Votes: 7 4.3%
  • 2/5 Insurance salesman

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 1/5 Salmon gutter?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Larson Something

pee air true dough
A historically important S3 episode, to me. It's a spiritual ancestor of two different types of future Lisa episodes:

1. The "Lisa doubts her intelligence" episode (Lisa's Rival, Lisa the Simpson, Smart and Smarter)

2. The "Lisa tries to fit in" episode (Summer of 4 ft. 2, Lard of the Dance, Little Girl in the Big Ten to some extent.)

Plus it has the "Bart becomes addicted to authority" subplot, which was great. And one of the great end-of-ep jokes in Bart's "I'll be right there to borrow money." line.

A 4.5/5, or A from me. Better than all the episodes it spawned, except Summer of 4 ft. 2.

Actually, I wouldn't credit this episode for spawning the "Lisa tries to fit in" archetype. That angle is no more touched upon here than in, say, "Moaning Lisa" at the end when she tries to appeal to the two kids to be happy. Actually less, as her rebellion here is more a response to her loss of purpose than to appeal to others.

Anyway Grade: B+

Nice fun episode that plays around with the elasticity of the characters in surreal, hilarious ways through reversing Bart and Lisa's roles. The Bart plot is easily my favorite, nice lighthearted story with his first taste of authority and loving it. Loved his brief adventure with Eddie, Lou, and Snake, Bart's pairing with Skinner, the confiscated goods room, even Steve Allen's brief part, to name some examples. And Bart's character is never contrived in any real way. My issues lie with the Lisa plot. I think it's a bit rash that Lisa would be discouraged so quickly and easily based off one test and the words of a supposed expert. I know she's at times self-conscience, occasionally very self-conscience. But giving up all your hopes and dreams over just those two things seem like a very forced way to get the role reversal to work. Plus despite her plot having quite a serious tone in comparison to Bart's, it's unfortunately hard for me to empathize with her rationale like the episode intended, because I never bought her rationale to begin with, and that generally makes her storyline seem less meaningful or impactive as a whole. But as fun episodes go, this one gets the job done, and is nevertheless very enjoyable.

I like it. It's funny, it tells a good story. The only problem is (as Channel Surfer mentioned) slight problems with Lisa's actions, but its not really that big of a deal here. A-.

A superb episode, with the roles of Bart and Lisa practically reversed. Both Bart and Lisa's changes are fun to watch, Bart becoming a good student, almost going through some kind of "holier-than-thou" period, and Lisa becoming a real troublemaker, with...um...sexy results. No problems with Lisa's characterization at all for me, and just a few words can really shatter a person's outlook on life, so it's hardly a problem to me.

Very good episode, Has some very funny moments. I think this episode is overlooked a fair bit, It's a fun episode to watch, It's really interesting to see Bart and Lisa as two different people to what they normally are, It ends well too. A

4/5.

Liked this one. Lisa's rebelling was a great angle for the writers to take.

The whole Teachers Editions theft reminds me of when I was in school and my 6th grade teacher spent the entire class time reading out of the book. I think it's true that most teachers don't know what they're doing without a little "help."

Grade: A

A very intriguing look at Bart and Lisa opposite their normal selves. The only possible gripe one could have is Lisa's characterization, which I don't think is a factor. Her rebellious actions were fully developed, they were given a reason. Overall, a fun, enjoyable, simple, down-to-earth, insert additional adjective here episode.

Fantabulous episode, nice bonding moments throughout, a stable story and great jokes. A+

Wezzo said:
Fantabulous...

Never use that word again. Ever.

Stupidhead.

~The Law Office of Charmy, Charmy & Hank

...and now I have to talk some more about the episode to avoid being horribly beaten for posting off topic. Let's see:

I prefer to Bart half of the story to the Lisa half, if for no other reason than it's a lot fun-er. The ride along with the cops, the montage of him as a hall moniter, just everything about it is worth a laugh. Filled with great humour, such as "It's a good thing that alley got so narrow all of a sudden". Just great.

The Lisa half takes itself just a little bit more seriously, and as a result its not quite as fun or funny as the Bart scenes. It's probably what drags the episode down to the A- I gave it.

I love the locker search scene. Lot's of lighthearted fun, and the song is great. Perfect climax for the story.

5/5 One of the best ever in my opinion. Perfect characterization of both Simpson kids.

An average season 3 outing IMO. Bart's plotline was awesome, introducing Skinner in Nam as Jay said. Lisa's plotline wasn't special, but it was believable and it kept her in character. B+/A-

The first episode with the "everything that crashes bursts into flame" rule, I always laugh at the exploding milk truck, great Bart and Lisa episode 4.5/5

Wow. I thought I was the only person who had a problem with Lisa's characterization here, and not only did Channel Surfer have that problem, but his explanation is like my exact thoughts. Anyway, still like the episode, hardly found anything special about the so-called bonding. I think that the emotion and intrigue that you were supposed to care about just didn't work at all, whereas the actual humor is incredible for Season 3.

This is one of my if not the favorite simpsons episod from session 3.It has a very strog story.
5/5

I voted 4/5 in the poll a while back, but ignore that. On re-viewing, this is an absolute classic.

First off, the plot is VERY strong. Lisa and Bart switching roles in society is a hoot, and both pull it off. Sure, Lisa is a bit insufferable, but that's the point. Humor-wise, this is also a brilliant episode. It starts off a bit slow, but from the extremely accurate police movie parody on, it's a blast. And the prank Lisa pulled was great...how many kids have thought of doing that in the past?

"Laramie Juniors"

"I will not point out the ignorance of the faculty."

"Damn boxes..."

This is what the Simpsons is all about. They really don't make them like this anymore. 5/5

Back