Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

That would be cool for Apu to return, same with Manjula too, and I guess Sanjay, Jamshed, Pahusacheta & the Octuplets too

That would be cool for Apu to return, same with Manjula too, and I guess Sanjay, Jamshed, Pahusacheta & the Octuplets too
But only if The Simpsons crew can find a new voice actor for Apu first, but we haven't even had an Apu episode in a long time, but I doubt it could happen sometime in Season 34 as well though, I don't know

But only if The Simpsons crew can find a new voice actor for Apu first, but we haven't even had an Apu episode in a long time, but I doubt it could happen sometime in Season 34 as well though, I don't know
But the voice actor for Apu should be Indian in real life or an American of Indian descent, but also should be Afro-Indian.

So, how about to speculate about schedule in fall? Here's my specs. If last year I wrote detail explanation, why that or other should air on that or other date, for season 34 I saw simpler logic of episode scheduling

September 25 Not It - UABF17 - episode 1
why? The rule with even-numbered season premiere titles, centered on some character… BROKEN
Potential "candidates": UABF16 «Habeus Tortoise», UABF19 «One Angry Lisa»
why not UABF19? For God sake I don't know.🤷‍♂️ That would be the most logical choice: aforementioned long-time (for 8 seasons) rule, and "one Jean run episode in the start of season, one - in the end of [calendar] year" (take a patience for further OABF02 guess). However, my plans for it were rushed with confirmation from Al Jean himself
why not UABF16? Well, actually if not UABF17, that's 16 for sure probably. All depends on premise.

Actually, nowadays the staff don't puzzle with the scheduling episodes and mixing codes - put in order😁… almost. I put Not It here just because of that rule leftover - almost immediately after title revealing we stated it's related to It movie, and to Krusty (Price confirmed it, if anything)

October 2 Habeus Tortoise - UABF16 - episode 2
why? see above: if not UABF16, that's 17
Just add, I don't see One Angry Lisa here - there should be generical date but with broken rule forget about this line:uhh:

October 9 One Angry Lisa - UABF19 - episode 3
All simple - not bothering about the order (with hold the U18, THOH)

October 16 Love, Hacktually - UABF21 - episode 4
Potential "candidate": UABF20 «The King of Nice»
why UABF21? Well, @Roger Myers III 's inside description + the title seemed to be Halloween-related (again canon or not)
why not UABF20? There wasn't for a while 2 unconnected (e.g., no 2 parts) episodes by the same writer back-to-back for a long time

October 23 Treehouse of Horror XXXIII - UABF18 - episode 5
Not necessary to say why? Just say, with World Series for sure will delay this year, October 30 date is also free. However, despite it would see better choice for Halloween episodes (and potentially it still can be), but, IMHO, I'd put a "repeat/encore" on that date. And forget the tradition of TH being as 4th episodes in season (for most cases) - nowadays all depends on football boost:D

Err… I also put repeat "repeat/encore" on November 6 because of that World series case. There still enough free dates🙃

November 13 The King of Nice - UABF20 - episode 6
Potential "candidate": UABF22 «Step Brother from the Same Planet»
why not UABF22 Simple order

November 20 Step Brother from the Same Planet - UABF22 - episode 7
Potential "candidate": UABF20 «The King of Nice»
why not UABF20 Order

November 27 From Beer to Paternity - OABF01 - episode 8

December 4 Game Done Changed - OABF03 - episode 9
Potential "candidate": OABF02 «When Nelson Met Lisa»
why not OABF02 The O02 (don't puzzled with characters) is going to be flashforward (and/or flashback, if you want) episode, and if there isn't any real winter episodes (like Gone Boy in season 29, after Mr. Lisa's Opus), flashforward just fit in it.
In the same time, on this date there can be pre-emption due to... some random reason (Mister Universe, WorldWide Series, Granny Award, J.O. documentary, someone's mood - whatever😛)

