R&R They Saved Lisa's Brain

How would you rate this episode?

• Total voters

Drunk Barney

Stonecutter
Very good episode and one of the highlights of Season 10. Lisa was characterized very well. Though it did have its problems and the episode started off quite slow and had quite a mixed ending. Act 2 was excellent though.

Act 1 - C+
Act 2 - A!
Act 3 - B
Overall - B/B+

One of the few decent episodes of the season, and I enjoy it quite a bit. I just find the premise fun, and Stephen Hawking's appearance is hilarious to me. Characterizations aren't good; Lisa still sounds like an adult and slightly arrogant, but not enough to bother me. Homer's subplot is pretty "meh", but nothing horrible there. People often complain about the wacky first act, but I found it funny too. "Please...no more spark plugs"

B+

I found it ok, nothing special.. But defnitely above average for S10

Stephen Hawking's guest appearance (to me) was disappointing, but ironically it's one of the better endings of Season 10, and there's some great commentary on how some people take their intelligence for granted. (Hawking's line "big deal, my IQ is 280" is NOT to be taken even slightly seriously, especially since Hawking himself said that people who boast about their IQ are idiots - something I hope most of you realized.)

Neither the opening nor the ending is great, but the rest of the episode is. The best of Season 10, and one of two in this season (the other being Wild Barts Can't Be Broken) I give 5/5.

A very good subject matter. We all live in a community where we wish it had better leadership, but sometimes, it helps not to exaggerate on who's really suitable for the job.

4.75/5

I loved in first watching. I find it more or less average nowadays. Comic Book Guy and Stephen Hawkings were great and I also liked the grotesque show in first act (though Bart riding the pig was a little too much). Evrything else is ok, there is good humor during the whole thing and the execution of the premise is reasonably well handled but it seems kind of artificial to see such a random bunch of characters (one of them an 8 years old girl) becoming leaders of a community.

I have a little special feeling for this epsdoe, because it was one of the first I videotaped, the year I started videotaping episodes (now I'got them all recorded). Plus, I'm also a Mensa member, since last year.

Overall it's an OK episode, some nice gags here and there, though a little rough in some places (the people attacking the leaders, for example).

Grade: B

I just watched this episode again on the Season 10 DVD and I have to say it's easily one of the best episodes in Season 10. One of the few Season 10 episodes which doesn't revolve around Homer. I liked the use of secondary characters which wouldn't normally appear together, and it's just generally a very good episode. Not quite a classic, but a good...

4/5

One of the few bright spots in the sea of shit that is season 10, although the subplot, third act and arrogant Lisa bring it down quite a bit. The first 2 acts are great. B-

Another pretty good Lisa related episode. It's not one of my favorites from the season, but it's one of the rare later episodes that have the touch of the early years, such as seasons 2 and 3. It reminds me of Mr. Lisa goes to Washington or Lisa's substutute in some way.

Although the begining was a little bit Scully-ish and wacky, it was quite entertaining. There were some funny jokes at the contest, such as Barney winning the audience and judges with his burping. Lisa is her classic self in the first act, and the episode picks up from the moment when she writes the letter. The Mensa scenes were great, comic book guy and Frink shined in particular.

Meanwhile, we get in the subplot which brought the episode down in my opinion. It wasn't very nessesary and it's not the type of humor that belongs in The Simpsons. Seems like season 10 is the one with terrible subplots and I'm glad that trend didn't continue in the next seasons.

The third act was also good, the appearence of Stephen Hawking was excellent. Some of the other great moments here include Moe being excited about his invitation to the court, ''Larry Flint is right, you guys stink!'' and the conversation between Stephen Hawking and Homer at the end.

B

Compared to other season 10 episodes, this one really stands out! The "riot" in Act 1 and the Homer subplot were the only parts of this episode that I find dull.

A-

season 10 might have its ups and downs but is a lot better than season 11 and 12,at least seasons 13 14 15 had more spotlight on the entire familly and better subplot,and there is nothing wrong with season 10 at all and it is not on the same line like season 11 which had no good subplot or episodes,every season have is worst episodes and is good ones.

Stephen Hawking's appearance is the only thing worth mentioning.

The episode itself was unbelievably dull, as it lacked any real spark.

Back