passed on the opportunity.

mccartney's solo career is my favourite. i mean the wings stuff is take it or leave it, but everything he's done since flaming pie has been godly.

Flaming Pie was a great album, what other later McCartney albums do you recommend? I've pretty much lost touch with what he's been doing since Flaming Pie. I agree with your assesment of the John/Yoko stuff and Wings. Now that I think of it we did discuss this earlier.

41JE3X9YZ1L._SL500_.jpg

chaos and creation in the backyard is probably my favourite beatles solo album. you probably know 'fine line' and 'jenny wren', but this thing is full of great songs. it's got this sort of melancholy aura surrounding it, as well.

McCartney's such a towering talent. I feel like he's really been underrated over the last several decades, perhaps because he wasn't as experimental and adventurous as Lennon. I think he was effortlessly the most talented Beatle. And the best songwriter of the group, as well (Lennon, much as I admire him, was obscenely overrated as a writer).

McCartney's such a towering talent. I feel like he's really been underrated over the last several decades, perhaps because he wasn't as experimental and adventurous as Lennon. I think he was effortlessly the most talented Beatle. And the best songwriter of the group, as well (Lennon, much as I admire him, was obscenely overrated as a writer).
clown indeed.

Quick question: Is there any chance that the series of posts Darkel has made here and elsewhere on this board over the last several days is anything but a breathless troll attempt? Everything seems to point to that: the bizarre mixture of condescension and stupidity; the flamboyant hispter posturing; the strange self-congratulatory tone nested awkwardly inside very poorly constructed sentences that are littered with grammatical errors. I mean, re-read the last post he made on page 1 of this thread -- it makes absolutely no sense. It reads like a poorly-executed Faulkner stream-of-consciousness parody, as if Benjy from "The Sound and the Fury" had stumbled onto this forum and started posting. There's no way these posts were made in earnest, right?

Last edited:
Quick question: Is there any chance that the series of posts Darkel has made here and elsewhere on this board over the last several days is anything but a breathless troll attempt? The bizarre mixture of condescension and stupidity; the flamboyant hispter posturing; the strange self-congratulatory tone nested awkwardly inside very poorly constructed sentences that are littered with grammatical errors. I mean, re-read the last post he made on page 1 of this thread -- it makes absolutely no sense. It reads like a poorly-executed Faulkner stream-of-consciousness parody, as if Benjy from "The Sound and the Fury" had stumbled onto this forum and started posting. There's no way these posts were made in earnest, right?

Short answer: Yes, yes he is some kind of troll, or a 14 year old hipster.

I suppose it's entertaining in a way, my little feud with him. Probably gives him some excitement in his life.

I've always thought that from a musician standpoint Paul was the most talented as well.

Well, I'm a bit late to this but I'd rank the albums:

1. Rubber Soul -- The song "In My Life" my all time favorite song.
2. Abbey Road -- The connected side from Polythene Pam to "The End" is amazing.
3. Magical Mystery Tour
4. Revolver (Imo, overrated, but still great)
5. White Album
6. Sgt. Pepper
7. Help!
8. Hard Day's Night
9. Let it Be (Let it Be and The long and winding Road are great, but he rest is meh)
10. Past Masters Vol.1 & 2 (not really a true album, but anyway...)
11. Please Please Me
12. With the Beatles
13. Beatles for Sale
14. Yellow Submarine

Y - Kill All of them.

But seriously

-Magical Mystery Tour
-White Album
-Revolver
-Beatles For Sale
-Abbey Road
-Rubber Soul
-Hard Days Night

-Help!
-Sgt Pepper
-Let It Be
-Please Please Me
-With The Beatles

Solo Careers:
Yoko
Paul = George
John

Last edited:
John Lennon's solo work is fantastic. There's songs such as "Isolation", "Watching the Wheels", "(Just Like) Starting Over", "#9 Dream" (and of course all of his more famous solo works) that easily measure up to his best Beatles songs...

The lower albums change rank but the top 3 to 7 remain pretty static.

1. Revolver
2. Sgt. Pepper
3. White Album
4. Magical Mystery Tour
5. Rubber Soul
6. Help
7. With The Beatles
8. Beatles For Sale
9. Let It Be
10. Yellow Submarine (got this when I was real young, always loved it)
11. A Hard Day's Night
12. Abbey Road
13. Please Please Me

John Lennon's solo work is fantastic. There's songs such as "Isolation", "Watching the Wheels", "(Just Like) Starting Over", "#9 Dream" (and of course all of his more famous solo works) that easily measure up to his best Beatles songs...

My favorite solo Lennon is the live album from Sometime In New York City. No joke. Love this album.

Back