December 11 When Nelson Met Lisa - OABF02 - episode 10
why? See above. Well, actually, in my view there are 3 variants: 4.12 - Game (not winter episode), 11.12 - Nelisa; 4.12 - Nelisa, 11.12 - Game (winter episode); 4.12 - Nothing new, 11 - Nelisa (must air in 2022 anyway), and then Game to be first in 2023 (also see U19 and U20 pair)

Further schedule, I'll speculate near to the fall

Last edited:
I guess it wouldn't hurt to figure out which one of the other upcoming Season 34 I think will air on January 8th in 2023. I think 'Top Goon' might probably air that night, plus I already realized that the 'Top Goon' title is a reference to the movie titled 'Top Gun'

I guess it wouldn't hurt to figure out which one of the other upcoming Season 34 I think will air on January 8th in 2023. I think 'Top Goon' might probably air that night, plus I already realized that the 'Top Goon' title is a reference to the movie titled 'Top Gun'
That assumes there's an episode that night. 1/8 is the last week of the NFL regular season, and Fox likes to air "early premieres" of its shows on that night - for example, Gordon Ramsay's Food Stars. Of course, even if Fox does this, it's still possible for a new episode to air at 9:00.

That assumes there's an episode that night. 1/8 is the last week of the NFL regular season, and Fox likes to air "early premieres" of its shows on that night - for example, Gordon Ramsay's Food Stars. Of course, even if Fox does this, it's still possible for a new episode to air at 9:00.
Yeah, which means we might not get a new Simpsons episode on January 1st, you know, pretty much like back in 2017. So after January 8th, we probably won't be expecting more new upcoming episodes (for during Season 34) to air on FOX until February next year. Though, I know it's far too early to talk about that yet

Last edited:
If Graggle Simpson someday becomes a 100% official The Simpsons character in a future Simpsons episode or a short for Disney+...

Graggle Simpson is a fake character and never existed on the show, but it could make an official appearance in a future Simpsons episode.

If Graggle Simpson someday becomes a 100% official The Simpsons character in a future Simpsons episode or a short for Disney+...

Graggle Simpson is a fake character and never existed on the show, but it could make an official appearance in a future Simpsons episode.
Okay, can we please not discuss about Graggle Simpson anymore? Because I just heard that Graggle Simpson is not real anyway 😐

Anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and speculate about what I think could happen for the upcoming Season 34 episode 'Carl Carlson Rides Again':

Carl lost his driver's license and he's not allowed to drive again for a whole week, I bet? 🤔

Alright, since we are halfway through June, I'd figured it's time to feature my speculations of airdates and what episodes should air on them:

9/25 (already confirmed): Habeus Tortoise (UABF16)

10/2: Not It (UABF17)

10/9 (doubleheader): One Angry Lisa (UABF19)

10/16: The King of Nice (UABF20)

10/23 (doubleheader): Treehouse of Horror XXXIII - UABF18 (could be reversed with UABF20 just in case 10/23 has a post season game or something to preempt new AniDom, the new date being 12/4 or 18)

10/30 (doubleheader): Probably preempted by World Series, at least one October Sunday with no new Simpsons

11/06: Love, Hacktually - UABF21

11/13 (doubleheader): Step Brother From the Same Planet - UABF22

11/20: From Beer to Paternity - OABF01

11/27 (doubleheader): When Nelson Met Lisa - OABF02

12/04: Possibly preempted by Miss Universe Pageant (alternative date is 12/18)

12/11: Game Done Changed - OABF03 (reference to video games, probably a Christmas episode compared to OABF02)

12/18: Off date

12/25: It's literally Christmas, of course there's no new episode

Out of 35 Sundays from 9/25 to 5/21, 13 won't have a Simpson premiere, unless episodes are doubled up. The remaining 9 off dates are in 2023, though I'll post later once I figure how the remaining schedule would be like.

