R/R "MoneyBART"

What did you think of the episode "MoneyBART?"

• Total voters
Better than last week's, even with the usual Al Jeanisms.

3.5/5

that couch gag was pretty stupid. the ending to it was nice i guess but these couch gags are getting pretty much worse each week IMO.

as for the episode i honestly thought it was really funny. Ralph made me laugh a lot with his "White apple" line and the line about "Do alligators alligate?". To me these were as close to 'classic Ralph' as we're ever gonna get. Their dumb, yes, but their not too unbelivably(sp) dumb I didn't think.

I thought it was kind of weird to ask the man if he'd like to "kiss my ass." I mean, he was obviously upset over little league, but I found that line weird for him. Maybe if it was a kid, I wouldn't mind, but saying that to an adult... I dunno.

Flanders was pretty funny. The reason why he quit coaching Little League was pretty funny. His kids having 16 hours of sleep...

overall i liked the episode a lot. I didn't like the last act but I enjoyed the first 3 so much that it doesn't hurt my score too much. 4/5.

I actually liked the couch gag, lol.

As for the episode, I thought it was horrible. The plot felt rushed and underdeveloped. There wasn't much explanation for how Lisa got to be manager and it felt all over the place. Lisa learning the statistics was too wacky and I am actually starting to get bored of musical montages. Lisa kicking Bart off the team because he won the game but didn't do what she said (what a selfish brat) was awful. The third act continued to make the plot just drag on and on with a poor conflict, even worse than that of Lisa on Ice. The forth act suffered from a tacky guest star and a rushed conclusion.

Characterization: Lisa was at her absolutely worst that I've ever seen from her throughout the entire series. She was set at untimate kerk-ass mode throughout and she seemed really bitchy, like she was trying to make Bart's life miserable. She seemed cocky, selfish, ect. I could go on and on, but lets just say that this episode illustrated everything that I hate about Lisa and then some. Everyone else was okay, though.

Humor: A few worked for me, like "underpants dinner" and the Ralph gags, but most fell completely flat, like Homer and Marge reading the kids stories, which got annoying quickly, but I did like the Flanders gag afterwards. Bart calling Lisa cute names was one of my least favorite gags ever. Seriously writers, STOP WITH THE BART/LISA INCEST GAGS PLEASE!

Overall, I give this episode a...1/5!

With one great week and two absolutely horrendous weeks so far, I think this season may be in trouble.

4/5

Fortunately, this episode did focus on Bart just as much as it focused on Lisa.

Whenever we get a baseball game here, it always kept my interest. Bart trying to steal home plate really took me by surprise because I thought Bart would score instead.

The funniest thing about this episode was the callback of Mike Scioscia and the radiation poisoning in Homer at the Bat.

The gag where Bart was being the sidekick of announcer Bill James didn't fit right.

Lisa was portrayed better in this episode and she did learn her lesson at the end. I thought it was halarious whenever she didn't get the baseball terminology correct.

No new episodes for the next three weeks due to post season baseball. Hopefully the Treehouse of Horror episode will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Wow, this was a really great episode, and maybe one of my favorites from the last two seasons. Maybe I'm just a baseball geek, but I actually felt like the writers knew what they were talking about in talking about baseball. The conflict was handled really well, not only in brother-sister conflict, but in terms of how to manage a baseball team.

There were a couple of missteps (somewhere in the 3rd and 4th acts, things felt rushed), but comedy wise the timing was pretty much there. Probably the biggest downside was Homer and Marge getting into an argument... it felt like they tried to shoehorn Marge into this episode a bit, but it wasn't really needed. The line "underpants dinner," however, made me laugh out loud.

Mike Scioscia was actually pretty funny as well, though I wonder what the hell he was doing on a roller coaster in Springfield. I'm feeling really generous and going with 5/5, around an A-/B+. It's probably lower in actuality, but it's playoff season and I'm in a good mood.

Very boring episode from my perspective. I'm struggling to grasp precisely what it is about it, but my tendency is to think it just doesn't really do anything well. The likeability found in the previous episode is gone once again, and I really didn't know what I was rooting for by the time conflict began.

