Votes: 60 43.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never really rated this one if you ask me. In fact, along with Itchy & Scratchy: the Movie and Marge Gets a Job I'd probably put this in the bottom 3 of season 4. Homer is somewhat irritating in the sense that he seems almost proud of his stupidity in his attempt to point score over Bart and his surrogate father, and the night scene with Homer and Pepe ("I love you Papa" - "I love you too, Pepsi) is so sickly sentimental (even if intentionally so in an ironic way) it almost makes me want to gag. 6.5/10 or a B-, but that's the lowest it gets for a Season 4 episode.

Like most shows I watch, The Fight scene at the end won me over!
I died laff'n when Bart told Homer he was Faking it. Wheeeee!
scaryMarge.gif

5/5. I love this episode, just like Homer loves Pepsi. Er, Pepi.

I love the ending, the rest is nothing special but i agree that its worth the watch. B/B+

Bort said:
Worth a watch. (B)

That just about sums it. As Season 4 goes, it's at the bottom of the barrel, but it's good enough that I named my cat Pepi (and yes, I've called him Pepsi several times). After rating all these "crap" Season 4 episodes, I've never given a grade lower than B- (3/5).

One of the episodes I caught a glimpse of when I was little. Very funny stuff, especially the Ren & Stimpy and Itchy & Scratchy cartoons.

4/5

Great episode. Lots of really funny jokes. This episode is a little underrated. The Simpsons went back to its sit-com roots for this episode and i dont think people liked that, but i thought it was done well. 4/5

On another note, does anyone else think it would have been cooler to have Tom Cruise Tom Cruise in this episode?

It's one of the weaker season 4 episodes. It's a rare case of pre-Mirkin wackiness that, while funny, feels a bit strange. I'd give it a 'B', or a 4/5.

4/5
Very good episode actually, good jokes , and the fight in the end was very fun

Brother From The Same Planet is probably the first episode that features Homer disappointing Bart by thoroughly failing in his duties as a father. It is interesting to see Bart finally get someone like Tom who is the ideal father for Bart (someone who Bart can look up to) and Homer finding a boy who is the ideal son for him (very timid and obedient and forgiving to Homer's lack of knowledge). However, the actual emotional conflict between Homer and Bart is a little lightweight and doesn't eactly reveal a whole dimension to their relationship. It just concludes with Bart finally seeing his father do things that are somewhat cool which redeems Homer in Bart's eyes.

Both Pepi and Tom are good one-timers. Lisa's subplot I also find decent. Only the fight scene seems a little silly to me but it is still is a well-done slapstick sequence. And some of the gags here are pure gold : Krusty's Tuesday Night Live, Homer's brain banter, "Trab pu kcip'' , The Psycho parody with Skinner, Homer naming all the constellations and correcting the pronunciation, Kent Brockman being tricked into uttering I. P Freely. I can't steady my mind on the one really disturbing joke (you know the one I'm talking about). My grade for this episode hovers between B+/A-

trab pu kcip!
trab pu kcip!
Milhouse what have we told you about writing on the walls, go to your room!

And see that big dipper looking thing? Thats Alan... the cowboy.

4/5

It was a good episode. Not one of my favorites, but still pretty darn good. That fight scene was hilarious. 4/5

Brother From The Same Planet is probably the first episode that features Homer disappointing Bart by thoroughly failing in his duties as a father. It is interesting to see Bart finally get someone like Tom who is the ideal father for Bart (someone who Bart can look up to) and Homer finding a boy who is the ideal son for him (very timid and obedient and forgiving to Homer's lack of knowledge). However, the actual emotional conflict between Homer and Bart is a little lightweight and doesn't eactly reveal a whole dimension to their relationship. It just concludes with Bart finally seeing his father do things that are somewhat cool which redeems Homer in Bart's eyes.

Both Pepi and Tom are good one-timers. Lisa's subplot I also find decent. Only the fight scene seems a little silly to me but it is still is a well-done slapstick sequence. And some of the gags here are pure gold : Krusty's Tuesday Night Live, Homer's brain banter, "Trab pu kcip'' , The Psycho parody with Skinner, Homer naming all the constellations and correcting the pronunciation, Kent Brockman being tricked into uttering I. P Freely. I can't steady my mind on the one really disturbing joke (you know the one I'm talking about). My grade for this episode hovers between B+/A-

What's the disturbing joke that you're talking about?

What's the disturbing joke that you're talking about?

i am going to guess that the joke was:

Homer: Remember when I used to push you on the swing?
Bart: I was faking it.
Homer: Gasp! Liar!
Bart: Oh yeah? Remember this? ``Higher, Dad! Higher! Whee!'' (Simultaneously Homer says "No! No! No!")

which is seen as a sexual innuendo... get it :oops:

i actually like this episode (about A-/A, maybe?) but will post my review later if i'd want to...

I have very mixed feelings about this episode. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half episode -indeed the scenes with Bart waiting in the rain and unsuccessfully sending out subliminal messages while Homer relaxes at home struggling to remember what he's supposed to do are some of my favorites from the show -but I thought Homer became obnoxious after Bart joined the Big Brother program. I loved Phil Hartman's performance and Homer's interaction with Pepi but I thought the resolution of the plot was somewhat of a cop-out and made for a very weak final act.

Still, the good from this show outweighs the bad so I'm going to be generous and give it a 4/5

I find this a great episode, with some clever animation, such as the ice cream on Bart's head. The jokes about Homer forgetting to pick up Bart are hilarious, and the woman in the car that looks like Homer... that's just pure Simpsons comedy. The episode also has some unforgettable quotes, such as the "Pepsi" gag, and "Do you have him in blond?" It only gets better from there, with the fight scene keeping me in stitches ("Look. There's another disadvantadged boy!") I didn't know that the "Higher, dad, higher" was a joke, but this episode screams "classic" all over it.

Back