Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 2/5 - It could have fit in the Scully era

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 1/5 - "Who's Mad Now?"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

evergreen

Banned
I saw that "TOH II" hasn't been in a R&R thread yet - so this is the first.

Personally, I find this probably the best Treehouse Of Horror, together with V.

Lisa’s Dream A
Bart’s Dream A
Homer’s Dream A+
Overall: A

Fourth best THOH.

Each segment is very good, making this overall, one of the best Halloween specials. A lethal combination of laughter, plus a bit of added horror and atmosphere goes a long long way.

I rated it 4/5 but I definately prefer the grading system that most people use (including me) - A+ to D- and F if necessary.

Bart's Dream - B-
Lisa's Dream - B+
Homer's Dream - A
Overall - B+

all three segments are pretty good, yet none of them are really overtly memorable. B+.

All three rate an A(the first part even A+) , but it´s the originality that I like the most. After seeing TOH I this was the first Halloween special without too many references, and it set an example for the still coming Halloween specials(breaking the "normal" rules, surprise endings, referential gags)

Love this one, definitely one of my favourite THOHs. Pure classic material, each story is almost flawless and the wraparound material is great too. I make sure I watch it every Halloween - A

Up there with THOH V as the best ever. Hilarious from beginning to end and devilishiously cynical throughout, to paraphrase Hibbert. True, it doesn't have that one pantheon segment that many of the Halloween episodes do (Segment 1 comes the closest I feel), but its consistency more than makes up for it.

A / A+

I watched this again last night, and I absolutely loved it. Three jokes made me laugh for several seconds:

1. "The turkey is dry" joke
2. Bart's prank call to Moe while at school
3. "That man at Radio Shack said I was mad, but who's mad now? MWHAHAHA!!!"

Brilliance.

Lisa's Dream A
Bart's Dream B+
Homer's Dream A-

5/5

Treehouse of Horror II ranks up there with some of my all-time favorite THOH specials. Homer's dream is my favorite. "Dammit Smithers, this isn't rocket science, it's brain surgery!"

Its almost perfect..

I wish they still did them this way..Showing them as dreams, etc..

Best TOH ever, in my opinion. Each segment was brilliant, especially Homer's dream...filled with stellar moments and such great Burnsmithers interaction! "Oh, Smithers, when you look at me with those puppy dog eyes...!" :gatorlove:

TOH II is tied at the top with V in my rankings of all the Halloween episodes. Every segement was incredibly well-written, with no identifiably weak stories. Being a rather rabid fan of The Twilight Zone, I was ecspecially enamored of the "It's a Good Life" parody that was Bart's dream. The numerous homages to that particular episode were the definite highlights for me...well, that and all the Burnsmithers interaction in "If I Only Had a Brain." For some odd reason, I always crack of laughing at the scene with the two calmly eating pizza in between all the other shots of the robot being assembled

:sigh: I wonder if HarleenQuinn thinks I'm going out of my way to parrot her...

A classic, funny, THOH.

"I wish for peace on Earth"
"Lisa, that was very selfish of you!"
5/5

Although it's funny just like every other Season 3 episode, I found this one rather bland. But it beats III senseless..

6.9/10

Back