R&R: "Bart's Dog Gets An 'F'"

r&r

• Total voters

Nameless

SuperFriend
Worst of the Groening/Brooks/Simon years, but still pretty watchable.

"If Lisa goes to school, then I go to school, but then Lisa stays home, so I stay home, so Lisa goes to school..."

B-, possibly a high C+

i thought it was a bit plain and boring. Thats harsh coming from a simpsons fan. But the plot wass predictable, and the only funny part was at the end when the captions came up about the dogs. e.g 'Santa's Little Helper: Bit Bart, Homer didn't mind'

I rate it at 3/5

That's one of the first episodes I ever saw. Very good,one of my favorites in season 2. The best moment was deffinitely Bart trying to teach Santa's Little Helper to sit,but the dog hear only "Blah,blah,blah" - that joke is hilarious.

I thought this was Bart Gets An F so I agreed with these comments. But I like this one. 4/5 funny, but yeah, sort of obvious.

Despite the sort of cop out ending, I really enjoyed it overall. SLH's destruction of the posessions, the entire Asassins thing, the training school, and a ton of memorable jokes still keep it a classic. A-

There's a fair amount of nice little lines and scenes, the quote Nameless gave, the ending, Lisa's speech on SLH, free cookie sample, some of Miss Winthrop lines, a few other bits. Enough to keep the episode kinda sorta watchable. But like others have said, the main plot was dull, predictable, cliched, and painfully sitcomish. The episode is paced like a snail on a treadmill, draaaaging out SLH destructive appetites through two whole acts before anything is even done about it, then ending it with one of the deus ex machina endings the show ever conceived in the classic era with SLH just learning how to do everything because Bart was sad. Even for SLH standards, the story is junk, outshined by a quilting subplot with Marge and Lisa and a bad soap opera parody. Second worst of seasons 2-8, only "The PTA Disbands" is worse. C

This is probably the worst episode of between season one and season nine. I really didn't find the plot that interesting, and the episode wasn't that funny. There were some ok jokes, like Lisa putting Mr. Largo on the quilt, Marge saying that she didn't know then and she didn't know now, basically the entire subplot was good. Homer was fine in this episode, until the point when he decided to give SLH away at which point he became classic tv dad. C-

Not a great ep. considering plot, but I liked some of the jokes and the fact that they used Tracey Ullman for it. Some clever ideas, but overall mediocre.

3/5

Not a classic in my mind but far from being on my list of worst episodes. Its still moderately enjoyable, 3/5.

7/10 (4/5)

I may be lacking in outrageous hilarity, yet it's completely faithful to many real life stories and it's handled to perfection. The characters introduced are stereotyped, as is the story, but it works well for this episode. It's not one of my favourites, but I do respect it. 7/10.

I don't know why everyone hates this one so much. I thought it was great. I say 4.75/5, so 5/5 on the poll.

It's one of those episodes (for me) when you watch it once, think yeah this is great, watch it again and think WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!!!

I just finished watching this episode and throughout the whole thing, I heard my mind saying, "Wow." This is now one of my favorite episodes. The writing was completely superb, the characterization flawless, the humor perfect. The Marge/Lisa interaction was wonderful and adorable. I love seeing their friendship explored and this one was one of the mosts that galvanized their sweet relationship. The pacing was a bit slow in the beginning, but I think it just gave it that classic, season 2, calm tone. The dialogue was brilliant...the whole episode was just...wow. 5/5

Back