10/30 (doubleheader): Probably preempted by World Series, at least one October Sunday with no new Simpsons
World Series is affected by strike, so it will probably take place on a later date.
10/23 (doubleheader): Treehouse of Horror XXXIII - UABF18 (could be reversed with UABF20 just in case 10/23 has a post season game or something to preempt new AniDom, the new date being 12/4 or 18)
Wait a second. So, if 10/23 has a post season (with preemption), than 10\16 TH33, while "King of Nice" will go to... when? Or if, as you said 30th Oct would be World Series, or even without that the further schedule will just shift by a week. I understood you right?

Also, @FanofSimpsons sure I said about not worrying about the codes order, but don't think there won't be any manipulations AT ALL😂

And then perhaps 'Top Goon' would air on January 8th, as I kinda already said before. Which means hopefully 'My Life as a Vlog' and 'The Many Saints of Springfield' could both air in February next year, maybe February 5th and possibly 26th, I suppose?

And then perhaps 'Top Goon' would air on January 8th, as I kinda already said before. Which means hopefully 'My Life as a Vlog' and 'The Many Saints of Springfield' could both air in February next year, maybe February 5th and possibly 26th, I suppose?
You're going too far🌜

World Series is affected by strike, so it will probably take place on a later date.

Wait a second. So, if 10/23 has a post season (with preemption), than 10\16 TH33, while "King of Nice" will go to... when? Or if, as you said 30th Oct would be World Series, or even without that the further schedule will just shift by a week. I understood you right?

Also, @FanofSimpsons sure I said about not worrying about the codes order, but don't think there won't be any manipulations AT ALL😂
I meant that if 10/23 is preempted, then 12/4 would have a new episode 👌

"The King of Nice" is held to 11/6 if the World Series also preempts 10/30. Then, the episodes I listed for 11/6 - 11-27 are pushed down a week, leaving "Game Done Changed" to still air on 12/11 and six episodes airing weekly in a row. Depending on Fox, Miss Universe might air on 12/18, with Christmas as why 12/25 won't have a premiere........... A lot to explain, but I did it 👏

If the MLB's season delay affects the World Series, it'll probably affect 11/6, leaving 3 episodes during the November sweepstakes. There could still be 4 episodes in October and 2 in December....

Just think, when Game Done Change will most likely air sometime in December, it'll probably remind us of 'E My Sports' from back in Season 30, if any of you guys know exactly what I mean, hehe 😁

Just think, when Game Done Change will most likely air sometime in December, it'll probably remind us of 'E My Sports' from back in Season 30, if any of you guys know exactly what I mean, hehe 😁
So, "Game Done Change" is where Bart has a big role, but actually could be a Homer-centric episode.

So, "Game Done Change" is where Bart has a big role, but actually could be a Homer-centric episode.
Even though we've already heard that Bart will have a major role in it, but I doubt it could also be a Homer episode as well, or... Maybe it could also have a Homer subplot, I'm not sure

Last edited:
So, I thought I would share my predictions/theories regarding Season 34, going to in order of production code, and then talk about some other stuff noted in the Wikisimpsons article on Season 34:

UABF16: Habeus Tortoise: Don't really have anything to talk about this episode, according to Google, Habeus, or Habeus Corpus means "A writ that a person may seek from a court to obtain immediate release from unlawful confinement", so my guess is something to do with law, and a tortoise. Maybe Homer gets arrested for doing something to a tortoise, and either seeks out Fat Tony or Fat Tony is the culprit? Given Homer will play a big part and Fat Tony is confirmed to appear in the episode. Directed by Matthew Faughnan & written by, Broti Gupta (The latter only writen "When Billie Met Lisa", it would be interesting to watch, given its Broti's first episode she's written for.

UABF17: Not It: Well, all we know is that Krusty will play a big part. One of two confirmed Season 34 episodes directed by Steven Dean Moore, and written by Cesar Mazareigos. Cesar has only written 3 episodes, I, Carambus & A Serious Flanders. It been written by the same writer as A Serious Flanders would have my hopes up, but the fact that he also wrote I, Carambus does have my concerns. The term Not It can refer to a number of things really. I have a feeling this will mostly be a Bart episode.

