Preview/Speculation "American History X-Cellent"

hughes

Skeletor rising
When the police are called to diffuse a rowdy crowd at Mr. Burns’ estate, one of the officers recognizes priceless stolen paintings on the walls, and the maniacal billionaire is taken downtown for questioning.

With Mr. Burns gone, Smithers takes charge of the power plant. But when employees take advantage of his good nature, he exacts revenge by forcing the employees to work night and day.

These unfair working conditions prompt Homer and his crew to devise a plan to bust out Mr. Burns.

Sound like a great one, to be honest. I'm glad they've been using the plant more again this season, after only seeing it twice (I think) in S20

Episodes that disrupt the natural order of things in Springfield usually tend to be decent, at least. Obviously there are exceptions, but this one sounds much better than some stupid trip to Israel.

Sounds like yet another episode where they came up with the title and THEN the plot, but it sounds interesting nonetheless. It's been a while since a good Burns episode. Hell, it's been a while since a GOOD EPISODE. From what I can tell so far, it feels very classic-era, that it's perfectly on the line between cartoony and realistic.

I also think this episode has the potential to be a great episode. The story is otiginal and I really like power plant-episodes. and the part where Homer and his fellow employees team up to help Mr. Burns could be awesome.

seems sort of in the same vein as The Trouble With Trillions.

don't think that 4 years of the show neglecting a major neighborhood in the Simpsons universe means I have to appreciate an SNPP based ep. But I do have greater faith in this one, since a plot-heavy action-oriented episode like this probably won't suffer as much from meandering jokes and silly things like character development, and unlike Stealing First Base or Greatest Story, they'll be working towards some ending or other.

so I'm hopeful in that regard, but lately my expectations for what the Simpsons staff will give us are at (what I hope is) rock bottom, and my expectations remain there for now.

Originallity does not seem to be a strong essence this season, and thusly our story starts on the same note of which "Curse of the Flying Hellfish" ended. And then the Springfield Nuclear power plant is instore for yet another change in management, just like they did in "Burns verkaufen der kraftwerk" and, on a slightly less glamorous note, "The old Man and the Lisa". Now we can only hope that it continues to follow suit with those episodes, and is directed by Mark Kirkland, which is a saving grace. I immagine it'll be directed by Nasty Matt Nastuk, though, or maybe Nancy Kruse. Neither of them have put out an episode in the MABF production line yet, and I haven't seen either of them credited on the 'Lead character layout artist' list, the fate of Lance Kramer.

The 'Bust Mr. Burns out of the clink' story sounds intriguing, but in the hands of season 21's competent staff, I suspect nothing at all but stupid wackiness, far-fetched fuckery, and some toilet jokes as well. I can only HOPE that it turns out decent.

Solid premise, but I've been fooled by those before. Couldn't get much worse than the last episode....hopefully.

I'm excited to see the power plant again and I usually love episodes that revolve around Homer, his friends and Mr. Burns. I really hope they pull this off because this episode sounds like the perfect blend of humor and plot. I'm looking forward to this one.

The idea of this plot pre-released to reality, and executed through my imagination, results in this episode grasping a 5/5. But then again, I never expect anything to be 100% to my liking. Still, a professional writing staff should be able to come close to high quality when handling a good, down to earth idea for a plot like this. If this episode ends up being awful, due to rushed pacing, lame gags, etc., then it's REALLY going to show just how lazy the writers can get. This episode just screams potential comedic gold, and it would be a shame to waste. I'm not expecting excellence, but I am expecting an enjoyable episode. Luckily, my standards are pretty low right now after the greatest story, but I won't let that get in the way from reviewing this fairly.

A nice premise that doesn't sound too similar to past episodes. Smithers in charge seems like a refreshing idea, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

I Think is Going to Be a Very Good Episode...
siii.png

Sounds like an awesome episode! I'm really looking forward to this one! Which, is the first time in awhile that I can say I'm actually totally excited about an upcoming episode.

I hope there aren't going to be people going: "OMG!!! It's not as terrible as the last episode! 5/5!!!"

i'm pretty sure that won't be the case. cause there's no fucking way this episode could be worse than the last one. i'm not one who gives out 1/5's a lot, but with Greatest Story, i had no choice. so evein if this sucks, it would probably be better, but still far from a 5/5.

Back