R&R: "The Crepes of Wrath"

We're here to rate 7G13, people.

• Total voters

Nameless

SuperFriend
For the life of me, I'll never understand the people who give this anything below a C+ or consider a really bad episode like, umm, "Skinner's Sense Of Snow" better than it. The animation is starting to look a lot like season 2, everyone is characterized well, there's a great subplot, it ends on a nice joke...what's not to like?

One of the best of Season 1. It isn't brilliant but it's a solid episode, I didn't realise a lot of people here really didn't like it. B

It's probably my favourite of Season One, and I, too, feel it doesn't get the acclaim it should be receiving. The animation shows a marked improvement over the rest of the season, the storyline is strong, the epiosde as a whole is funnier than most of the rest of the season's, and the whole episode really does seem to stand out, certainly much more memorable compared to the rest of the first season.

Nameless said:
For the life of me, I'll never understand the people who give this anything below a C+ or consider a really bad episode like, umm, "Skinner's Sense Of Snow" better than it.

Kill me if you must, but I got about 10 times more laughs out of CABF06 than from 7G13, thanks to my poor taste. That's why I rank it better.

Nameless said:
The animation is starting to look a lot like season 2, everyone is characterized well, there's a great subplot, it ends on a nice joke...what's not to like?

Much of acts 2 and 3, the likes of which I find boring. They should've focused more on Bart's life in France, for one thing; it doesn't build up to enough.

As Season 1 goes, I find it fairly average overall - 3/5.

We watched this in my french class when I was in the sixth grade four years ago. lol. I really liked it. 4/5

Its not one of my fav Bart episodes, but it is one of my fav of season one. I really wanted to cry for Bart in act two of this episode.

I don't think I laughed at all this episode but I give it a 5/5. The story was excellent and you just had to feel bad for bart. Most people just want to watch the simpsons for laughs but I watch it for a story and laughs.

I haven't seen this one in some time but Season 1 episodes are always love or hate because they're so incredibly different from the rest of the series.

I personally love this episode. There's something so forboding and almost...epic about it. Bart's been on some pretty big adventures in his life as a character but because this one felt so dark and gritty It'll always be one of the ones that stands out the most to me.

I remember you really couldn't hate Bart after this episode, he was so awesome when he got off that plane after turning the tables over in France.

i love this episode it has one of my favorite lines
homer: i'd get up but the boy crippled me...
you really feel bad for poor bart too. also i think this one of the first episodes they show bart has a talent for learning lanuages pretty quick.

Bart's actually a very naturally talented kid. At this point almost prodigy like in some ways, it's one of the very ironic things about him.

Best episode of Season 1, I'd give it a 15 were it not for that cringeworthy scene of Homer and Marge in bed with Marge trying to get Homer to admit he loves Bart, a bizarre OOC moment for Homer in an episode where he's otherwise great! Bart, Homer, Skinner, and Adil are all great, and you really start to feel sorry for Bart. Sure, the ending was a bit contrived, but whatever. Favorite moments: the clown at the bottom of the stairs and Homer saying "I'll send you those civil defense plans (or whatever they were) you wanted!" The first episode to really tip the scales towards "whacky", and it was done extremely well. Were it not for that one horrible scene it would be a 15, but as it is I have to give it a 14/15, and the title of Best of Season 1

i watched this for the first time in a while the other night, and realized how good an episode this is. It starts kind of boring {The Krusty doll repeating "I like to play with you!" got old, that was the joke, but it still bugs me}, but right after Bart is in France and Adil arrives to Springfield, it is a fantastic episode.

I'm not a huge fan of the stuff with Bart in France. In Springfield, things were a little more entertaining with the exchange student. Average. 3/5

The Crepes of Wrath is my favorite of the first season, just slightly ahead of Life on the Fast Lane which I also really liked. The episode is tightly written, and there is plenty of subtle humour sprinkled throughout, my only gripe is that more time should have been spent on Bart's story which was the clear better of the two in comparison to Adil's story.

I'll be generous and give it 5/5 :D

well, must admit i never really liked this episode too much.
Story is ok but not great and i think it lacks the funny moments.
End of the episode is also not that good imo.
I completely agree.

There seemed to be some uncomical undertones to this one, and it just seemed to focus on story-telling rather than humour.

The Crepes of Wrath

This was another great episode from the first season. The plot was very good and very well executed. I must admit that this episode was good at the start sort of went down hill in the middle then really picked up near the end. This was probably the first funny episode the others were sort of funny but this one was funnier. Another thing is that this episode just didn’t really feel very Simpsonish (If that is a word) The scenes in France felt like they belongs to a different show and they just threw in Bart. Settings aside this was another great season 1 episode.

Score for The Crepes of Wrath: B, 3.5/5, 7.5/10, Great

My second favorite episode of the seaons.
Bart visit in france was ok, but the part about Albany boy is just brilliant. Conversation betwen Homer and Skinner was funny as well ("I would stand up but the boy cripple me", "I understand complitle")

The only down side is that Skinner mother is way off character if you compere her to other epiosdes...

Season 1 has some really great episodes and I really enjoy the atmosphere in many of the 13 episodes but this one is even more special to me. I love the fact that Bart has to go to France (Really great!!) and the prank that he carries out at the beginning of the episode is wonderful (the Cherry bomb that blows up the mens and womens bathroom with Agnes in it). The Albanian is great too in this story. It's interesting to see Homer take such a liking to the child. 4/5

Back