UABF18: Treehouse of Horror XXXIII: Well, we should just expect three horror, or more like parodies of popular media. I am not expecting anything from Turning Red or Encanto in this episode. Its directed by Rob Oliver and Carolyn Omine, Ryan Koh & Matt Selman will write a segment each on it. I also assume there will be 3 segments as usual.

UABF19: One Angry Lisa: Directed by Matthew Nastuk and one of three episodes confirmed to have been written by Jessica Conrad, who has written 2 specials, and the episode, "A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas". Which, if I'm been honest, isn't a good sign. While I haven't seen the Loki short, I haven't heard good things, and I did like Plusaversary, but similar to Loki, the reception was mixed. As for the episode, I found it in general kind of meh. However, in the episode, I did like how Lisa seemed to act her age in it, so it would be interesting to see her take on Lisa. As for the plot, maybe Lisa is angry as Miss Hoover or Mr Largo? Or angry at her family, not sure. We have seen angry Lisa before tons of times, such as "On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister", which isn't a good example if I'm thinking about it.

UABF20: The King of Nice: Another episode written by Jessica Conrad. I have a feeling this is going to be a Flanders episode, as he fits the definition of "King of Nice" very well. As for the plot of the episode, I'm not sure. I feel like they've done "Flanders is taken advantage of" plot before in the series, so it would be weird for them to do it again.

UABF21: Love, Hacktually: So, we know this is kind of a special episode, and it will be written by Dan Greaney. Part of me does wander if its a sequel to "Pixelated and Afraid", or, if its a sequel to the Frink episode, "Love is in the N2-O2-AR-CO2-NE-HE-CH4", as it could be a Frink episode, but that's mainly due to the fact that "Hack" is used, and the word generally referring to hacking. Obviously, the name itself is a parody of "Love, Actually", a movie I have not seen. Maybe it'll be a flashback episode for Homer & Marge, or any other couple. Honestly, part of me wants a Helen & Tim episode.

UABF22: Step Brother from the Same Planet: Written by Dan Vebber, we know that Grampa will play a big role, and Homer will gain a stepbrother, well, another stepbrother. When I read the title first, I thought it would be a sequel episode to "Brother from the Same Planet". However, from reading the sypnosis, I have my concerns, as 1. There is Herbert Powell, and 2. I have a feeling that its going to retcon Herbert out of existence. However, there is a chance that it might not, but I will get to that later. Dan Vebber himself has written some pretty good episodes, such as The Book Job, Bart the Bad Guy, Boys N the Highlands & Lisa the Veterinarian, so it would be nice to see what he does. Although he was a Co-executive producer on the episode "Mothers and Other Strangers" which does concern me (Although, that is me not knowing what a co-executive producer means exactly).

OABF01: From Beer to Paternity: Based on the title alone, its most likely a Homer, Barney or Moe episode, but part of me does hope its a Lenny episode. Why not Carl, well, we will get to that, although, it would be cool if we did get 2 Carl episodes in Season 34, but given how often he's "Character of the Day", I doubt it. Directed again by Rob Oliver, and written by Christine Nangle, who has written "Uncut Femmes" & "You Won't Believe What This Episode Is About - Act Three Will Shock You", both pretty good episodes, so I am excited to see this one. Obviously, its going to be about beer and fatherhood, which is why I'm more leaning onto Homer. However, it could be a sequel episode to Season 33's "The Wayz We Were", where Maya might reveal to Moe she's pregnant, and Moe has to deal with Fatherhood. I could see Homer still having a big role in that episode. Maybe Homer will teach Moe the same skills he thought Apu & Krusty?

OABF02: When Nelson Met Lisa: The 2nd confirmed episode to be directed by Steven DMoore, and written by Ryan Koh, based on some investigation of the script, we know that its a flashforward episode, and we know that Hubert Wong will be in it, at least an older Hubert Wong. Of course, things could change in the regard to Hubert. I'm, interested in this episode, and I will have hope that the likes of Janey & Allison have speaking lines, but I doubt that cause the writers don't seem to care about Lisa having friends. I could see this episode releasing in February to celebrate Valentines Day.

