R&R Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

?

• Total voters
Its probably the best episode in the history of the entire show which showcases the bond between the family and what each member means to each other. It has one of the most saddest scenes in the show as Homer and Marge look sadly to their childrens' empty rooms and and another very heart-warming scene of "Simpson children miss their parents." Top 10 material.

Thats all I say. The much more prolific Channel Surfer will say the rest. ;)

A really great episode from the fabulous 7th season. One of the funniest looks at the Flanders house, I also love Grampa's line "kids love that water"

It's in my top 10. Fantastic episode with so, so many good moments and strong characterisations. The scenes inside the Flanders' house were some of the funniest things I'd ever seen on the show, but in direct contrast Homer and Marge missing the kids was Simpsons emotion done perfectly. And the ending...pure gold. A++

A+

The Simpsons go to church, but they were never baptised? This may explain Bart's personality. Anyway, this was one of the greatest Simpsons episodes of all time, but as with all nerdy reviews, I must point out the flaws. Maggie chose The Flanders over Homer, Bart, and Lisa. I thought that the family loved each other. Also, she loves Marge more than Homer? Then why was her first word "daddy"? Maybe it was short for "I wish Flanders was my daddy". Don't say that Maggie's just a baby, because it's been proven many times that she has intelligence.

B+, I thought Flanders was a bit off in this episode but still a tremendous episode. Homer's line "I love you Cletus" still cracks me up to this day.

Great episode. Certainly one of the best of the season and I wished this was the season finale.

It's a good episode imo, but i never liked it so much other people do (judging from the comments here).
It's funny to see the differences between the Flanders and Simpsons in this story and i think it's well done, but this episode never got me as other ones do. B-

It's really good. Nothing particularly outstanding like it clearly is here, but still great nevertheless.

A

I find this episode really funny, interesting and enjoyable to watch (it is no surprise since it's a Season 7 episode), there are many memorable bits in the episode, such as Homer strangling Cletus, the bits with Grampa and when Rod and Todd is pale and shaky after watching a single episode of Itchy And Scratchy; "Daddy, what's the red stuff coming out of kitty's ears?"

5/5

Last edited:
A classic Simpsons episode with funny gags and all you could ever ask for. A+

What can I say? A simply brilliant episode, and one of my favorites. A great blend of emotion, humor, and characterization, I do think that this, more than any other episode, showcases the strength, love, and horrific dysfunctionality of the Simpson family to perfection. The Flanderses were operating at top form here: every scene at their house had me in stitches. Great from start to finish, Bart and Lisa's awful experience at the Flanders house, Marge and Homer's sadness, coupled with their ridiculously funny parenting classes, the way the Simpson family is grotesquely presented, with all its glaring contradictions: Despite how good a parent Marge is shown to be, its still completely characteristic of her to run off with the house a mess and not realize there's anything wrong with it until later. Despite how careless a parent Homer is shown to be, it is still completely like him to tear to his kids's rescue from a--ahem--horrible danger. Despite how eccentric Bart and Lisa are shown to be, they seem bursting with normalcy throughout the episode with is perfectly understandable. Without the kids, the parents are helpless. Without the parents, the kids are distraght. With the mortal enemy of the Flanders, Maggie is blissful, evil and traitorous.

The dialogue is the high point of the episode, the way it shows, for once, just how screwed the family is: ("Uh. Don't touch me. It sickens me.", "I thought I could ride this thing out, but everything's too weird here!", "He's going to baptize our children?" "Who? Lady you've got the wrong file!" "I'm probably the last person who should have kids! I mean, uh, can I start over?", "How do you like that!"). For me it hearkened oh-so-distantly to "There's no disgrace like home", except the aim was the opposite. Every single thing was just so wrong.

The whole baptization fiasco at the end was the height of brilliance, Flanders was positively rib-cracking, (By the way, I ought to mention a personal connection to this episode: I laughed so hard at Flanders's Hallelujah air horn that I fell out of my seat screaming and banged my forehead uncontrollably on the floor until I had a lump there the size of a strawberry--I kid you not). It was just so very very Simpson-esque for Bart and Lisa to be horrified and Marge and Homer to totally flip out over a baptizing. And Homer's "saving" of Bart...words fail me to describe the sheer genius of the writing and directing there. And this great episode finishes with one of the best endings ever: as the family walks off into the sunset, laughing at the old paint cans in Ned's garage, everything that happened in the episode is rudely discarded from the characters memories. Homer and Marge are definitely not good parents, they haven't learned a damn thing, they just acted like a pair of nutcases and if the family stays this crazy they are all totally screwed. But it is a terrific summing up of the "We're a really messed-up family, but we're still family." message of the whole show up to this point. 5/5

Making Ned look like a "religious nut" in this episode is a shame to me. He's much more funny and it makes for a more compelling contrast with the rest of Springfield when he is more of a goofy nicey nice ding-dang-diddly nerd than a creepy wierdo neighbor. This episode just doesn't do it for me.

(There some good jokes along the way, though).

One of the best in the entire show.It was very funny,but a bit emotional.I always loved the plots where Maggie is the main character (I think she deserves more episodes about here) and the interaction as parents between Marge and Homer was amazing.Grampa was funny too.The only problem I have is Ned's character.He was annoying as hell,trying to make the Simpsons kids to be like his childrens.My favorite scene was at the end,with Maggie and Marge (Awww...)
A+

A, I liked that Oakley & Weinstein brought Vitti back for this episode and the jokes were pretty good like "Stupid babies need the most attention" and between Cletus and Homer. 5/5

I think this is a good one (good, but not great).
Making Ned look like a "religious nut" in this episode is a shame to me. He's much more funny and it makes for a more compelling contrast with the rest of Springfield when he is more of a goofy nicey nice ding-dang-diddly nerd than a creepy wierdo neighbor. This episode just doesn't do it for me.
I agree with you, but I honestly don't care that much about Flanders. He's good for some jokes or bible references, but not more. But the episode had some very good jokes, so it's still a B.

" ok, in order to find flanders, I must think like flanders! (in homers mind) i'm a big 4 eyed lame-o who wears the same stupid sweater every day- the SPRINGFIELD RIVER!"

that was simply the greatest line ever uttered by a tv character.TerwilligerBob described it perfectly by saying the whole point of the show is "We're a really messed-up family, but we're still family."

6/5

Excellent episodes, with great characters, humour, and an interesting story to boot. A+

great emotional episode. this is one of the few episodes where I actually felt really bad for the characters. A

Back