Problems with forum?

Welcome to Moe's

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe
I'm not sure where to post this but thought I'd do a little thread on it as there's been a few problems lately with the forum when starting a new thread end editing.

1. When creating a new thread, on the preview page (before you submit) it will preview the post and then have the box underneath where your composed post is, however this keep appearing blank so you either have to go back on the browser to the page you first typed it (which often appears blank then too) or copy & paste the whole post from the preview and paste it into the box then re-amend any images etc.. before pressing submit.

2. The same goes with editing, when you've submitted a post if you click edit to amend a mistake or typo etc... the box will be blank meaning you can't edit it.

This happened again just now which I tried to edit on Google Chrome and then as it wasn't working there I tried the Dolphin browser on my phone but same problem, so it's not a specific browser problem.

This doesn't happen all the time but I've noticed it happen a lot for a while now and just wondered if you guys could kindly do some sort of fix if possible? :)

I'll add a screen grab from how the page looked when I pressed edit, basically the text input box is blank and causing problems on both preview before post and edit.

Simpsons-Forum-Problem-fw.png

Yeah, this is a big problem that hasn’t been addressed yet. I’d really like it if one of the owners could get on that.

It would help if y'all mention and/or email them when these types of issues come up if they have been happening for awhile. Not everyone deals with the same glitches on the same platforms.
@eric @Roarke

Thanks, Welcome to Moe's. They've been notified.

You're welcome, yeah it's been happening a while, luckily I haven't lost any of my posts yet as with you having to use the back and forth buttons you do worry that you'll lose the whole post so it's best to try remember to copy and paste before you go to the next page in case, specially when you've put a lot of work in writing a post and putting a post together etc.. :)

I didn't want to say anything straight away cause I wasn't sure if you guys were already aware and working on it however as it's been happening for quite a while I thought I'd mention it then you can kindly look into it as and when you're ready to.

But yeah, as [MENTION=21074]Financial Panther[/MENTION] mentioned it's been happening a while and it's doing it on various platforms for me (my phone and PC in different browsers) :)

So this supposed virus thing on here that tells people not to visit the site...any intention of fixing it?

Perhaps a screenshot of this virus would be more helpful than assuming I know what you're talking about since it isn't happening to me at all. I can't exactly send Eric and Roarke an example of nothing to fix.

[MENTION=21074]Financial Panther[/MENTION] Per Roarke: "I need to see the actual URL he's using. tell him to add "www" to the URL"

Seems to work now.

I wasn’t trying to have a ‘tude. I just wanted to know if they were going to fix it because it had been a problem for a while.

As far as Kaspersky goes, Roarke believes NHC is being marked as a false positive and there's not much they can currently do about that, though Eric will continue looking into it since it may relate to ads which Roarke considered the first time this was brought up.

As for the second screenshot, he is saying there is a some kind of certificate issue relating to the use of (or lack of) the www before the site's domain name of nohomers.net. "the second screenshot isn't using www. for now they need to" Dunno if that's a clear enough explanation for you folks.

Find latest posts and signature

When I click on the "find latest posts" link I get this: "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

And I don't seem to have a button for editing my signature. (Also my signature doesn't always seem to show up on my new posts either)

When I click on the "find latest posts" link I get this: "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)")

It refers to search in general:-/

When I click on the "find latest posts" link I get this: "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

And I don't seem to have a button for editing my signature. (Also my signature doesn't always seem to show up on my new posts either)

Sorry about that. We have frequent database issues that lead to the search issues when attempting to use any search function on the board.

As for the editing issue, you have to edit your signature through your profile usually. We have the board set to only show a signature once per page; this is due to folks not really following our signature size rules and helps to avoid screen clutter while scrolling through.

Sorry about that. We have frequent database issues that lead to the search issues when attempting to use any search function on the board.

As for the editing issue, you have to edit your signature through your profile usually. We have the board set to only show a signature once per page; this is due to folks not really following our signature size rules and helps to avoid screen clutter while scrolling through.

Yeah, there's not one of those little pencils next to signature so I don't know how to edit it.

[MENTION=1]eric[/MENTION] [MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION], I’m BEGGING you, PLEASE fix the editing issue. I had to rewrite my entire signature to reformat it, and now I accidentally have the 30 in blue, and I’d have to rewrite it again to get rid of it.

[MENTION=1]eric[/MENTION] [MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION], I’m BEGGING you, PLEASE fix the editing issue. I had to rewrite my entire signature to reformat it, and now I accidentally have the 30 in blue, and I’d have to rewrite it again to get rid of it.

sorry about that. FYI, this current version of the board is broken and cannot be fixed. Jacob and I have had a few discussions over the past few weeks about upgrading or installing new xenforo software (one of these options is necessary due to unavoidable future site security issues). I'll talk to him again soon.

Back