OABF03: Games Done Changed: Written by Ryan Koh, all we know is that Bart will have a major role in it. Not sure what to say really, part of me does hope its a video game related episode that is better than "E My Sports". Maybe it could be a sequel episode to that.

OABF04: Top Goon: Not really sure what to say about this episode, its obviously based on Top Gun. Maybe its a Mr Burns episode? I do feel like we haven't seen much of Burns, and I don't remember enjoying "Burger King" (probably not the name of the episode, but I'm still going to call it that anyway). Maybe its a Smithers episode. It will be written by Joel H. Cohen

OABF05: My Life as a Vlog: I could see this been a Bart or Lisa episode, this episode will be written by Jessica Conrad, don't know what else to say about it really.

OABF06 The Many Saints of Springfield: This episode title is interesting, perhaps its another Flanders episode, but it might not be a church based episode. Maybe we'll see the rare, positive side of Springfield. I do have a hope its a episode where Samantha Stanky returns, but I highly doubt it, plus, what is Kimmy Robertson up to these days? Also, has she become problematic, as if she has, well, I don't know. This episode will be directed by Bob Anderson, and written by Al Jean, who is also the showrunner for this episode (I will get to the showrunners).

OABF07: Carl Carlson Rides Again: Well, we know that this will be the second episode to feature Carl Carlson in a spotlight role, and given how good "The Saga of Carl Carlson" was, I am excited to see this one. It will be written by Loni Steele Sosthand, who only joined during Season 33 and has written the episode "The Sound of Bleeding Gums". Interestingly, her brother, Eli Steele guest voiced as an employee in "The Sound of Bleeding Gums", so could he voice act again in "The Saga of Carl Carlson"? Who knows. I assume Homer & Lenny will most likely be in this episode at some point.

Now for the showrunners, so far, we know that Al Jean is showrunner for 3 episodes so far, as Matt Selman is showrunning 11, although one of them he is a co-showrunner alongside Tim Long.

Al Jean Episodes: One Angry Lisa, When Nelson Met Lisa & The Many Saints of Springfield

Matt Selman Episodes: Habeus Tortoise, Not It, Treehouse of Horror XXXIII, The King of Nice, Love Hactually, Step Brother from the Same Planet, Games Done Changed, Top Goon, My Life as a Vlog & Carl Carlson Rides Again

Matt Selman & Tim Long episode: From Beer to Paternity

Some other stuff we know that could happen this Season include:
- An episode written by David M. Stern, who's last written episode was "Kamp Krustier", and knowing he also wrote "Kamp Krusty", I have my concerns, I hope he doesn't do another sequel episode.
- Possible return for Apu (although I do feel like they've been saying that for a while know)
- Two episodes will be set in the future, one of them has been confirmed to be "When Nelson Met Lisa", not sure about the other one thou
- There is something extremely comic book related coming, which feels like a Comic Book Guy or Bart episode, it would be cool to see another Radioactive Man episode.
- Dwayne Johnson was asked to participate in an episode to befriend Lisa, this would be interesting. Also, if he does appear, I hope he does tell Lisa to make friends or something. Also, I hope this is a good episode, unlike "The Musk that Fell From Earth" & "Lisa Goes Gaga", although, unlike Elon, I like The Rock, and unlike Lady Gaga, I still like the Rock (btw, I don't hate Lady Gaga, I just don't care for her anymore, her songs from the late 2000s-early 2010s is what I care about).
- Al Jean will showrun four more episodes, the next been OABF10 (which we don't know the title of yet). Meaning, that out of the 22 episodes, Al Jean will showrun 7 episodes, while Matt Selman will showrun the rest, although he could have co-showrunners like "From Beer to Paternity"
- The writers are plotting several return appearances in the Season for Ms. Peyton: Not really much to say about this honestly, but I do hope if this means the return of Bart's 4th Grade, we'll see the other students expanded more aside from Martin, Nelson & Milhouse. For me, its mainly Lewis, Wendell, Richard, Sherri, Terri, Nina & Sophie.
- I do want to say, I did misread this originally as return appearances for other characters, so I will talk about Hubert Powell in my hopes/theories section

