R&R: Pygmoelian

You know the drill

• Total voters
I didn't like this very much, seemed a little dull, Homer was a jerkass, and the ending was awful. 2/5.

Meh, I'll give it a 3/5 so so. I simply loved the duff man joke with the sticker.

"Duff Man can't breathe! Oh NO!"

Ending aside, this episode is very refreshing. They fleshed out Moe's acting career, last mentioned in season seven. Moe's characterization was all right here, as opposed to Dumbell Indemnity and Homer the Moe. This episode reminds me of Days of Wine and D'ohses. A friend of Homer has a problem, they get it fixed, their life is better, and there's a Bart and Lisa plot. B/B-

This is a solid episode. Nothing is particularly memorable, which is a positive for the Scully years. There were great lines throughout and Moe had some of his best characterization.

i saw this about a week ago and i wanted to make a thread like this but i didn't know the episode title so i couldn't... i like stories

i really enjoyed what i saw 4/5. i actually laugh at the quick-cut ending so i have no problem with it. my love for this episode is mainly due to the fact that since there is a lack of quality afternoon TV programs i'll sometimes watch soap operas with my sister, so i can fully appreciate the satire. don't make a thing about it lol

I can't see what's so great about this episode. It shows triats that you all know and hate from other Scully episodes. Jerkass Homer (smashing windows, pouring gas), Inane sub-plot (if you can even call that 2 minute filler a subplot) and lame ending. 2/5.

Moe: "As a child, I was bitten by the acting bug. Then it burrowed under my skin and laid eggs in my heart. Now, those eggs are hatching and the feeling is indescribable."
Homer: "I know what you mean. Our dog had that."

One of the few episodes where what is usually considered to be awful for fans actually works. But nothing's really a highlight in this episode, either. I'd say it's a little above average for season 11, a little below average overall, and I'll give it 3/5.

"Gabriella's baby shower will be invaded by terrorists, with sexy results".

This is pretty underrated. I just saw it and it's one of the best main plots of the post-classic era IMO. Nothing made me laugh, but most of it was nice (which is more than can be sad for over half of the post-classics), apart from a couple cringe worthy jokes like Homer getting turned on and the wowwipops. The plot progressed nicely and easily. Moe had very good characterization. I liked the soap satire. The ending sucked though -- they use that "don't make sense" thing too much, thinking if the character says it then it'll be funny instead of highlighting their laziness and inability to end episodes properly anymore. Oh yeah, and WTF was the point in the balloon story? It just...ended.

C+ overall. The best S11 episode I've seen.

4/5

Very funny, one of the top 3 of season 11. Homer and Moe together in the Scully era was a great combination. The ending was one of those moments that takes away from an otherwise good episode but somehow it's mildly amusing to me.

Edit: Oh poo, this episode had that balloon subplot didn't it. Probably the most inane waste of time ever on the Simpsons. Since it was very short from what I remember, I won't take too much off. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Quite good, it had some nice jokes along with a great storyline, the sub-plot was a little dull but even the greatest episodes sometimes have crappy sub-plots. 2nd best of the season behind "Guess who's coming..." It's fantastic for a season 11 episode and it's a rather good episode compared to the actual series.

Bravo! 4.5/5

There were some funny moments, mostly related to beer in some way. I wasn't a huge fan of the plastic surgery plotline but it'd have to be a strong 3/5 I imagine.

gee, with that attitude, you could make basically any episode sound bad
Yep.

This episode has something that the majority of the season 11 episodes lack: a somewhat relatable plot. While the rest made crazy storylines where the characters seemed to be forced, this one features Moe in a very credible way. It has still a wacky tone, that's sure, but I can justify his actions according to his context, and actually understand them at all.
The humour had always a good level. Homer and Moe played a great humorous pair and the episode had hilarious lines and situations in plenty, like the Duff contest. It failed to be really memorable, and the ending seemed too rushed, but it was one of the best episodes from its season for sure. And I actually liked the subplot.

8/10

I did not like this episode. 2/5. The script wasn't as funny as other episodes, but there have been worse episodes than this. Ranked 113 on my top 150.

~I said fine. What part about sure don't you understand?~

Back