What can I say about the gags? Standard fare for more recent years really. It's gotten so I can't expect to laugh at a new episode of the Simpsons anymore and am just hoping it will be a mildly pleasant experience, which this episode isn't either. The best bit I can think of is the Milhouse line about thinking his parents are siblings, as if the notion that they look alike hasn't been brewing around for years already.

Also, I see the writers are learning to shorten up the couch gags...not.

The biggest downfall though to me, has to be the pacing and transitions. There were so many poorly developed tangents and twists that I really lost interest. At least Scully's idiotic adventure episodes were simple enough to follow.

I really don't to be so cynical, but I'm really not sure how something like this is considered good fun. Weakest of the first three so far. Doesn't reach last season's icy depths, but there's very little to be pleased with here. I'm torn between a D- or an F, so maybe I'll sleep on it. Meh.

Last edited:
I loved the couch gag, although, I missed the first few seconds of the intro and the start of the actual couch gag part.
The rest of the episode was alright.

They had a callback to Homer at the Bat and mentioned Zack Grienke. I'm completely satisfied

But seriously, great episode. Funniest of the season by far, and even though the plot was a little rushed it moved naturally. Great jokes (I thought the incest joke was going to be bad, but Milhouse's line saved it) and some great Homer moments. 14/15

For some reason, this worked for me. It felt like an older ep. Not classic era, but maybe early Jean? Some of the jokes(like Ralph's lines(sorry)) were kinda unfunny, Lisa was a bit whiny and the cameos always feel forced these days(though Mike Scioscia was funny), but the episode as a whole was good. Umm... 3.5 out of 5?

EDIT: I forgot about the Yale graduate(did she get a name?). I liked the plot, but that setup annoyed me because it felt like it should've been a different episode.

Last edited:
4/5

Thought it was a fun episode to watch, but I really didn't like the ending where Bart was out trying to steal home. At least the "conflict was resolved" at the end.

It would have been better if the Yale woman had some sort of interaction with Mr. Burns though.

Marge: I thought you got radiation poisoning when you were working at the Nuclear power plant.

Mike Scioscia: I didn't die. I got super human powers, and now I can also demaganatize credit cards.

This thread is like a ghost town. I'm beginning to worry that this might be a sign for tomorrow's ratings, Then again, better on a bad episode than a good episode.

Man between the Premiers' couch gag and tonight's couch gag you think they're trying to say something? lol

The couch gag was awful, but overall, I quite liked the episode. I could totally see that Bart was going to be out at home, and I didn't like that, but there were a bunch of baseball references that I enjoyed because I'm a huge baseball fan. I liked the "Underpants dinner" joke, and many more jokes hit their mark than usual. I didn't care for Lisa's characterization in this, however. Kicking him off because he homered? Wow. Overall, a nice, solid episode. 4/5.

Just curious to ask but what exactly was so bad about the couch gag. OTHER than "it's depressing."

Loved the callback to "Homer at the Bat" but the episode didn't do it for me. I was asleep during it & when I wasn't I was looking at other things.

Just curious to ask but what exactly was so bad about the couch gag. OTHER than "it's depressing."

Probably because it goes against a traditional couch gag. Personally I loved it. I thought it was one of the funnier things I've seen from this show over the last few years. The episode itself had a lot of groaners and a lot of chuckles. I appreciated its fast pace though, and also its cohesion in the plot. I think I'll look back fondly on this episode, mainly because it works fluidly.

In the later seasons I've seen that they've had a lot of difficulty putting together an episode with more than one plot - one or both were always underdeveloped or just weak ideas to start with. In this episode they've finally gone back to basics and made an enjoyable episode with only one major plot.

I enjoyed the couch gag - regardless of its length. I noticed that they did actually shorten the into sequence so it didn't cut into the episode time too much.

I don't know why people are always so down on Lisa - I mean she was right wasn't she? It's all ok when Bart does something cruel, but suddenly when Lisa kicks Bart off the team she's a brat?

4/5

Back