Hopes/Theories:
- Theory: We won't see Apu this Season
- Hope: Return of guest star characters, my main hopes for this season based on the titles include Hubert Powell & Samantha Stanky/Stankey
- Hope: I will always hope for this, and I know it will never happen, and if it does, it will be done badly, but I will hope Laura, Allison, Alex & Isabel reappear, or at least Laura, Alex & Isabel reappear as cameos.

About One Angry Lisa, I'm thinking that it could possibly be an another flashback episode. If so, then maybe we might find out how Lisa first became angry

About One Angry Lisa, I'm thinking that it could possibly be an another flashback episode. If so, then maybe we might find out how Lisa first became angry
It would be nice if it was a flashback episode, I do hope we get a "First Day of School" episode for Lisa. However, I do have my concerns, as they'll probably retcon "Lisa's Rival" and have Allison appear in Lisa's Class. Saying that, "And Maggie Makes Three", a Season 6 episode, did have Ruth Powers appear at Marge's baby shower for Maggie, yet Ruth Powers didn't move to Springfield until after Maggie was born in Season 4's episode, "New Kid on the Block"

Also, they will probably make Lisa not have friends in the episode, and I headcanon that Janey was Lisa's first friend at Springfield Elementary School, I know its just a headcanon, but still.

It would be nice if it was a flashback episode, I do hope we get a "First Day of School" episode for Lisa. However, I do have my concerns, as they'll probably retcon "Lisa's Rival" and have Allison appear in Lisa's Class. Saying that, "And Maggie Makes Three", a Season 6 episode, did have Ruth Powers appear at Marge's baby shower for Maggie, yet Ruth Powers didn't move to Springfield until after Maggie was born in Season 4's episode, "New Kid on the Block"

Also, they will probably make Lisa not have friends in the episode, and I headcanon that Janey was Lisa's first friend at Springfield Elementary School, I know its just a headcanon, but still.
I doubt Allison could appear in One Angry Lisa, I do remember for sure that she was once Lisa's rival, I believe. But anyway, you know what we haven't had for the OABF production cycle as of yet? A Marge episode, of course. So only time will tell

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I think 'My Life as a Vlog' could also be an another Bart episode, since we have seen Bart vlogging a few times before. Or could be a Lisa episode, or possibly the Simpsons family, either way 😐

Last edited:
However, from reading the sypnosis, I have my concerns, as 1. There is Herbert Powell,
To everyone's surprise, but Herb won't be there (the question Justin had asked was deleted as well as his old profile)
Well you guys, it turns out that Herb Powell won't appear in 'Step Brother from the Same Planet', according to Michael Price on Twitter:

UABF21: Love, Hacktually: So, wek know this is kind of a special episode, and it will be written by Dan Greaney. Part of me does wander if its a sequel to "Pixelated and Afraid", or, if its a sequel to the Frink episode, "Love is in the N2-O2-AR-CO2-NE-HE-CH4", as it could be a Frink episode, but that's mainly due to the fact that "Hack" is used, and the word generally referring to hacking. Obviously, the name itself is a parody of "Love, Actually", a movie I have not seen. Maybe it'll be a flashback episode for Homer & Marge, or any other couple. Honestly, part of me wants a Helen & Tim episode.
From what @Roger Myers III (who has ancient connection with the show's staff) had said a while ago, it will probably be a sequel/new version of 22 Stories. But if we didn't open this, your suggestions would be really probable

And I personally don't share your love to return classic one-episode secondary chatacters :)

And you know something? I think Jackomon might be onto something that 'From Beer to Paternity' could possibly be a Lenny episode, not sure about Top Goon though

Back