Preview/Speculation MABF07 - Stealing First Base

Fox Executive

the original Sex Pistol
MABFO7_Stealing_First_Base.jpg

http://www.simpsonschannel.com/screenshots/simps_StealingFirstBase_R2F.jpg

When a second fourth grade class comes in to Mrs. Krabappel's class during her absence, Bart falls for a girl named Nikki, who kisses him, then treats him like dirt. Meanwhile, First Lady Michelle Obama teaches Lisa that there is no shame in being an overachieving girl.

Sounds... starge. Can't see a decent episode coming from this.

Last edited:
The 5296th "Bart falls in love / have a new girlfriend" episode... I fear the worst (although I'll wait a few months before seeing this). :(
I hope I am wrong.

^Sometimes it does. It happened with The Color Yellow also.

Anyway, I think the main plot sounds great. I think it sounds really funny and I think it's interesting and I hope it's pulled off well. However, I think the subplot sounds stupid because I don't think bringing Michelle Obama into the plot is a good episode.

Still, I gotta feeling that this is going to be a hit episode. I saw a promo for it and it really does make the episode look more promising. It's really funny.

^Sometimes it does. It happened with The Color Yellow also.

Anyway, I think the main plot sounds great. I think it sounds really funny and I think it's interesting and I hope it's pulled off well. However, I think the subplot sounds stupid because I don't think bringing Michelle Obama into the plot is a good episode.

Still, I gotta feeling that this is going to be a hit episode. I saw a promo for it and it really does make the episode look more promising. It's really funny.

Thank you!

There was a promo? Crud I must have missed it =[
Yah, the subplot sounds a little too much.
Bart's plot sounds ok out of all the Bart gets a girlfriend plots, this one sounds the most realistic and fun.

It's not that I hate Michelle, I just think she feels out of place and I don't think she should be in this.

Edit: It was on during American Idol last night, BartSimpsonfan17. It wasn't very long, the didn't show much, bit it looked pretty good.

Main plot sounds interesting, the subplot sounds extremely...strange. Michelle appearing isn't an issue for me personally, but since I'll likely be watching with my extremely conservative father I hope they don't treat her like a saint

Does not sound like such a good episode. The sub-plot sounds pretty dumb, the main plot could be decent. Have to see how it all plays out.

The 5296th "Bart falls in love / have a new girlfriend" episode... I fear the worst (although I'll wait a few months before seeing this). :(
I hope I am wrong.

Biffwestwood moment: Actually, there are only 455 episodes of "The Simpsons" to date and fewer than 10 involve Bart having a girlfriend.

Anyway, We've seen the main plot before and I don't think any of us want to see the sub-plot.

D'ohmer moment: unless, of course, the plot is executed well.

Michelle Obama?? I assume she's not the voice actress, right? Nevertheless, that is a quite strange subplot which for some reason I'm looking forward to just to see if they manage not to make it a trainwreck.

The bart plot does not seem very original but I said the same thing about last season's gf and that was a pretty good episode (with a lisa subplot that i initially suspected would be dumb but turned out hilarious)

With "Stealing First Base" being the 9th "Bart has a girlfriend" episode he sure is turning into a Ladies Man in recent years. I'm now thinking that Bart would become a womanizer as an adult.

Due to the last episode ending with Springfield Elementery crumbling and this upcoming episode also taking place there for some scenes, it will be weird that the school was rebuilt so fast. Oh well, time never matters on The Simpsons.

Last edited:
Michelle Obama?? I assume she's not the voice actress, right?

i know it's not her, i just forget who voices her.

also, bart's only "a player" because he breaks up with his girlfriends or they break up with him. stuff happens in relationships, such as breakups, hence forth the person eventually moves on. it only seems like it is happening a lot because the simpsons don't age.

Back